Home
So you tell me I am ordering today. There are some goo prices to be had on the bushnell down to about $200 but I keep coming back to the zenray 10x43
Hard to go wrong with either one for the money. I've used my son's Bushnell HD and they are amazing glass for the money and IMHO rival glass costing many times more.

Can't say on the Zenray- no experience with them.

Bob
It is basically a matter of ergonomics. The Bushnell is lighter and smaller than the ZEN ED #. I think the ED 3 is sharper and it fits my hands better.

I have had a couple of the Legend Ultra HD's, and while the center-field resolution is very good, the field curvature across the whole of the image makes them look (to me) like you are looking at a fuzzy target with two distinct curvature rings. The outer one is generally not a problem, but the inner one makes it look like looking through a fuzzy inner tube. For me it was a deal breaker.

Just on my personal experience with both, I'd go with the ED 3 and never look back.
Originally Posted by SteveC99

I have had a couple of the Legend Ultra HD's, and while the center-field resolution is very good, the field curvature across the whole of the image makes them look (to me) like you are looking at a fuzzy target with two distinct curvature rings.

I had 2 different samples as well. I had the exact same issue, and while I loved the ergo's and center sharpness, for me the edge of the field was fuzzy.

One had a small ammnt of slop in the focus wheel as well.

The outer one is generally not a problem, but the inner one makes it look like looking through a fuzzy inner tube.

I'll be honest, I didnt notice/distinguish 2 different rings. Steve's got a hair more experience w/ glass that I do though.

For me it was a deal breaker.

+1 I kept the sightron 8x32 and the Theron 8x32, which are basically sisters.

edit- FWIW I had the 8x36 model, not the 8x42
Well I gave in today and ordered the zenray. I kept gravitating back to them for some reason and the open box price from camera land made it a easy choice.
Hope you like the ED#'s- sure you will. I was surprsied no one mentioned rainguard.
The Zen ED 2 & 3 have both oil and water repellent coatings. They seem to work just fine
To the OP,

FWIW, Zen-Ray stands behind their warranty. My dealings with Bushnell in the past were an absolute joke.
© 24hourcampfire