Home
Anyone have any experience with rangefinder cases that tether the rangefinder to the case? And also have flexibility attaching to belts/pack shoulder straps and the like.

Between daypack, rifle, binos, shooting sticks I've run out of appendages to carry stuff and I'd like to be able to grab my new rangefinder and not worry about dropping it in the rocks wilst performing the Chinese fire drill when spotting game and getting set up.
You might just buy a Bushnell Fusion range-finding binocular. The optics are pretty good, and the rangefinder is outstanding.
"Between daypack, rifle, binos, shooting sticks I've run out of appendages to carry stuff and I'd like to be able to grab my new rangefinder and not worry about dropping it in the rocks wilst performing the Chinese fire drill when spotting game and getting set up."
Sounds like you need a pack mule....
I have a Leica that fits neatly in my left shirt pocket. It came with a cord that loops around my neck. May not work for you, but it has seen a lot of use that way for me.
My buddy uses a Nikon retractable tether. He keeps his rangefinder in a front pants pocket, attaches the tether to a belt loop and the cord is long enough to be able to bring the rangefinder up to eye level.

It's slick as snot. There's never any fear of laying the rangefinder down and forgetting it.
A rangefinding bino would definitely reduce the clutter.

I've got by all these years just guessing distances but Cabelas sucked me in on a smoking deal for a Leica 1600 crf.

Have allways been a sight it in and leave it guy. First a rangefinder, add a couple of Leupy cds scopes and now I'm ranging and twisting. What a hoot.
© 24hourcampfire