Home
Posted By: JGRaider New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/28/12
Check out the new Zeiss victory bino.......hopefully they'll keep it under $3000

http://www.foto-wannack.de/fernglas...victory-ht-10x42-und.html#previous-photo
Posted By: DAMARA Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/28/12
no mention of a field flattener in the translation.... looks like a victory FL with probably a mARginal increase in glass quality (HOW MUCH BETTER COULD IT GET), same bulky ABK prism system in a redesignED (slc-hd like short hinge) body

werent the victory FL's 95%?
http://www.orniwelt.de/products/Fernglaeser/Zeiss/Victory-HT/Zeiss-Victory-HT-8x42.html

With the HT Victory 8x42 binoculars premium experience nature in a new dimension: up to 95% transmission. This value is a revolutionary and innovative optical Ergebmis concept of Carl Zeiss. HT-glasses from Schott, Carl Zeiss T * multi-coating and the use of the Abbe-Konig prism system - the Victory HT unrivaled bright and high contrast, thereby extending the observation time is critical. Unique to the Victory HT also presented from the outside and shows that need to be innovative, elegant design and compact size are no contradictions. Just as innovative: the ergonomics. The new Comfort-Focus Concept boasts a large focusing ring, which is stored twice in the new Double-Link Bridge. This makes it extremely robust and very relaxed and easy to use.

Zeiss Victory 8x42 HT

The 8-fold magnification of this model provides a particularly large SehfeldSehfeld and allows a long observation with still images. With more than 5mm exit pupil eye relief and overwhelming transmission values provided by the Zeiss Victory 8x42 HT extremely bright images even under adverse lighting conditions.

Delivery: bag, carrying strap, eyepiece and lens cap.

Warranty: 10 years!
im more excited about the swarovision 8x32 but i doubt ill spend that money considering the 8x32EL i have is very useable
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/28/12
I would bet the 10 year warranty you showed is for Europe, not the USA. They're not that stupid I don't think.
Posted By: angv350 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/29/12
They look neat. But how much better can u get!
Posted By: Timberbuck Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/29/12
Yes, no field flattener lenses in the eyepieces-this would slightly lower the light transmission values-and Zeiss vowed never to use them. Zeiss's claim to fame continues to be brightness with the most efficient roof prism available (abbe konig).

I guess you have the Swarovision and nikon edg2 if you want field flatteners.

Swarovski offers a choice of the Swarovision or slightly brighter SLC HD both with better contrast than the original Victory FL.

The previous Victory FL was 93%+ brightness but its build quality in respect to its rubber armoring left much to be desired.

Me personally I own a victory fl in 10x but I am finding that brightness is not everything, I loving the rich/contrasty and bright view of the Swarovski EL 8.5x42 I just picked up. Its one of the last ones made with the improved focus and coatings that the last El's and SLC NEU's received. IMO these late EL's and SLC NUE's are best buys.

Don't know if I will go Zeiss again.

The new Conquest HD may be a good one for the price.

Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/29/12
Mike Jensen here, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics USA. I can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, the USA press release is coming in a few weeks.... but needless to say, as a lifetine western hunter, The new Victory HT is SIMPLY INCREDIBLE smile The first real "super premium binocular" built by hunters, for hunters.
Posted By: SKane Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/29/12
Mike, I'm sure it'll be great. See if you can't keep the price tag under, say, 3k, okay? laugh
Posted By: DAMARA Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/29/12
flat field? sweet spot any bigger than FL? astigmatism better corrected?
Originally Posted by MJensen
The first real "super premium binocular" built by hunters, for hunters.
this needs clarification..is swarovski not super premium or not built by hunters of for hunters??? LOL
Can't give any details BC it's not fair to our media stream and our product launch strategy, but you will not be disappointed, price, resolution, flat field distortions, transmission, durability... all better.
Metal or plastic body?
I was a sales manager at Swarovski (8 years there)back in the day when we launched that product. They make great product also, but all super premium bino manufacturers add give-and-take features for both hunting and birding consumers. This will be a core hunting product.
Can't give any details BC it's not fair to our media stream and our product launch strategy, but you will not be disappointed, price, resolution, flat field distortions, transmission, durability... all better.

You could always send me a free pair to test... grin

Dink
Gotta run. Nice chatting. Keep your eyes peeled for the press release late next week.
Will do thanks for coming by
Posted By: Timberbuck Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 02/29/12
Yes thanks for the info.
Posted By: Aicman Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/02/12
Mike Jensen here, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics USA. I can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, the USA press release is coming in a few weeks.... but needless to say, as a lifetine western hunter, The new Victory HT is SIMPLY INCREDIBLE smile The first real "super premium binocular" built by hunters, for hunters.

For me the current reference for a hunting bino is the Swaro SLC HD. If Zeiss can beat that, I�ll be in line to buy a pair of HTs.

I also hope it comes in a hunter green armor, again Swaro style, given your statement bellow�

I was a sales manager at Swarovski (8 years there)back in the day when we launched that product. They make great product also, but all super premium bino manufacturers add give-and-take features for both hunting and birding consumers. This will be a core hunting product.

Aic
Posted By: angv350 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/02/12
If its more than 2400-2500.00 they can keep it. The SLC HD is more than awesome for any hunter under 2k... Just my 2 cents!
Posted By: GreBb Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/02/12
I handled the new Zeiss at Venatoria show, here in Spain, and they are simply awsome.
And much better ergonomics, in my opinion, than the previous FLs.
Handled the new HD Conquests, too, and I found them to be a vast improvement over the regular ones.
Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/06/12
The Zeiss HT press release hits the USA this Friday and will launch internationally to the public at IWA this weekend. We will show it to the public in the USA at for the first time at the NRA show. I will post our press release here on 24 hour campfire this Friday. It's really our finest hunting bino ever.:)
Posted By: SKane Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/06/12
Cool, thanks Mike.

And, the campfire special of $1200 is much appreciated. laugh
Can't promise $1200 :), but it will be better than the EL Swarovision pricing.

