Home
Does anyone know if Swarovski can convert the elevation turret on a standard Z6 model to a ballistic turret? I called Swaro but they said with the Shot Show it may be a few days before they get back to me with an answer. Thanks!
Swarovski just called me back, here's a bump for their Customer Service. If anyone is interested, yes they can and cost is $200.
Wonder if that $200 for the BT applies across the Swaro line - Z3 and Z5s?
WiFowler, just guessing, but if it's doable, I would think $200 would be the cost.
Originally Posted by Tally_Ho
WiFowler, just guessing, but if it's doable, I would think $200 would be the cost.

I would agree. I'll have to ask the Swaro rep when he comes in post-SHOT Show.
Talley Ho did they tell you should wait until after the SHOT show to send the scope in to have it retrofitted with the BT? I have two Z6's that I'd like to have the BT installed on.
MasterBlaster, they did not. She told me to if I wanted to send it in, I could log in online and they'd process the order. You should be good to go.
Thanks!
Before I send my z6 for the BT, has anyone actually seen, used and evaluated the BT?????? what I am asking for is a real world experience with it. Is it built solid, function well, etc.... I dont want some plastic junk with slop. I like my 7A reticle in my 2x12/50 and the BT was not offered when I purchased.

thanks
I have it on two of my Z5's. I took the Swarovski supplied turret
and put on the Outdoorsman turret which Swarovski is now offering also. As far as hunting with it I killed a pronghorn with a 270 Weatherby at 498 lazered yards and alot of steel out to 650 yds. The only problen is a windage turett,they dont offer one but they designed a reticle 4w with lines on the reticle for your windage adjustments.
I have BT's on a Z3 and a Z5. The design seems solid enough, I just don't like the three color coded discs they use. I had both my BT's fitted with the Outdoorsmans turret, custom laser cut for the loads I sent them. In fact, I shot the rifles at each range and sent the click data to Outdoorsmans instead of using their computer projections. I don't want theory, I want actual range experience, which is what I got. They'll want to use their numbers, just make them use yours.

DF
JBO69, I read they now offer a load specific turret similar in style to the Outdoorsman turret which replaces that color coded plastic POS. You like the 7A, is it heavy enough for low light? I have the plex and am looking to replace that as well in addition to the turret.

Link to Outdoorsman - http://shop.outdoorsmans.com/product.sc?productId=335
Tally Ho,

My Z3 has a nice duplex, almost as good as a Leupold. The Z5, on the other hand, had a target type, very fine duplex, too light for hunting where I hunt. I sent it and $125 to Swaro for a 4a retrofit. Not too happy about spending all that, then even more to get what I wanted. Oh well... frown

My Z5 3.5-18x44 BT is on a custom pre-64, 6.5-284 with 26" Match Krieger. It shoots 4 1/2" at 600 yds, with progressively smaller groups back to teens and twos at a hundred. And the turret is perfectly tuned to the 140 gr. SST loads at 2,950 with Vv 165. I shot it at each distance, recorded the clicks and sent the data to Outdoorsmans. I used the ballistic computer to get on the paper.

Two pronghorns, a number of whitetails and hogs to it's credit, so far.

DF
DF,

The plex must vary from model to model for some reason. The plex on my Z6 sounds like your Z5. I'd call it a "fine crosshair", not thrilled about the cost to change a reticle out a new scope here either! 4A is much better? Thanks for the info on your turret, I think the Outdoorsman is actually making the "new" custom turret offered by Swarovski.

Tally Ho
The 7A reticle on my z6 is not bad. Everyone has said the plex is too faint for low light. So I am going to ship to Swaro and pay for the BT before I order the custom turret.

Sounds like it works but is a matter of personal preference.

thanks
Which is heavier, 4A or 7A?
Which is heavier, 4A or 7A?

About the same degree of "heavy". The 7a has 4 dark segments, the 4a, only 3, with the top wire remaining thin. In other words, the 7a more resembles a duplex, whereas the 4a is heavy on the bottom, left and right, thin on top.

DF
Thanks DF!
Wonder where they got that idea from?? laugh laugh
Hey John, see their 4W reticle, another idea which originated elsewhere perhaps?
$99.00 for the Balistic Turett for your caliber through Swarovski.
Hey John, see their 4W reticle, another idea which originated elsewhere perhaps?

I have not seen one in person but I have seen the literature.

The windage hash marks are spaced at 2 MOA so it is pretty corse and there is no duplex on the vertical above the crosshair and a large gap to the duplex below the vertical.

Not going to be a super low light reticle.

We might work up some blanks and test it out for those that just have to have a Swarovski. grin
John, if you do let us know, I'll be the first to place an order.
From the horse's mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k8GS9KNdQI

It isn't made by The Outdoorsman, though it is similar to thiers. It retains one of the color coded rings (aluminum, not plastic) has a zero stop, and works great.

You are limited to one revolution like the Leupold CDS, which gets you some good distance on the Z6, less on the Z5 and Z3.

^^^ GoodStuff ^^^
Looks awesome. Thanks for the clarification Kilmer!
Originally Posted by kilmer
From the horse's mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k8GS9KNdQI

It isn't made by The Outdoorsman, though it is similar to thiers. It retains one of the color coded rings (aluminum, not plastic) has a zero stop, and works great.

You are limited to one revolution like the Leupold CDS, which gets you some good distance on the Z6, less on the Z5 and Z3.

Outdoorsmans uses one of the BT discs, too. Looks like a very similar product at half the price. Outdoorsmans was/is overpriced, IMHO, although I bought two because it was the only one available at the time.

The market, as always, will determine what it's worth.

DF
© 24hourcampfire