Home
Posted By: Dave_in_WV reticle pics - 01/28/12
The distance to the truck is around 100 yards. Not the best pics but you can get an idea of the sight picture.

Leupold VX-II 3x9x40 post & duplex reticle @ 9x
[Linked Image]

@ 3x
[Linked Image]

FX-II 4x post & duplex reticle
[Linked Image]

FX-III 6x42 heavy duplex
[Linked Image]
Posted By: handwerk Re: reticle pics - 01/28/12
Cool, thanks for the pics,...the post and duplex is my all-time favorite for general use.
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: reticle pics - 01/29/12
[Linked Image]

1965 M8, 4x Duplex

[Linked Image]

VX-III 3.5 - 10 x 40, Duplex

[Linked Image]

VX-I or VX-II (can't remember) 2 - 7 x 33 Rimfire, Fine Duplex

All Leupold. I have nothing against another optics brand, I just haven't ever purchased something else.

I have no idea why the first image is bigger. Technology challenged.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: reticle pics - 01/29/12
I ran a post and duplex in a FXII 6x and really liked it for an all around scope recticle combo.
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: reticle pics - 01/30/12
Interesting. Must be that only Leupold owners like the view through their scope enough to put up pictures.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: reticle pics - 01/30/12
Joel, I posted the pics of the different scopes because like you posted in your request for a pic through a 6x42 HD, many people don't have a chance to actually look through different scopes.

It would be nice if others posted pics through other brands and styles of reticles to compare.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: reticle pics - 01/30/12
I lost the pics I had of the reticles I had in my Summit, Elite, and Conquest or I"d post em. .
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: reticle pics - 01/30/12
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Joel, I posted the pics of the different scopes because like you posted in your request for a pic through a 6x42 HD, many people don't have a chance to actually look through different scopes.

It would be nice if others posted pics through other brands and styles of reticles to compare.

Thanks Dave. I also guessed there would be more participation, as much as everyone talks smack about their this or that being better than that or this.

I agree it would be nice to see how different scope reticles appear without pointlessly going to some store that doesn't have what you're looking for anyway.
Posted By: powdr Re: reticle pics - 10/01/16
I'm w/High Brass. The post and duplex is perfect for my eyes. I had the custom shop build mine with the center wires at .6 which is the size of a 6x42 center. Not quite as heavy as the heavy duplex. Works real well. powdr
© 24hourcampfire