How are you Mike till december? Good flight back to US of A. How are the Conquest binos doing in States?
For sure the new Zeiss Victory are really impressive. Here we are waiting for them more than the Conquest but these were well received. Very good quality/price ratio in this crisis time.

See you at IWA may be on Zeiss booth?

All the best.

Dom
Yes, I'll be at IWA. Flying tomorrow so I'll see you there. I will hand carry back a few pieces of the HT so we can make the Field and Stream "best of the best" review.
Posted By: SKane Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/06/12
Well, I'm eager to check them out.
Can't imagine a "crispier" view than my 7x42 FL's.
Posted By: StrayDog Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/06/12
Schott Glass just like on my Minox riflescope. (grinning)
Posted By: angv350 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/06/12
Scott, are you guys going to make me get my feet wet with these?? Need someone to buy the EL 8x32 I have and maybe I`ll take one for the team... But only if its priced well! Im done with the 2500.00+ binos for now.
Yea, SCHOTT glass, but SCHOTT makes hundreds of grades of glass. I think most of us optics companies use SCHOTT, or a portion thereof. This "HT" glass technology was actually created for the "projector" industry where they want the brightest image projection possible. We received the propietary rights to it for binoculars. :), so we started from scratch with the Victory HT for a new standard in hunting optics. Full press release details coming Friday.
Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
FYI - Here is the press release for the Victory HT. It's a cut and paste, so data sheets don't align. We will do very well with this product.

Mike

Press Release

Carl Zeiss Introduces the Brightest Super-Premium Binocular in the World

The All New VICTORY HT

CHESTER, Va., March 9, 2012 � Carl Zeiss Sports Optics introduces the all new VICTORY HT - the brightest super-premium binocular in the world, with near 95% light transmission. This is the first binocular ever specifically created by hunters to meet the unique needs of the most demanding hunters in the field. Available in 8x42 and 10x42 models.

The brightest super-premium binocular in the world gives hunters a significant advantage by ensuring longer observation in the absolute lowest light conditions or in deep cover. This achievement requires new, proprietary SCHOTT High Transmission (HT) glass, a super-efficient Abbe-Koenig prism, and newly enhanced proprietary ZEISS T* multi-layer coating: only from Carl Zeiss Sports Optics.

The advanced ergonomics of the VICTORY HT are also unequalled. The large VICTORY HT focus wheel, part of the unique Comfort Focus system, is strategically placed toward the center of the binocular to remove strain on the focus finger and improve balance, creating a relaxed, comfortable grip � even with gloves. The forward placement of the focus knob in the Comfort Focus system also eliminates interference from the brim or bill of a hunter�s hat.

The VICTORY HT focus system itself is designed specifically for the hunter for precise, effortless use, providing useful focus speed while avoiding the finicky, drift-prone focus of competing models. It has a wide natural field, with the highest possible center resolution, and without the uncomfortable distortions or light loss of some flat-field competitors. This is a critical feature for hunters who need the sharpest image possible in order to make accurate assessments of game while glassing at extreme distances.

For durability and confidence in the field, Zeiss also created a high grade magnesium Double-Link Bridge: the first bridge to fully protect the focus wheel, eliminate the weak point found in competing models by connecting the bridge with two solid linked hinges, and facilitate a natural and almost effortless setting of the diopter control for the hunter�s individual vision. Intentionally separating focus and diopter controls also provides a smoother, more precise focus than any competing super-premium binocular.

"The Victory HT is designed for the extreme hunter who needs the highest level of optical performance and maximum durability,� said Michael A. Jensen, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics. �This is simply the brightest and the toughest hunting binocular ever made. It is an incredible product, and my challenge to any hunter is this: Do Not Buy any super-premium binocular until you Try the Victory HT � you will not be disappointed!�

The Victory HT will be on display for the first time in the United States at the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits in St. Louis, Missouri, April 13-15, 2012 and available in stores in the third quarter of 2012.

MSRP:

Victory 8x42 HT $2444

Victory 10x42 HT $2499

Summary of Key Features:

� Brightest super-premium binocular in the world, achieving near 95% light transmission for longer observation in the absolute lowest light conditions

� New proprietary SCHOTT High Transmission (HT) glass, a high-efficiency Abbe-Koenig prism and newly enhanced, proprietary ZEISS T* multi-layer coating

� New Magnesium body, with proprietary Double Link Bridge designed for maximum durability

� New Double-Link Bridge for unrivaled protection of the focus knob and absolute durability in the field

� New Comfort Focus system, customized ergonomics that fit your hand in a natural resting state, for the most comfortable and precise focus ever experienced

� Enhanced LotuTec� protective coating sheds water; dirt and fingerprints wipe away with ease

Technical Data:

8 x 42
10 x 42

Magnification

Objective Diameter
42 mm
42 mm

Exit Pupil
5.3 mm
4.2 mm

Twilight Factor

Field of View at 1.000 yd
408 ft
330 ft

Subjective Viewing Angle
62�
63�

Close Focus
6.2 ft
6.2 ft

Diopter Adjustment Range
+/- 4 dpt
+/- 4 dpt

Eye-relief
16 mm
16 mm

Pupil Distance
54 � 76 mm
54 � 76 mm

Lens Type
FL / HT
FL / HT

Prism System
Abbe-K�nig
Abbe-K�nig

Coating
LotuTec� / T*
LotuTec� / T*

Nitrogen Filling
yes
yes

Water Resistance
500 mbar
500 mbar

Functional Temperature Range
� 22 / 145 F
� 22 / 145 F

Height
6.3 in
6.3 in

Width at an eye width of 65 mm
5.0 in
5.0 in

Weight
27.7 oz
28.4 oz

Order Numbers
52 45 28
52 45 29

www.zeiss.com/press

Carl Zeiss
The Carl Zeiss Group is a leading group of companies operating worldwide in the optical and opto-electronic industries. Carl Zeiss offers innovative solutions for the future-oriented markets of Medical and Research Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Eye Care and Lifestyle Products. During fiscal year 2009/10 the group of companies generated revenues of around EUR 2.98 billion. From fiscal year 2010/11 onward, eyeglass lens manufacturer Carl Zeiss Vision will be integrated as an autonomous business group (revenues of EUR 880 million in fiscal year 2009/10). The Carl Zeiss Group now has approximately 24,000 employees, including more than 10,000 in Germany. The Carl Zeiss business groups hold leading positions in their markets. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Stiftung (Carl Zeiss Foundation).

