Home
How do these scopes compare to others such as Leupold Ziess Meopta etc?I like that magnification range. I have also noticed the swfa ss 3-15x42. I would really like to have the nightforce nxs 3-15x50 but it costs twice as much.
IMHO, Steiner rifle scopes are HEAVY.
I have the earlier model in 3-12x50 on a .300WM. I love the scope but won't argue the weight. They are heavier but very clear, love the illumination stops between settings, and would buy another one if I had the cash available.
This one? http://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/hunting/gs3-3-15x50

Originally Posted by Smokewagon
I would really like to have the nightforce nxs 3-15x50 but it costs twice as much.

How do you find those two similar? The Steiner doesn't even have turrets, illumination or parallax adjustment.

I can't actually see one positive reason to own that Steiner. Talk about a failure. Crap reticle, no parallax adjustment, no illumination, no turrets, heavy...and all for $900.
I am just comparing them on magnification range. I know I can buy a vx-3 4.5-14x50. Which doesn't have any of the things you mentioned for about 550-600 . Is the Steiner worth the money over the leupold. I had a minox za5 3-15x50 with side focus and illuminated reticle but it was a piece of junk. I am wanting a quality piece of glass that is 3-15x50 that doesn't cost 2k. What would you suggest sir?
i think you are probably wanting a discontinued 4.5-14x zeiss..for the record the glass in the steiner is special, but the scope IS heavy ! this doesnt matter to all , but , obviously to the ounce scrimpers ! (me included !)
This one was the one I bought and think pretty highly of it so far. It really is a top shelf scope.

The only NF NXS I have faith in is the F1.
Smokewagon, in that size, power range, and price, I would take a hard look at the new Burris XTR II's. I am especially eager to see the new SCR reticle, but I am still an old school MOA man, haven't switched to mils yet. Only downsize is the 34mm tube...

© 24hourcampfire