Home
Gonna buy either a Monarch 3 4-16x50 or a Meopta Meopro 4-12x50. Scope will be put on top of my Kimber 7-08.

Any thoughts or opinions offered will be appreciated.
Meopta, A 50mm on a Kimber is kinda overkill
I agree that a 50mm obj is kinda silly on that rifle. The meopros are an outstanding value considering their optical performance. Get a meopta and never look back.
meopta. if u decide against the 50mm cameraland has the 44mm for 399
Put what you want on what you want. I ask for opinion for scopes to determine other's experience, not their opinion whether I should mount it on a particular rifle.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Put what you want on what you want. I ask for opinion for scopes to determine other's experience, not their opinion whether I should mount it on a particular rifle.

OP ask for thoughts and opinions
I'm more concerned about the weight on a light weight rifle than the objective size.

You do not say which model Kimber. Could be a Longmaster, Classic, or Montana.

Personally,I would buy Meopta over the Nikon.
! appreciate everyone who posts on my thread. I have reasons for the 50mm, I switch rifles like underwear, just wanted people two cents on the two scopes themselves.
For my ultralight, which weighs 6lb 13oz, I decided on the most magnification I could get for 18 ounces. I asked on the net. The Swarovski z5 5-25X52 came in at 18.1 ounces. To me it is beautiful and now I think I can depend on it.

My gunsmith says it balances very nicely. If he said, "This thing is top heavy and looks funny." I would still love the package and use it with pride of ownership since I put it together for whom, oh yea for me.

So get opinions and then do what you like.
I own a 4-16 Monarch and a 4-12x40 Meostar. The Meopta glass is noticeably superior. Won't get numbered, resettable turrets with the Meopta, if that's important to you. I replaced the elevation turret on my Meopta with one from Kenton.
Pass.....
© 24hourcampfire