Carl Zeiss Sports Optics
Carl Zeiss Sports Optics is a leading, international provider of premium sports optics and part of the Consumer Optics / Optronics Group of Carl Zeiss. Carl Zeiss Sports Optics, LLC is responsible for sales, marketing and distribution of its state-of-the-art binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes and laser rangefinders throughout the United States and Canada. The North American headquarter is located in Chester, Virginia.
Also introduced today, the Victory HT riflescope line. See below. Again, cut and paste, so for a better view, go to our press info on www.zeiss.com/sports

----------------------

Press Release

Carl Zeiss Introduces the New, Super-Bright VICTORY HT Riflescope Line

Featuring the World�s Finest Illuminated Dot

CHESTER, Va., March 9, 2012 � Carl Zeiss Sports Optics introduces the all new, super-bright VICTORY HT Riflescope line available in 1.1-4x24, 1.5-6x42, 2.5-10x50 and 3-12x56 models. These VICTORY HT 30mm riflescopes achieve an unprecedented light transmission of near 95% thanks to the state-of-the-art proprietary High Transmission (HT) glass by SCHOTT and enhanced T* multi-layer coatings. As a result, hunters with VICTORY HTs atop their rifles will experience a level of image brightness never seen before, giving them a distinct advantage in extreme low-light conditions. The VICTORY HT also comes with one of the most versatile reticles ever invented - Zeiss� proprietary reticle # 60, featuring the world�s finest illuminated red dot for superior precision.

The illuminated reticle # 60 is non-magnifying in the second focal plane for minimum target coverage and activated by pulling out the knob on the left side of the scope. Turning the knob then controls the brightness, allowing for the most versatile levels of illumination. When the knob is simply pushed back in, the illumination turns off. The superior ergonomics of this system make it easy to operate while looking through the scope, even while wearing gloves. The illuminated dot is as easily visible in bright sunlight as it is in any low light conditions. This dot is so fine, it totally disappears when the illumination is turned off offering the shooter an absolute distraction- free sight picture. If the illumination knob is untouched for four hours, the illumination automatically shuts off to preserve battery life.

The VICTORY HT riflescopes are also designed with a notably slim ocular for a lower profile and come with Zeiss� new ASV + turret for quick ballistic compensation. Each scope will have a complete set of ballistic rings for any hunting load, allowing for easy, fast and accurate target acquisition and distance compensation with a quick turn of the elevation turret.

VICTORY HT 1.1-4x24

With its large exit pupil and wide field of view on low power, this smallest VICTORY HT is perfect for any shooting requiring extremely fast target acquisition whether hunting dangerous game, shooting in a 3-Gun competition or use for tactical applications. When every second counts, the VICTORY HT 1.1-4x24 delivers fast, accurate results. Available with reticle # 54 or # 60.

VICTORY HT 1.5-6x42

This super-compact, low-profile scope is versatile and perfect for varied terrains - from heavy brush to open country stalking. The high-performance HT glass in this scope is a benchmark in low-light performance for 42mm riflescopes. Available with reticle # 60.

VICTORY HT 2.5-10x50

This low-profile, all-purpose scope squeezes the utmost light out of its 50mm objective � from dawn until dusk. This scope is as versatile as they come and, with the ultra-fine dot in reticle # 60 and state-of-the-art HT glass, it delivers unprecedented precision at longer distances. Available with reticle # 60.

VICTORY HT 3-12x56

The largest of the VICTORY HT line, this 3-12x56 makes targets visible in the very last of shooting light when conventional optics often fail. The combination of the advanced HT glass, high-performance 56MM objective lens, the super-fine illuminated dot and ASV+ turret option makes this scope deadly accurate at any distance in any light. Available with reticle # 60.

�Carl Zeiss has set a new standard once again,� said Michael A Jensen, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics. �The VICTORY HT is the finest, highest-performance riflescope on the market today and once you�ve looked through one, you�ll see why. There is nothing comparable.�

The VICTORY HT riflescopes will be on display for the first time in the United States at the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits in St. Louis, Missouri, April 13-15, 2012 and available in stores in the third quarter.

MSRP:

VICTORY HT 1.1-4x24 $2,556

VICTORY HT 1.5-6x42 $2,611

VICTORY HT 2.5-10x50 $2,667

VICTORY HT 3-12x56 $2,772

Specifications:

1.1-4x24
1.5-6x42
2.5-10x50
3-12x56

Magnification
1.1-4
1.5-6
2.5-10
3-12

Effective lens diameter
16.3 to 24 mm
22.6 to 42 mm
37.7 to 50 mm
44 to 56 mm

Exit pupil diameter
14.8 - 6 mm
15 � 7 mm
15 � 5 mm
14.9 � 4.7 mm

Twilight factor
3.1 � 9.8
4.2 � 15.9
7.1� 22.4
8.5 � 25.9

Field of view (feet at 100 yards)
114 - 31.5 ft
74.4 - 20.7 ft
44.4 - 12.3 ft
37.5 - 10.5 ft

Viewing angle
21.5� - 6�
14.1� - 1.4�
8.5� - 2.3�
7.2� - 2�

Diopter adjustment range
-4/+2 D
-4/+2 D
-4/+2 D
-4/+2 D

Eye relief (inches)
3.54 in
3.54 in
3.54 in
3.54 in

Parallax free (yards)
109 yd
109 yd
109 yd
109 yd

Adjustment range 100 yards
108 in
82.8 in
50.4 in
43.2 in

Adjustment click at 100 yards
0.34 MOA
0.34 MOA
0.34 MOA
0.34 MOA

Center tube diameter
30 mm
30 mm
30 mm
30 mm

Eyepiece diameter
42 mm
42 mm
42 mm
42 mm

Objective diameter
30 mm
48 mm
56 mm
62 mm

Nitrogen filled
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Waterproof
13.1 ft
13.1 ft
13.1 ft
13.1 ft

