Home
I picked up a used Nikon Monarch that was missing the turret caps!!!!!!! Called Nikon about buying some new ones... They told me they would not sell them to me, However they would be happy to send them to me... at No charge. Thanks Nikon.
Posted By: bman940 Re: Nikon customer service - 03/11/13
Glad it all worked out for you KMN !
Nikon has gone to great lengths to improve Customer relation's with excellent service. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience.
Posted By: reelman Re: Nikon customer service - 03/11/13
My dog just chewed the eye piece of my old 9x25 Travellight binocular so I sent them in to see what Nikon would do. I figured if the repair cost wasn't to much I would have them fixed for a cheap truck binocular. They Emailed me a repair cost of around $20 including return shipping so I told them to go ahead and fix them. A couple days later I was Emailed a work order showing that they fixed my 7x20 binocular. I emailed them a picture of the box showing that they were 9x25 and not 7x30. A couple days later I was sent a brand new pair of 10x25's. Somehow they must have lost my 9x25's so they sent me a new pair. I wasn't expecting or asking for a new pair but I'm happy with the outcome.
Posted By: BrentD Re: Nikon customer service - 03/11/13
Nice. I like Nikon. I just had to order new eyecaps for my Leica Trinovid. Only $39.95. frown

Leica is good stuff, but Nikon - I like those guys.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Nikon customer service - 03/11/13
I have a older pre Monark scope into Nikon as we speak for some tune up. they really went to bat for me a couple years ago on an issue i had with another older scope and they really sold me on their customer service. both these scopes BTW i bought used and when i explained to Nikon how i came about them they told me not to worry, it doesn't matter. they replaced the first scope for me with a Monarch even though the issue with the old scope was from the previous owners mistake. Good people at Nikon.
Well, the leupy snobs say Nikon customer service sucks.... whistle...I actually prefer my Nikon's over any Leupold scope and I haven't had to use their CS either...Hmmm...
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Nikon customer service - 03/12/13
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Well, the leupy snobs say Nikon customer service sucks.... whistle...I actually prefer my Nikon's over any Leupold scope and I haven't had to use their CS either...Hmmm...

I had some problems with a D40 camera and in my opinion their customer service sucks.....I'm not a snob...and only an example of one...
Originally Posted by AFTERUM

I had some problems with a D40 camera and in my opinion their customer service sucks.....I'm not a snob...and only an example of one...

I thought we were talking rifle scopes, not electronics (digital camera's)...
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Nikon customer service - 03/12/13

Customer Service is Customer service no matter what it is. If they give you better service for outdoor stuff than they do for the other products they sell, than those departments need to do a better job.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Nikon customer service - 03/12/13
I also have had nothing but good service from the Nikon service department.
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Nikon customer service - 03/12/13

might wanna read the title of the thread again......
Posted By: Horseman Re: Nikon customer service - 03/12/13
About 4 yrs ago I bought a new Monarch that came with both turret caps with large portions of flaked finish leaving bright aluminum showing. I called Nikon they told me I could buy replacements or return to retailer. I told them I bought it online and it would cost me $$ to send it back and I didn't feel it should cost me anything since I'd already paid for a new scope. They didn't care. So now I no longer care about Nikon.
Posted By: Leftybolt Re: Nikon customer service - 03/12/13
I presently own nothing made by Nikon but have in the past owned Monarch ATB 8x42 binos and a couple of Monarch 3-9x40 rifle scopes.

I was leary when I bought my scopes because a friend of mine had a bad experience with a pre-Monarch 3-9x40 scope and Nikon wouldn't touch it as far as "warranty service" was concerned. There wasn't a mark on the scope(it looked brand new), it simply wouldn't hold zero.

Having said that, my Monarch scopes were some of the most reliable scopes I ever owned(used on a 270WSM and a 7mm Rem Mag). Only reason I got rid of them was that I found I liked Leupold's less-critical eye relief better. Oh, and also didn't care for the gawdy, shiny gold emblem on Nikon's windage turret caps.

But, their customer service seems to have improved over the years.

Unfortunately, Nikon's present line of Monarch scopes doesn't interest me in the least because they are just plain ugly, IMO.

Leftybolt
Posted By: elkjaeger Re: Nikon customer service - 03/13/13
bman940,

Didn't know you were on 24hr or I might have contacted you first.
On 1/15/2013 I also called Nikon about a replacement turret cover for a ProStaff 3-9x40 and received an email response (ref #130115-001093). I supplied the serial no. of the scope as requested. I have heard nothing since.

