Home
Posted By: drano 25 Leupold Wind Plex - 01/16/15
Anyone used this reticle from Leupold? Thoughts?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/16/15
Given that it was just put out on their website within the week, I doubt many have had the chance to try it yet.
Posted By: drano 25 Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/16/15
Didn't realize it was new. I was just scrolling through reticles of the their site and found it.
Posted By: chris84 Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/17/15
Called Leupold to find out some info about it today.

Lines are 1 MOA apart & scopes with this reticle probably won't hit the shelves until after the SHOT show.

Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/17/15
Coupled with an M1 elevation turret, that wouldn't be hard to like.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/17/15
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Coupled with an M1 elevation turret, that wouldn't be hard to like.

I'm with you on that. I've been waiting for them to do one like this. I sure hope it's thinner than it looks in the pic though...
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/17/15
Looks like a sales tactic. Nothing there that I would buy.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/17/15
You mean they would make products to, like, sell? Like, really?
Posted By: 16bore Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/23/15
Dude man, its a whole capitalist scam to get people's money. Tune in bro.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/23/15
Dude man, its a whole capitalist scam to get people's money. Tune in bro.
Posted By: drano 25 Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/23/15
Was thinking of trying it with an elevation turret myself. I'll check to see if/when it is available through CS for reticle swap.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/24/15
Originally Posted by drano 25
Was thinking of trying it with an elevation turret myself. I'll check to see if/when it is available through CS for reticle swap.

M-1 are nice a turret.
Posted By: SKane Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/24/15
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Ed, you're obviously not the target.
They'll sell a buttload of these.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/24/15
I think this is a great reticle, but its for long range hunting and shooting. if you think its a sales tactic, well I submit your not into the type of shooting where a reticle like this is useful. thats ok. I love the reticle the only problem is I just don't trust leupold to be reliable anymore mechanically.
Posted By: chris84 Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/24/15

When I talked to them he said pricing would be set about mid February for swaps.
Posted By: drano 25 Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/24/15
Thanks, Chris. I didn't get around to calliing them today.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Ed, you're obviously not the target.
They'll sell a buttload of these.

I suspect you are correct. cool
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/26/15
Close to the Gen2 reticle.........
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/27/15
probably won't hit the shelves until after the SHOT show.

Ya think? LGS is already getting calls "Do you have <insert item name here> in stock? It was announced at the SHOT Show; did you order any and have they come in yet?."
I want one!
Posted By: sidepass Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/28/15
Have a 3.5x10x40 VX3 CDS on my Sako FN 300 H&H mag that will go back for one. Had talked to Leupold a couple times about a windage reticle like the Swaro W4. And here it is.
Posted By: Les7603006 Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/28/15
I'll be trying one. With a M1 smile
Posted By: 4ager Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/28/15
I'll be checking CS to see when they can do them as a swap and what that price tag will be.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/28/15
Originally Posted by sidepass
Have a 3.5x10x40 VX3 CDS on my Sako FN 300 H&H mag that will go back for one. Had talked to Leupold a couple times about a windage reticle like the Swaro W4. And here it is.

Been a MOA windage reticle in a lot of Leupolds. Swaro had to copy somebody for the W4. cool

[Linked Image]

The TMOA reticle is a better bet as the Wind Plex is pretty heavy, at least in my opinion.

There is a Wind Plex Firedot for those that want illumination.

Lots of good stuff at Leupold Shot Show booth.
Posted By: GaryVA Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/29/15
Anyone used this reticle from Leupold? Thoughts?

[Linked Image]

If using a MOA system, I like the idea of this MOA windage correction reticle, if it is combined with a MOA scale elevation knob, even if it is a CDS elevation knob with yardage markings, as long as the clicks are on the MOA scale. Even better for me would be the 1 MOA windage correction lines on the reticle combined with 1/2 MOA clicks on an elevation knob, fewer clicks to track, quick and simple.

Best smile
Posted By: sidepass Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/29/15
Copy that.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/29/15
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by sidepass

Been a MOA windage reticle in a lot of Leupolds. Swaro had to copy somebody for the W4. cool

[Linked Image]

The TMOA reticle is a better bet as the Wind Plex is pretty heavy, at least in my opinion.

There is a Wind Plex Firedot for those that want illumination.

Lots of good stuff at Leupold Shot Show booth.

OMG its not FFP and its not a mil reticle with mil turrets, john good lord how did you ever hit anything with that. yesterday I was in a gun shop and the counter guy was extolling the virtues of a vortex FFP scope, 6-24. even at 6x on the low end I grab the scope and without illumination the reticle almost washes out in the freaking store, much less in a hunting or poor light situation. I am shocked at the direction the optics industry is headed in, with all this FFP stuff from the tactical community. it doesn't matter if your reticle measure the same if you can't see the reticle!
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Leupold Wind Plex - 01/29/15
Jeez man, give the FFP thing a break. You're gonna give yourself a stroke.
© 24hourcampfire