Operating temperature
�13 F to +122 F
�13 F to +122 F
�13 F to +122 F
�13 F to +122 F

Length
11.37 in
13.03 in
12.64 in
13.66 in

Weight without rail
15.5 oz
18.1 oz
18.5 oz
20.2 oz

Weight with rail
16.4 oz
18.9 oz
19.4 oz
21.1 oz

Warranty
Limited Lifetime
Limited Lifetime
Limited Lifetime
Limited Lifetime

Image plane
2nd
2nd
2nd
2nd

Reticle
54, 60

Contact for media and press relations

Shannon Jackson, Carl Zeiss Sports Optics,

Phone: +1 (804) 343-3608, Email: [email protected]

www.zeiss.com/press

Carl Zeiss
The Carl Zeiss Group is a leading group of companies operating worldwide in the optical and opto-electronic industries. Carl Zeiss offers innovative solutions for the future-oriented markets of Medical and Research Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Eye Care and Lifestyle Products. During fiscal year 2009/10 the group of companies generated revenues of around EUR 2.98 billion. From fiscal year 2010/11 onward, eyeglass lens manufacturer Carl Zeiss Vision will be integrated as an autonomous business group (revenues of EUR 880 million in fiscal year 2009/10). The Carl Zeiss Group now has approximately 24,000 employees, including more than 10,000 in Germany. The Carl Zeiss business groups hold leading positions in their markets. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Stiftung (Carl Zeiss Foundation).

Carl Zeiss Sports Optics
Carl Zeiss Sports Optics is a leading, international provider of premium sports optics and part of the Consumer Optics / Optronics Group of Carl Zeiss. Carl Zeiss Sports Optics, LLC is responsible for sales, marketing and distribution of its state-of-the-art binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes and laser rangefinders throughout the United States and Canada. The North American headquarter is located in Chester, Virginia.

Posted By: SKane Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
Mike,

Congrats on the new products - can't wait to lay eyeballs to the HT's.
And seeing we've got you engaged here, I've got to ask; what's the deal with the color/finish on the CONQUEST Duralyt?

SS scopes don't seem to sell all that well, and the Leupold intro of the gun metal color pretty much flopped. The Duralyt seems to be a mix of both. smile
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
It sounds like a repeat of the FL, a nice bright binocular,
but I prefer the bigger sweet spot of a flat field eyepiece like
the Swaro. SV. or the Nikon EDG.
For those that like Zeiss, the new Conquest HD may be worth
a look, if wanting a larger sweet spot, as it may beat the new
Victory. That may be a nice value in the midpriced area.
Posted By: DAMARA Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
MSRP:

VICTORY HT 1.1-4x24 $2,556

VICTORY HT 1.5-6x42 $2,611

VICTORY HT 2.5-10x50 $2,667

VICTORY HT 3-12x56 $2,772
There are several reasons... Maybe none are exactly right, but we do a lot of research before we bring new categories to the market.

First: As expand our product lines and categories, we are attempting to minimize consumer confusion between them. For example, our current victory riflescopes are a 4x zoom factor, just like the conquest Duralyt. Since the optical quality is at a different (the absolute highest) level for Victory (FL lens system), we want visual product differentiation, on the retail shelf and on a gun. We sampled a lot of hunters and journalists and ended with this color. I knew some would not like it, but quite honestly and a gun guy, I am surprised how good it looks mounted.

Also, to keep pricing down, this is a streamlined single cell manufacturing project in Germany. No options, no bells and whistles, no turret options, 1 reticle. It's the model T concept on a quality German 30mm scope.

Hope this helps.

Also, just to help pricing expectations, MSRP is generally 5%-10% higher than regular selling price in the market. As the manufacturer, we will only publish MSRP going forward.
Posted By: Brad Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12

The VICTORY HT focus system itself is designed specifically for the hunter for precise, effortless use, providing useful focus speed while avoiding the finicky, drift-prone focus of competing models.

Does this mean the new HT model does not have the fast focus of the FL model?

The FL's fast focus was an absolute deal-killer for me.

Any plans for an 8x32?

Hot off the press:

http://sportsoptics.zeiss.com/hunting/en_de/binoculars/victory/victory-ht/feature.html
Posted By: spr1 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
I find the eye relief a disappointment for me as an eyeglass wearer. I do love my Zeiss binos with that exception.
On the scopes, I hate the short parallax setting on the higher powers. I love the combo of Z-plex and 300 yd parallax setting on my Conquests.
And, for the love of God, please bring back the 4X Conquest........
I have an older 8x20 Victory that I absolutely love.

However, I did buy an 8x32 FL... couldn't stand the fast focus.

Also, comparing the 8x32 FL with my older Leica 8x32 BR's side-by-side over a week of viewing under different conditions (including USAF Optical Chart), my older BR's were actually slightly brighter and gave slightly finer resolution, as well as having a slightly larger sweet-spot.

The FL is marketing genius (marketing over substance). For my eyes, the FL's fall short of the Ultravid's optics, both BR and HD. The FL's coating are designed to give a "WoW" in normal light, but I found the view a bit harsh and that it offered nothing more in low light, despite the hype.

Perhaps the new HT will measure up to the Leica Ultravid.

Now if they'd just make an 8x32 or better yet a 7x32!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
The scopes fall way short in not offering a higher power 40-44mm obj version IMO. Not everyone likes big bells.
There are several reasons... Maybe none are exactly right, but we do a lot of research before we bring new categories to the market.

First: As expand our product lines and categories, we are attempting to minimize consumer confusion between them. For example, our current victory riflescopes are a 4x zoom factor, just like the conquest Duralyt. Since the optical quality is at a different (the absolute highest) level for Victory (FL lens system), we want visual product differentiation, on the retail shelf and on a gun. We sampled a lot of hunters and journalists and ended with this color. I knew some would not like it, but quite honestly and a gun guy, I am surprised how good it looks mounted.

Also, to keep pricing down, this is a streamlined single cell manufacturing project in Germany. No options, no bells and whistles, no turret options, 1 reticle. It's the model T concept on a quality German 30mm scope.