A couple years ago I contacted service & was advised I could send in my old armored IF 8x30 binos to get the rubber eyecups replaced. I was later contacted for approval to charge a reasonable fee for this repair, which I approved. I received a new pair of binoculars of significantly lesser value, instead of the repaired binos as promised. When I called service about this they said I should be happy to get the new ones since they were unable to repair my old ones. The old binos held sentimental value to me so I told them I would return the new ones and I wanted the old ones back (they functioned perfectly, the eyecups were just useless). I was informed that the binos I had sent in were "no longer available".

I am a Nikon camera guy through & through but have never had an issue with one so no experience with CS in that area.

I am happy to pay for a new cap, since I lost the old one. But haven't been given the opportunity one way or another.

Chuck

might wanna read the title of the thread again......

Yep, it's in the "hunting optics" forum. You do the math... whistle When it comes to digital camera's, I use them and when they go tits up I chit can them and not piss and moan to the manufacture..Do they offer a lifetime warranty on their cameras too?
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Nikon customer service - 03/13/13
actually, you know nothing about the warranty on my camera, what happened to it, or whether I pissed or moaned...YOU do the math...
Posted By: bman940 Re: Nikon customer service - 03/13/13
Elk/Chuck, Send me your contact info and I will see what I can do to get you a new turret cap. Hopefully it won't be to big of a deal, it's all about availability.
Bart
Posted By: elkjaeger Re: Nikon customer service - 03/13/13
PM sent, thanks Bart
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Nikon customer service - 03/13/13
guys an update on my older, japan made pre-monarch 1.5-4.5x20 scope. they are repacing it with a new 1-4x20 Monarch African. so much for someone saying they don't warantee older pre monarch scopes. Nikon has really stepped up for me on this one especially considering the original owner abused the crap out of it. for the record i told them at nikon i bought it used and was not the original owner.
Update!!!!! received the turret covers today....Ordered sunday.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Nikon customer service - 03/18/13
My brand new Monarch African 1-4 x 20 arrived today! My hat is off to Nikon and their customer service. Well done Nikon!
Posted By: bhoges Re: Nikon customer service - 03/20/13
The only scope that ever failed on me was when I use a kid. All I did was stick my finger though the reticle. What a piece of junk right? I'm sorry I've had a lot of Nikon optics and never used their customer service since they just don't break. Lesson learned if I keep my fingers out of the internals my scopes usually hold up.
Posted By: elkjaeger Re: Nikon customer service - 03/22/13
UPDATE:

Thanks to Bart (bman940) I received a new scope cap in the mail today!

Thanks Bart & thanks to Nikon.........

elkjaeger
Just had an excellent experience with Nikon customer service. Sent in a Prostaff 4-12x40 that had an elevation known that was stripped. They sent me back a brand new scope. Couldn't be happier to see they honor the "no fault warrantee".
Posted By: killerv Re: Nikon customer service - 07/26/17
I've sent back a monarch and a camera lense to them...both good experiences.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Nikon customer service - 07/26/17
I have had to use them twice...and was less than impressed both times.
Posted By: bman940 Re: Nikon customer service - 07/26/17
Nikon's Imaging and Sport Optic's businesses are seperate entities. Great to go back and read the good CS experiences that were had by 24Hourcampfire members. I do freelance work for Nikon and CS isn't in my job description, I just know that if it was me who had a problem with a scope I would appreciate any help I could get. Nikon is constantly working to improve CS issues and getting feedback I can pass along is a big help. I am also happy to pass along request's for new optic's as well. This year Nikon reallly did well providing you guy's with a brand new line, BLACK X1000/ BLACK FORCE1000. These scopes came about from request's you guy's having been passing along to me over the years. Definitely worth checking out if you like to dial in your shot's. Both MRAD/MOA reticle/turret option's.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/DSC_0654.jpg
Posted By: jt402 Re: Nikon customer service - 07/26/17
I have some 12-15 Leupolds, some bumping thirty, one over (M8). So far, none of mine have been back to the mother ship. Not so with Swarovski. No Nikons in inventory. If you like them, that is fine. Free country, free market. I might like them if I used them. I usually go repeat on what has worked for me. I'm not adverse to Japaneese products. I'm on my seventh Toyota. Two each cars and trucks and three vans.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Nikon customer service - 07/28/17

I also called and was sent a new turret cap....only took 5 months to arrive....
© 24hourcampfire