Home
Just wondering if anyone had an issue with a scope slipping under recoil.
With a .375-.416 Rem Mag and a .340 Wea no problems.
They held this heavy Nightforce scope quite well:

[Linked Image]
They hold fine.
No issue whatsoever.
Sako have had the same plastic inserts and if anything grip more securely and the bonus is no ring marks. No problem with 375 H&H.

regards
John
One of my favorite setups. I've never had anything move with them. I really like how you can use offset inserts to build in elevation or get close to zero without using the internal adjustments. My only complaint is I wish they made them in a low ring height.

John
Don't see how it could slip unless one forgot to tighten the ring cap.
Have them on my 30-06 and holding fine for over 2 years.
I've used easily 1-2 dozen sets over the last decade, or so, and I've never had a problem with a scope slipping. Torque them properly to Burris specs, and they'll hold fine without binding up the internals of the scope or damaging the finish on the tube.
I give the rings and the inserts a good cleaning before installing them .
When trying to get the crosshair lined up to the center of the bore tighten them ever so slightly and you won't be able to turn the scope in those rings.
I have them on everything except a cz 221 fireball -and that might change.
No issues
HAVE A SET ON 22-250 THAT HAS BEEN SHOT ALOT AND RODE IN TRUCK FOR SEVERAL YEARS WITH NO ISSUES.
I really like them, we have signature rings on 3 rifles and 2 cantilever shotgun barrels.
AOK on my .300 WM.

[Linked Image]
They're the only rings that go on my rifles and scopes.
I only have one rifle with them and they are fine, had a scope move in a set of Talley's installed by a smith (Rem 700 300 WSM).
I had to crank down on the rings more than I am used to doing, that is why I asked. I noticed in the pics above that there is little to no space between the upper and lower ring. That is what I had to do when mounting my Swarovski. I usually have an even space at least a business card wide with talleys.

Thanks
no slippage here, 30mm MK4 on a .375 AI. the cap halves are close on this one too, but there is gap after final tightening.

[Linked Image]
8x32 Nightforce (heavy scope) mounted in 30mm Signature Z rings.....on a 50 BMG.......no problem.
I have them on 10 different rifles, 204 ruger up to 300 wby and have never had any issues. I also used the inserts to add more windage to a scope that had run out at 500yds. They are my go to ring on everything but the real heavy recoilers.
This is a record. Three pages in the Optics Forum and not a single negative review.

No problems here either, but I don't shoot heavy kickers.
I have around a dozen sets on rimfires through slug guns. Love 'em. I wipe some kroil on the inside of the matte metal rings prior to seating the inserts for an ounce of corrosion protection. I also use kroil on the ring screws, purple or blue loctite on the bases. I use Burris' suggested torque settings and have had no problems. No ringmarks.

I never had to tighten them to the point that there was no space between the rings though, as sakoluvr described he had to do.....odd
© 24hourcampfire