Hope this helps.

Yes, and, thank you for the response.
I assumed you did research, that's sort of why I asked. What hunters and journalists SAY they like when polled, and, what they'll actually pay 1k for are two very different things. laugh I hope the line does well for you but this hunter thinks a simple copper color turret cap or ocular would have sufficed for differentiation.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The scopes fall way short in not offering a higher power 40-44mm obj version IMO. Not everyone likes big bells.

JG, the only thing I can gather there is that they were likely selling the Victory 50mm's by a count of 10 to 1 over the 40mm or they'd not have discontinued it.

Seems to me the trend when guys are "going big" on scopes - be it price or tube size, they really have a tendency to "go big"...

I'm not a fan of large objectives either but folks laying down the cheddar only need to satisfy themselves.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
You're probably right on target with the SKane. I'm sure there's a reason behind it and I bet that's it.
Sounds like more nice glass, thinking I'll stay with my paid for 7x42 SLC's....grin

Cheep bugger I know!

Dober
The FL has a turn ratio of just under 1, start to stop. The HT has a turn ratio of 1.25 revolutions, start to stop, so we did slow it down. However, in addition, the HT focus wheel is 30% larger in diameter than the FL, making the feel of the turn ratio feel slower, and very confortable.
Posted By: angv350 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
For sure, people are not wanting bigger than the 42s hanging from their neck. That's why I myself got rid of my 10x50 Swarovisions... And honestly I prefer the 32s over the 42 because they r even less weight and smaller. Not much fun breaking a sweat before you get in your hunting spot due to access weight.
Posted By: rta48 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
Mike, thanks for stepping out and sharing with us. Most of your competitors would not step into the fire.

Good luck with your new products.

Randy
You're welcome. Clearly I will be bias with my input,:) but I enjoy engaging the real users of all the different products, mine and others. This is the best way for me to stay grounded with what's really going on. I'll jump in from time to time, as I can.
The FL has a turn ratio of just under 1, start to stop. The HT has a turn ratio of 1.25 revolutions, start to stop, so we did slow it down. However, in addition, the HT focus wheel is 30% larger in diameter than the FL, making the feel of the turn ratio feel slower, and very confortable.

I think that'll be very helpful and is clearly a move in the right direction.

Thanks for the input.

Posted By: Eremicus Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
Jeez, for that kind of money, I'd opt for a used, but still excellent 20X60S...... What's another grand or so among us high rollers.....
I'm with Dober. somehow I'm going to make do with what I have for while longer. E
Posted By: Eremicus Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
I'm sorry, but that's way more money for a gunsight than I'll ever need or use. And I thought the S&B, PMII, 10X42 was a little high. They look pretty good compared to those. E
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
thanks Mike....

I was disappointed that riflescopes were the same old power ranges. Same 4x erector, and no 2.5-10x42 or similar scope. You mentioned this was to save production costs and transfer the savings to customers but these are not that much cheaper than their euro counterparts?

I was interested to see what scopes you launched. There is nothing really there that competes with a 1.7-10x42 Z6 (which is what i like)...75' FOV ON THE LOW END AND 10X POWER ALL IN A 42MM PACKAGE. Not many people here want or need a 50 or 56mm scope...I have no doubt that the HT series might score a few percentage points higher in "brightness" than a swaro Z6 but im not hearing many reports of swaro's being poor in low light...

I have no doubt they are brilliant optically.

I also noticed the HT series is only offered with a lit reticle?

On the bino's, i would like to see a 7x32 or 8x32. WIll someone ever make a super wide angle bino? like 500' FOV @ 1000 yards? I think some people here would give a few points in brightess to have a wide FOV and sharpness edge to edge. I know zeiss likes to be the brightest but im not sure being brighter by a couple points combined with good centerfield resolution but astigmatism and poor edges is what everyone wants. The market will tell....I hope they have a huge sweet spot

actually the conquest hd with lotutec intrigues me! any chance that will come out in 8x30/8x32?

Thanks for coming by
The money saving strategy I spoke about above was for the Conquest Duralyt, a 30mm German scope mostly under $1000. Sorry for the confusion. The new Victory FL scopes are not price point scopes. Yes they are expensive but mostly because they are all Victory HT illuminated, to replace the existing Diavari illuminated and the Zeiss Varipoint illuminated. Basically we are discontinuing our 2 existing victory illuminated lines (Diavari and Varripoint) with one scope (Victory HT) still with 4x zoom, and upgrading brightnes and the illumination system.

Regarding us launching the Conquest HD in a 32mm, all I can say is... smile.
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/10/12
thanks mike! Really value your input here
Posted By: Aicman Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12

CHESTER, Va., March 9, 2012 � Carl Zeiss Sports Optics introduces the all new VICTORY HT - the brightest super-premium binocular in the world, with near 95% light transmission. This is the first binocular ever specifically created by hunters to meet the unique needs of the most demanding hunters in the field. Available in 8x42 and 10x42 models.

The brightest super-premium binocular in the world gives hunters a significant advantage by ensuring longer observation in the absolute lowest light conditions or in deep cover. This achievement requires new, proprietary SCHOTT High Transmission (HT) glass, a super-efficient Abbe-Koenig prism, and newly enhanced proprietary ZEISS T* multi-layer coating: only from Carl Zeiss Sports Optics.

It has a wide natural field, with the highest possible center resolution, and without the uncomfortable distortions or light loss of some flat-field competitors. This is a critical feature for hunters who need the sharpest image possible in order to make accurate assessments of game while glassing at extreme distances.

"The Victory HT is designed for the extreme hunter who needs the highest level of optical performance and maximum durability,� said Michael A. Jensen, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics. �This is simply the brightest and the toughest hunting binocular ever made. It is an incredible product, and my challenge to any hunter is this: Do Not Buy any super-premium binocular until you Try the Victory HT � you will not be disappointed!�

MSRP: Victory 8x42 HT $2444 Victory 10x42 HT $2499

While improving the transmission of the bins by 3% might be difficult, it does not really change the fact that 3% extra transmission is irrelevant to practically every aspect of the viewing, even low light viewing. It's like having a 43mm objective instead of a 42mm one.

