Home
Posted By: OldJoe QUICK focus variable scope - 12/02/11
Looking for a recommmendation for a TRUELY quick focus variable scope, good quality, maybe 3-10X or 4-12X. Sometimes I hunt with my eyeglasses, sometimes I don't use them. Leupold advertises their new scopes are quick focus but in fact it takes several turns of the eyepiece to go from one extreme to the other. Swarovski's are great because the eyepiece only rotates about 1 turn from one extreme to the other, but they are pretty pricey. Are there any other QUALITY variable scopes with a quick focus eyepiece?
Joe
I have a Nikon monarch 3-12x42, its eyepiece focuses very fast with a small turn, also has side focus.

Mid-range in quality I know, but its a fast glass and has been durable for me on an old 7mag.

Gunner
Posted By: Ringman Re: QUICK focus variable scope - 12/02/11
How about a Bushnell 6500 2 1/2-16X? I bought Swarovski z5 and the above. During daylight the Swarovski needs 1X more than the 6500 to make out the same detail. In low light the z5 is better. Either have the fast focus.
Yes, Leupolds are no where near as fast to focus as the euro design scopes. I'd suggest you look at the 3-9X40 Zeiss Conquest. E
© 24hourcampfire