Home
Thanks
Ok, this is what Leupold told me, just in case anybody else is looking for the data.

Bottom of circle is 3.9 MOA
First hash below circle is 9.23 MOA
Second hash below circle is 13.5 MOA
Top of bottom post is 18.6 MOA
Windage ticks are 11.43 MOA

All at 4x.

[Linked Image]
I'm ignorant on this one, but I don't understand the idea/need for such a thing. Enlighten me.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm ignorant on this one, but I don't understand the idea/need for such a thing. Enlighten me.

Leupold needs access to your wallet again. At four power none of that [bleep] is going to buy you much.
It fit my application, a short barreled 300 Blackout, pretty well. With a 75yrd zero it breaks down like this...

Bottom of circle is 25 yards
First hash below circle is 125 yards
Second hash below circle is 150 yards
Top of bottom post is 200 yards
I like the reticle but what caliber bullet weight combo?
AMRA
I like a 4x33 w/German #1..... or a 6x w/G4.

Looked thru that scope last week, great optics, busy reticle for me, prob overkill 30mm tube, but it's bright.
Originally Posted by AMRA
I like the reticle but what caliber bullet weight combo?
AMRA

Factory Remington 220gr OTM Subsonic load.
For shooting pigs in the dark? I've wondered how they would work.
Originally Posted by doubletap

That's the plan. We'll see...

For shooting anything in the dark.
I'd be looking for something other than a loopie.

dave
Originally Posted by clark98ut

That's the plan. We'll see...

Please, let us know. I'm feeling tempted.
Leupold builds that scope with what they call a fire dot 4 reticle. It looks like a post/cross hair model to me. (go to SWFA for a look see.) This one is not busy like some of the others. I have looked at the ones Cabela's sells and I agree. BUSY, but pretty bright. jack
Originally Posted by clark98ut
It fit my application, a short barreled 300 Blackout, pretty well. With a 75yrd zero it breaks down like this...

Bottom of circle is 25 yards
First hash below circle is 125 yards
Second hash below circle is 150 yards
Top of bottom post is 200 yards

Similar drop for a slug gun, once you figure out your drop it great to 200yds.
The hatch marks (subtensions) are in 1-mil increments.

Per Leupold, �The Pig Plex reticle was specifically designed for the hard core hog hunter. Ballistics are matched to .30-06 180gr loads, and with a 50 yard zero provide 300, 400 and 500 yard hold over points. Windage hash marks provide fast ranging and hold off when the time comes to knock down the next pig.�

A 50-yard zero (2.25-inch scope height) using American Eagle 7.62 x 51mm, 168gr, OTM rounds yields the following:

Range (yards) Elevation (mils)
50 0.0
300 1.0
400 1.9
500 3.0

From 50 yards to 200 yards, keep it in the circle. The OTM rounds with the 50yd zero shoot 0.9-inch high at 100 yards and 1.6-inches low at 200.

So, it�s a nice AR-10 scope.

The model I'm interested in is the 1-4x Hog with circle X reticle. (No battery)About $230 retail

The other model is a 1.25-4 firedot with battery Over $400 retail.

There's much to tell about our new VX�-1, but here's how the story ends: No other scope in its class comes even close the the quality, performance, and value of VX-1. With our revolutionary Quantum Optical System, with lead-free glass and Multicoat 4 lens coatings, the result is up to 92% total light transmission, and a sight picture that is incredibly bright, clear and razor sharp. Better have one atop your favorite rifle.

Price
VX�R 1-4x20mm Hog 4.00x 19.00mm No Yes No $289.99
VX�R Hog 1.25-4x20mm (30mm) 15.00x 20.00mm No Yes Yes $599.99
I have the VX-HOG 1-4x20. The glass is excellent. When set on 1x, you can easily acquire the reticle with both eyes open.

Reticle Information:
Zero Range: 50 yards
First Hold: 1-mil (300 yards)
Second Hold: 2-mil (400 yards)
Third Hold: 3-mil (500 yards)

Based on .30-06, 180gr loads.
(Which conveniently works for a .308)
© 24hourcampfire