On the other hard, resolution and sweet spot is crucial and so is the size of the bins. Unless you've improved on those, the HT will still not do much since the FL already has the best resolution in the center of the field, the best transmission and the worst sweet spot of the top three. So unless the HT has a better sweet spot, the only thing the HT will do is to replace/cannibalize your FL sales (which you will therefore discontinue).

Leica comes in the smallest package. Zeiss has the best center field resolution and transmission. Swaro has the best sweet spot. 3% transmission increase does not really matter (I'll take it but I don't want to pay for it).

Does the HT has a different feature fix compared to the FL? It seems you are stretching in the FLs direction but not really changing the mix to invade others' space(size, sweet spot). Tell me where I'm wrong here so we don't have to wait till summer to find out?

Aic

ps: top 3 is not by default the Zeiss, Swaro and Leicas anymore, you can drop any of the OLD top three for the EDG with a strong argument...
Posted By: Brad Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
My eyes disagree with your assessment... I find Leica at the top of the heap, albeit marginally.

But it's all a matter of grading diamonds among the top tier...
Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Aic, all very valid points. Competing in the top 3 is a challenging endeavor, it's like building a better Indy car, all that's left are small improvements but in the end, it's the driver (our consumers) who wins the race smile.

We had 3 objectives when we started this project.

The Brightness
The best center resolution
The best ergonomics

#1. Brightness. Over the last 10 years, although we slightly led the pack, the top 3 all had between 89% and 92% light transmission. Nobody was really willing to make the claim "the brightest". With our new glass, existing prisms and enhanced coatings, we are the first to get to 95% on a premium roof prism product. With that, we are comfortable to make the clain "The Brightest".

#2. Center resolution. As a core hunting product for the most extreme users, center resolution was a top priority. Judging mass or G3 tine length at 600+ yards is critical for those guys. I'm not an optical engineer, so I can't explain what they did or how they did it, but center resolution has been enhanced. Enhancing the center resolution should theoretically widen the "sweet spot" since resolution is a diminishing calculation from center to edge. Since there is no sweet spot measurement standard, we'll have to wait for guys like you to get your hands on it, test it and tell your peers your findings. I am comfortable to say that you'll like what you see.

3. Ergonomics. No longer will Zeiss build great optics and drop the product into a "brick" and say "buy it". Ergonomics matter, period. As the picture of the product reveals, this HT is a departure from our old ways. We built and tested models of the human hand in a resting state when held in front of the face. With this as a guideline, we added ribs to fit the crease of the hand, moved the focus wheel forward so you don't have to split your fingers to reach it, made it larger and slower for control, changed housing texture for comfort, used magnisium for weight and pinned the focus wheel on both sides for durability. Consumer surveys so far says it looks cool and feels incredible in your hand. Ergonomics are in many cases personal preference, but my opinion (albeit bias:) is that we nailed this one.

Hope this feedback helps.
Posted By: jpb Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
MJensen,

Good to see you posting here -- it can a bit like sticking your head into the lion's mouth at times though!

To me, flatness of field matters little so I would glad trade better centre resolution for that. Unfortunately, eye relief (I wear glasses) matters a lot to me, so I will by paying lots of attention to that.

In any case, I look forward to checking out the new binoculars -- more options are always better for consumers!

John
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Gotta say this thread has been very informative. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on my "new-to-me" Victory FL T 10x42's later this week. First trial with high powered binoculars so we'll see how I like them...

Also to give props to Rick Bin and the Campfire. Where else would the President of a sporting optics company just log on and talk to hunters and consumers!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
What I'd wonder is if people will spend $2400 on your new binocs as compared to $1700 for SLC HD's, ultravid HD's, $1000 euro HD's, etc. The Nikon EDG is fantastic, but at $2200+ they can't give them away. Time will tell.
Posted By: angv350 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Very well said.
Posted By: 458Win Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
There are an awful lot of folks who's job - or passion - requires the best in optics and a lot more who simply want and can afford the very best.
but even if many of us can't afford the very best , we all benefit from the new technology as the competition tries to catch up.

Thanks for logging on Mike and keeping us informed.
Originally Posted by 458Win
There are an awful lot of folks who's job - or passion - requires the best in optics and a lot more who simply want and can afford the very best.
but even if many of us can't afford the very best , we all benefit from the new technology as the competition tries to catch up.

Agreed on all counts.

I'm continually amazed at folks that have a safe full of rifles and one crappy set of binoculars... I'd always rather have the very best binocular and only a couple rifles if it came down to it.
Posted By: 458Win Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Most serious hunters would be better served with a set of $2000 binoculars and a $500 rifle - than a $2000 rifle and a set of $500 binoculars
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
i dont want to own many rifles and i dont... id much rather have a rifle exactly how i want it, with the best scope and bino i can afford...than have 10 rifles with bushnell banners and compalin how expensive optics are... what i spend in optics is easily spent by other people i know on extra rifles.....thing is your finger can i only pull one trigger at a time
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
additonally im very happy mjensen came by....people from other companies should take note
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Yes, competition keeps others looking in their rear view mirror.
We all benefit from that.
Plus, this economy only serves to amplify the need for great products at a fair price with stellar customer service.
Posted By: jpb Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What I'd wonder is if people will spend $2400 on your new binocs as compared to $1700 for SLC HD's, ultravid HD's, $1000 euro HD's, etc. The Nikon EDG is fantastic, but at $2200+ they can't give them away. Time will tell.

I can understand that many would feel this way, and it is quite obviously very prudent for most guys.

However, some guys are in the fortunate financial position where the cost isn't much of a consideration.

I was in that position about 28 years ago when I got my Zeiss binoculars. The additional cost I paid has been spread over three decades so it amounts to just a tiny amount per week to have the binoculars that my eyes thought was best.

I find it kind of strange: when I got the binoculars as a young man, a 30 year warranty seemed like forever! Now, they are almost out of warranty... and it makes me feel a bit old! smile

John
Posted By: Eremicus Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Couldn't agree with you two more. I'm the only guy I know that goes on long hunting trips with far more binocul;ars than rifles. E
Posted By: SKane Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/11/12
Originally Posted by Brad

Agreed on all counts.

