Home
Posted By: herschel34 Swaro Eye Cups - 10/29/12
I have some of the rubber eye cups to protect the objective lenses. They seem to fall off when I am walking. Luckily I have been able to find them on the ground.

What do you guys do in order to keep them from falling off and losing them? Glue'em???
Posted By: jdunham Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 10/29/12
Mine are pretty snug, never been an issue. Mine have gone everywhere I have in the woods for the last 16 years. How long have you had them? Maybe the newer models are different than my SLC's.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 10/30/12
Glue works, try super glue, or some real shallow selftapping
screws.

Edit: So nobody takes this seriously. Yours are worn out,
so call SONA, Swarovski Optic Service center. They will help
you there.
Posted By: Gunaddict Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 10/30/12
I haven't lost eye cups, but the flip up covers, I have lost them.I have a pair of 8.5x42EL's and I have lost 5. I do alot of walking and glassing. Swaroski has only charged me for 1. I have also lost 2 on my 8x30 SLC's. It seems I lose them when I buckle my pack. I have adjusted my bino's up higher, but it hasn't helped. My brother has Lecia's and he hasn't lost any. I just bought a pair of 10x56's and I only use them on my tripod..
Posted By: herschel34 Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 10/30/12
Just to clarify, I am talking about the rubber flip up covers over the objective lenses, and these are less than a year old. It seems they come loose by moving up and down on my clothes.

So, what do you guys do?????
Posted By: JasonF Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 10/30/12
I lost one the same way. I switched to an AGC chest pack.
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 10/30/12
My 10x42 EL's lose the eyepiece rubber rings, and my 8x32 EL's lose the obj covers like you say yours do.
Posted By: stantdm Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 11/04/12
I take them off of my SLC's when using them.
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 11/05/12
If you close them when walking so they touch they cant fall off
Posted By: Leg_Shot Re: Swaro Eye Cups - 11/05/12
Had the same problem with my 8x32 el's. I just took the covers off. You should try using a bino harness that will protect them from the elements. I have a lot of friends that use the S4 gear harness and love it. Also, if you lost them I would guess Swaro would replace them at no cost to you.

© 24hourcampfire