Home
Leupold does not like to answer their emails and the custom shop phone wait time was like a hour so here goes. Can it be done and if so how much does it cost?
Thanks
Yes. Pretty sure it's $90.
Thank you, You would not know the general turn around time would you?
About three or four weeks turn around and it's a hair below $90 including return postage. $89 or so, IIRC.

It's another $59+ for a custom CDS turret.

DF
Thanks for the info.
If you buy a CDS equipped new Leupold scope, you get a coupon that covers cost of the custom CDS. If you get the elevation turret retrofitted, they charge for the custom CDS turret.

It's still cheaper than sending a Conquest back to Zeiss for elevation turret retrofit and then getting a Kenton Industries custom turret.

DF
I had a few reticles changed out. They were very nice, and the turnaround time was fairly fast.

M-1 Turrets are nice too.

Originally Posted by Gobble
Thank you, You would not know the general turn around time would you?

Put it in a box with a note stating what you want done and contact info (phone). They'll call you for payment. That's how I've always done it.

Put it in a box with a note stating what you want done and contact info (phone). They'll call you for payment. That's how I've always done it. [/quote]

That's it, very easy. I have another one there now getting M-1 turrets.
According to a Leupold rep I spoke with on the phone once they can't put a CDS on every Vari-XIII or VXIII scope. He asked me for serial numbers and told me which he could and which he couldn't do. I don't remember the distinction he made, but I don't think I would just box one up and send it to them with the assumption it could be done without speaking with them first.

M7

I had the CDS removed, and added the M-1 turrets.

Much better now.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Much better now.

I have several CDS turrets, never tried the M-1, although I read a lot of good stuff about it here on the Fire.

How about a primer on the M-1 for CDS users without M-1 experience.

DF
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Much better now.

You remember what that cost? I like my M1 much better than the CDS.
I have a couple of the CDS scopes and they work very well in a hunting application. For long range target type shooting there are better options. I do really like them though for what I use them for. Seem to work reasonably well

Re-CDS:
Keep in mind the CSD system is good for A specific load, elevation and temperature. So when shooting outside of the specific setup, you will change your POI.
After you purchase a few CDS caps for $55.00 each, for different loads and hunting situations. I found it better to use the M-1 system for long range work.
I shoot steel at 1500 feet, hunt elk in Colorado 6-10,000 feet.
Hunt deer in elk in Montana from 3,000 to about 5,000 feet.
I have M-1 turrets on my 338-RUM, sometimes on my 300 Win. And last but not least my 30-06. My 06 has no turrets or special CDS caps. I have put more meat in the freezer with that gun than the others.
I like to hunt, see how close I can get to my game before I pull the trigger.

Happy hunting.
Just use the MOA CDS in the same fashion as the M1....
Has anyone ever found their CDS dial to be moved off of chosen range inadvertantly?

I have had that happen at inopportune moments with several exposed turret scopes, including a thousand dollar Viper PST. It does tend to shake one's faith in the system.
That could be why not all of my rifles have turrets. Saying that I've never had that problem with a turret.
© 24hourcampfire