I'm continually amazed at folks that have a safe full of rifles and one crappy set of binoculars... I'd always rather have the very best binocular and only a couple rifles if it came down to it.

Yes, And, yes. smile

And kudos to Mr. Jensen for sticking his neck out here.
The "boots-on-the-ground" mentality in a leader is to be commended and will no doubt serve Zeiss very well.

Leica can suck their wake. <grins>
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Brad

Agreed on all counts.

Yes, And, yes. smile

And kudos to Mr. Jensen for sticking his neck out here.
The "boots-on-the-ground" mentality in a leader is to be commended and will no doubt serve Zeiss very well.

Leica can suck their wake. <grins>

And yes... it was the gentleman who's posting here from Zeiss Sports Optics who helped me get a rebate I was erroneously promised at the purchase of my Victory 8x20's... he took it upon himself to make it happen, in spite of the fact it turns out I wasn't owed it due to a discrepancy in model #'s. The store told me I was eligible for a $100 rebate at purchase, I subsequently found it wasn't eligible after purchase.

That sort of service turns my head and wins loyalty, and I dearly love my little 8x20 Victories. That's why I'm intrigued as to whether Zeiss will offer an 8x32 HT (not interested in a conquest HD).

But it's going to take a lot to pry my 8x32 BR's (with lifetime warranty) out of my hands... and Leica is starting to finally get a clue from Swaro (and to a lesser/newer degree Zeiss) what top-notch customer service means.

Totally agree with Phil that the sort of improvements Zeiss is making, even if half of it is marketing sizzle, moves progress forward. That's a good thing and I think other Co's should take note of the kind of dedication this particular Zeiss representative is making by posting here.

Big Thumbs up from this little corner of the world...
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/12/12
I'm glad Jensen is here too, and I hope the new glass is a big hit for them. Great glass is a joy to use, that's for sure.
Posted By: Whisky Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/12/12
Mike, any plans in the works for a new bino/RF combo, utilizing the new glass perhaps???

Posted By: Aicman Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/12/12
Aic, all very valid points. Competing in the top 3 is a challenging endeavor, it's like building a better Indy car, all that's left are small improvements but in the end, it's the driver (our consumers) who wins the race smile.

We had 3 objectives when we started this project.

The Brightness
The best center resolution
The best ergonomics

#1. Brightness. Over the last 10 years, although we slightly led the pack, the top 3 all had between 89% and 92% light transmission. Nobody was really willing to make the claim "the brightest". With our new glass, existing prisms and enhanced coatings, we are the first to get to 95% on a premium roof prism product. With that, we are comfortable to make the clain "The Brightest".

#2. Center resolution. As a core hunting product for the most extreme users, center resolution was a top priority. Judging mass or G3 tine length at 600+ yards is critical for those guys. I'm not an optical engineer, so I can't explain what they did or how they did it, but center resolution has been enhanced. Enhancing the center resolution should theoretically widen the "sweet spot" since resolution is a diminishing calculation from center to edge. Since there is no sweet spot measurement standard, we'll have to wait for guys like you to get your hands on it, test it and tell your peers your findings. I am comfortable to say that you'll like what you see.

3. Ergonomics. No longer will Zeiss build great optics and drop the product into a "brick" and say "buy it". Ergonomics matter, period. As the picture of the product reveals, this HT is a departure from our old ways. We built and tested models of the human hand in a resting state when held in front of the face. With this as a guideline, we added ribs to fit the crease of the hand, moved the focus wheel forward so you don't have to split your fingers to reach it, made it larger and slower for control, changed housing texture for comfort, used magnisium for weight and pinned the focus wheel on both sides for durability. Consumer surveys so far says it looks cool and feels incredible in your hand. Ergonomics are in many cases personal preference, but my opinion (albeit bias:) is that we nailed this one.

Hope this feedback helps.

Mike, thanks for your replay. The higher center resolution and a 95% FLAT transmission sound very promising given that the starting point (FL) was already excellent. To your point though, seeing is believing...

I just hope the off center resolution roll off is gradual so I don�t have to wait for the Birders' version of the HTs before I buy a Zeiss wink

I�m very encouraged by your conviction when you say that �ergos matter�, because they do! The bins could have been a little smaller heightwise but ergos are more important than size and optical quality rules...

Aic
Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/12/12
My apologies in advance for a vague answer forthcoming, but to be honest with you and all the readers here, I'm unfortunatly a little cautious how I answer future product introduction questions, since I'm fairly certain my friends at Swarovski and Leica are now reading these posts wink. However, I can say that rangefinding binoculars are a very important new category for us all, and new offerings as well as "in-line" upgrades are probably on everyones new product roadmaps. We all see market shift to where consumers want a dual package, but we all have limited engineering resources so we normally apply those resources to new categories that help us grow, so what's next in line on a product roadmap can change from one day to the next.

So back to your question of "do we have plans for new products or product upgrades in rangefinding binoculars utilizing HT Glass?", yes we do. What's uncertain is (here comes my vague answer) what timeline and priority these products have.

Sorry for a long winded lack of an answer. smile.
Thank you Mr Jensen!

I am a Zeiss binocular and scope user since 1973! Still have my first Zeiss instrument, a Diatal DA 4x32 Ret N� 1. As good as when new!!! And on a par with many today scopes, including my Zeiss Victory 1,5-6x42....
In 2004 I sold my Leica Trinovid BA 10x42, a wonderful binocular, after triing a Victory FL 10x42. And this one was my main hunting binocular since then. I found the so-called "sweet spot" large enough, and couldn`t find any difference with that Leica on this. For me the natural eye position when using a binocular, or a scope is to center the vision. And if I want to look at a side, I move the binocular!, not the eye around the optic field! Of course there must be a center view large enough. And, for me the Victory FL has THE BEST RESOLUTION, BRIGHTNESS, COLOURS AND CONTRAST of all the rest. Period!
I have another two binoculars I really like and use: A Swarovski Habicht 10x42 W GA, a trully well made binocular as used to be build with great optics, and a recent Meopta Meostar 8x32, an outstanding "little" binocular I use every day (I am an agricultural engenier working in Range Management in Patagonia).
I am very interested to try the new Zeiss HT binocular, so I took the challenge and I have just SOLD MY VICTORY FL to a hunter friend "needing them"!! And will wait for the new HT.
To be sure, when will it be available in USA and/or Europe?

