Home
Anybody got pics of ring/base combos on their Kimber 84M?

What works best and looks the nicest these days?

Will Talley lightweights in "low" fit most scopes?
DD, I have my 84M's setup the exact same way. Both have low Talleys and 2.5-8x36 Leupolds, work great.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I have Talley LW lows on both of my 84M's.
Any reason to go with super lows?
I have the Talley LWs on my Kimber Montana, and I like them. Here's another option on my 84M Classic Select... S&K mounts. As far as looks/sleekness is concerned, I don't think you can beat them. Even though they are steel, they're almost as light as the Talley LW's too...

[Linked Image]
That's very nice looking.

Anybody have a Kimber with Dual Dovetails?
Not dual dovetails but single dovetails. I've been thinking about putting Talley Ex Lows on this but haven't got around tuit.
[Linked Image]
Talley Light Weights are the natural choice but I have heard of some problems with them so I went with Burris Signature Zee rings and Warne Maxima bases. I used medium rings because this Kahles has a very large ocular.
[Linked Image]

I have used Optilocks on a couple rifles and like the idea of the inserts which eliminate the need for lapping and protect the scope finish. That was a big reason I chose the Burris rings.
I have super lows mounting a Leupold 2.5-8x36 on my 8400 Montana. I had to use Alumina scope caps as the Butler Creek will not fit. Scope is almost too low, but it works for me. Except for expense the Alumina caps are very nice.
© 24hourcampfire