Home
Posted By: pacecars Swarovski CL Companion 10x30 - 12/12/13
I was at my LGS today and looked through a pair of the Swarovski CL Companion 10x30 and all I can say is WOW! I never liked the small binos before but these blow the others out of the water. I now have a very short Christmas list. Anyone have any field experience with these?
I have them. Great compact glass. And, I'd sell.......

[Linked Image]
I got a pair for my son and he liked them quite a bit. They are good binos at a decent price point. They aren't SLC's however...
or EL's......
Posted By: Huntz Re: Swarovski CL Companion 10x30 - 12/15/13
When I looked at them I liked the glass,but they seemed like they were not very sturdy.I think the SLC`s would be a better choice.
not if weight saving and compact size factors in.....
I was disappointed in the low-light performance of the 8x30 SLC that I bought for my wife, so I wouldn't choose a binocular with a 3mm exit pupil for hunting, no matter how good the glass. Just my 2 cents worth...
For less money, I'd look at the Cabelas (Meopta) Hd 32mm binos
Posted By: Huntz Re: Swarovski CL Companion 10x30 - 12/16/13
Originally Posted by huntsman22
not if weight saving and compact size factors in.....

Yeah I guess your right.If a broken Bino from a drop does not bother you.
If they're around yer neck, you'll be hurting as bad as they do....
Posted By: Huntz Re: Swarovski CL Companion 10x30 - 12/16/13
Originally Posted by huntsman22
If they're around yer neck, you'll be hurting as bad as they do....

What I am saying is they are flimsy.In my estimation,they will not take any abuse.If you hunt in rocky steep terrain you are going to slip.The SLCs took all kinds of abuse and keep on trucking.I bought some Zeiss Conquest HDs.They are also very sturdy.The Companions are good for bird watching.They have a composite frame.They have good glass. If I am spending good money on a Hunt I want something durable.In glass you get what you pay for.Simple as that.
While small binoculars are ok for carry the 10 magnification on those is a bit much for scanning. Nor is 10X ideal to see 'what is it'?

For $1,019.00 you could look for a 32mm pair with dual or switch power.

[Linked Image]
I found this link to switch power binoculars. I have these Leupold 7/12X32mm's and they are outstanding.

I have Hensoldt, etc. and these are my favorite.

Leupold Switch Powers

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Savage_99

I have Hensoldt, etc. and these are my favorite.

You own Hensoldt bino's ?
I got the 8X56 NACHT DIALYT's in the 60's.

[Linked Image]
I think the companions are great small binoculars. I would love to have some, however they would never be my primary binocular, instead something I took on vacation or used at a ball game. I also think your better going with 8x or maybe even a little less on small binoculars. smaller binoculars are harder to keep steady and usually the glass and smaller obj lense mean they are a compromise, in this case less power, will be better. I would go 8x
© 24hourcampfire