Thank you again!

PH
Posted By: Whisky Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/12/12
My apologies in advance for a vague answer forthcoming, but to be honest with you and all the readers here, I'm unfortunatly a little cautious how I answer future product introduction questions, since I'm fairly certain my friends at Swarovski and Leica are now reading these posts wink. However, I can say that rangefinding binoculars are a very important new category for us all, and new offerings as well as "in-line" upgrades are probably on everyones new product roadmaps. We all see market shift to where consumers want a dual package, but we all have limited engineering resources so we normally apply those resources to new categories that help us grow, so what's next in line on a product roadmap can change from one day to the next.

So back to your question of "do we have plans for new products or product upgrades in rangefinding binoculars utilizing HT Glass?", yes we do. What's uncertain is (here comes my vague answer) what timeline and priority these products have.

Sorry for a long winded lack of an answer. smile.

Well, I'm holding out hope.,...Please though, don't screw the pooch like Swaro did with their new EL Ranges and make the minimum ranging distance 33 yds. laugh That don't work too well for the archery market. wink

Thanks Mike!!!
Posted By: Aicman Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/13/12
Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter

...and this one was my main hunting binocular since then. I found the so-called "sweet spot" large enough, and couldn`t find any difference with that Leica on this. For me the natural eye position when using a binocular, or a scope is to center the vision. And if I want to look at a side, I move the binocular!, not the eye around the optic field! Of course there must be a center view large enough...

PH

PH, you are confusing natural with adaptive. You�ve adapted to moving the bins to where you look at(adaptation to the fact that the binos have/had off center resolution roll off). What you call natural is in reality your adaptation to a constraint posed by the binos. You�ve being doing it for so long it become second nature but that does not make it natural. It�s natural to an owl but not you a human.
I find it easier to pan with my eyes and hold the binos steady than the other way around in any bino holding position (holding, resting, tripod).

To your point and looking beyond semantics, second nature can feel natural to many but it not for all.

Aic
Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/13/12
In many cases, Archers lead the trends of the hunting world. 10 yards short range ability and a button on the right side of a rangefinding binocular are what we call "CSF's", critical success factors. Failing to recognize these CSF's is not being in touch with your market, and we won't do that. No wories on this one as we build new product.
Hello Aicman,

I see what I said as totally natural or instinctive. Is the same machanism or fundation of the orctoptic or "peep" sights!
The human eyes allways try to look throught the center! I did not said it is imposible to look around the edges of the binocular field but the eyes must be forced to do it. Anyway, the "sweet spot" in the FL, at least in the 10x42 as mine, is large enough FOR ME, and they give me a very relaxed long time view, even at dusk or down...! It is a pleasure to be hunting in the Andes, around my home with the kind of view the FLs, the vivid colours, the sharp contrasts and the superb resolution...I am useing binoculars from the past 45 years and I am very picky about them...I sold a pristine and great Leica BA to buy the Victory FL and I never regreted it!

Regards

PH

I'm not involved in Zeiss company or with any other optic companies but had chance to test and abuse lots of their products.

Met Mr Jensen in december in Zeiss at Wetzlar, tested the new Victory HT and hunted a bit with him among others.

For sure, all he writes here, is the absolute truth. These new Victory HT will be a breakthrough in optical market, the new goal to aim for other makers.

Not to forget: Mr Jensen is really a MAN, the one who stand behind his products and knows what he speaks about.

Too bad we need to wait a bit for the Victory HT scopes on the market in Europe too.

Dom
Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 03/14/12
Thanks. Not sure who this is, but I spent time with a lot of people over there in December. Appreciate the good words. Now I have to live up to them smile
Posted By: GreBb Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 06/06/12
Mike,
I hope the new HTs are selling well... What is the feedback you are getting on them, and is there any possibility of 8x32s hitting the market anytime soon.
Thank you!
BBerg
Posted By: MJensen Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 06/10/12
BBerg, Victory HT orders are coming in well and I expect this to continue It's an incredible binocular We will begin delivery to the market in August, and should have product in most dealers by late August.

No chance on the 32mm HT in the near future... however, Conquest HD 32mm binos will launch very soon, with August deliveries. The NEW Conquest HD's are cleaning up market reviews all agreeing that they are excellent. The 32mm will also be in this premium quality/moderate price category, appx $100 less than the 42's. News to come soon on this product.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 06/10/12
Mike:

Does that mean production will or has been discontinued on
the 32 and 42mm FL's? How about the big 56 FL ?
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 06/11/12
BBerg, Victory HT orders are coming in well and I expect this to continue It's an incredible binocular We will begin delivery to the market in August, and should have product in most dealers by late August.

No chance on the 32mm HT in the near future... however, Conquest HD 32mm binos will launch very soon, with August deliveries. The NEW Conquest HD's are cleaning up market reviews all agreeing that they are excellent. The 32mm will also be in this premium quality/moderate price category, appx $100 less than the 42's. News to come soon on this product.

Mr. Jenson:

I thought I'd try again, you seem to reply to some asking about your optics. You first mentioned the new Zeiss
HT back in Feb. so I thought you would reply to a question from a Zeiss owner who has, or has had the Zeiss 8x42 FL
and a 10x56.
What is the current status of the FL. They are a very good optic, and I am wondering about how the current range
of sizes will continue.
You mentioned the Conquest, and I did handle one, a new 8x42HD at a store recently. I thought it was alright, but it is
not a Victory.
Let us know.

Jerry
Posted By: GreBb Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 06/11/12
Thank you, Mike, will have to take a look at those HD Conquests.
BBerg
Posted By: lt7010 Re: New Zeiss Victory Bino - 06/11/12
Those Zeiss HT looks good. Is there any review on them yet?
© 24hourcampfire