Home
The older USA made Fullfield scopes look like a bargain of a used scope. I understand that they were well regarded but know little about them. I'm mostly interested in a fixed 4x or 6x. How good were they?

Were they rugged and held zero well?

Did they have good eye relief and good eyebox?

How well did they track?

What was the glass and coating quality like?

Were they of sensible weight and sensible proportion for mounting?

I know it is a lot of questions but the production of the current Fullfield II makes it hard to Google info on thr original Fullfield.

Back in the day, I was not too interested in tracking, as long as the scopes adjusted easily.

The only one I ever had was a 5X wearing the Browning logo.

From memory, it adjusted well, was too heavy (compared to Leupolds) and the turrets were too far forward on the scope body. This last feature would be a real asset on a No. 1. They were well made, brass being used rather than plastic innards.

Seems to me that nice examples sell high on eBay.

Just my two cents, Jack
They had shorter eye relief, and like was said above, the windage and elevation controls are pretty far forward on the tube. It may or may not cause mounting issues.

I owned one and it was a good scope though.
They are very good durable scopes that hold up well. However, that said there are tons of scopes out there today that are 10x better. Would I sell one I already had or that came on a rifle I bought? Probably not, but at the same time I wouldn't buy one today unless I got a killer deal on one.
The fixed power Supreme fixed 4 & 6 power scopes are really good scopes. In their day they were nearly as good as a fixed power Zeiss. I have never seen/used a fixed power fullview Burris scope.
These old Burris's you mention are worth the used price. They were stellar offerings. I still have my 3-9 Mini. Eye relief is short but of no concern to me on my 308.
© 24hourcampfire