Home
Posted By: Ngwenyama S&B Summit Reticule - 01/08/15
ok buying a new scope for new year and thinking the 1" summit by S&B. Read on line that the wires are thin no matter which reticule.
If you have one, could you please post a picture looking through the scope. I want to see all three reticules to make up my mind. 7,8,9.

TY
Posted By: RifleDude Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/09/15
I don't own a Summit, but recently inquired about a closeout Summit with #9 at significantly lower price, which was no longer in stock. FWIW, I was told the #7 and #9 were being discontinued, so you may only have the #8 to choose from.
Posted By: tomk Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/09/15
the issue with the Summit's reticle isn't how thin the crosshair is but how far apart the heavy posts are from the center i.e. it's a wide duplex.

According to S&B, the crosshair in all three reticles subtends .25" at 100yds at 10x (the crosshair in a Leu 3.5-10x goes .20, I believe) The heavy post subtends 1"@100yds at 10x. The center section between the heavy posts goes 36"@100yds at 10x.

If you don't get any pics by tomorrow, I will take one for you --the one I have is a 7.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/09/15
With regards to the thin wires, the Summit's was way thinner than the VX3's.
Posted By: tomk Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/09/15
so we are talking same talk...two components of the reticle--the crosshair & the heavy post is what I was referring to and that was a VX3 3.5-10 duplex

Unless I have my wires crossed the Leu VX3 3.5-10 at 100yds at 10x goes .20 for the crosshair and .70 for the heavier post...

right?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/09/15
Just checked the subtensions on the VX3 3.5-10x40. It shows (thin wires) to be .7 @ 100yds on 3.5x, and .2 @ 100 yds on 10x.
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/09/15
The Leupolds posts come.way closer together though
Posted By: FOsteology Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/10/15
Don't have a Summit myself, nor was I able to find pictures of the reticles through the scopes. However, I believe the following Swarovski Z6 reticles if not the same are very close.

Gentlemen, please correct me if I'm wrong. After all, pictures speak a thousand words...

Swarovski Circle Dot (= S&B Summit #9 ? )
[Linked Image]

Swarovski 4a (= S&B Summit #7 ? )
[Linked Image]

Posted By: tomk Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/10/15
#7 not quite centered N/S, but you get the idea--add a heavy post to the top crosshair and you have a #8

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: tomk Re: S&B Summit Reticule - 01/10/15
I have never seen a #9 in the S&B Summit...

According to the 2011 email I received back from the S&B tech department, the center spacing between the ends of the heavy horizontal posts for all three reticle versions measure 36" at 10x at 100yds.

If that is the case, would prefer the above Swaro version of the #9...
© 24hourcampfire