Home
What would you guys recommend for a 300 Weatherby Vanguard? I plan to use 2-piece mounting and put a mainstream 3x9-40 or 2-7x32 Nikon or similar on it. I am thinking either DD with Burris Signature rings or Talleys single piece. In the latter case would I have to lap the rings? I'd rather avoid that if I could. Also, the height: medium? Low?
-P
Both are a good choice but I would get the Talley Lightweights.
The base and bottom ring are one piece - one less thing to loosen up. I have them on my Kimbers and Tikkas. Never had to lap a thing. Order them direct from Talley. Low mounts should still work with the 42mm scope but ASK them to be sure. Let us know what you decided. Good luck.
I've used Talley LW's since they came out out and before that Aluminum 1pc rings built by Lex Webernick. I lapped in my first set on Saturday and in so doing realized what a good idea it really is. It took 30 minutes which included entertaining a 21 month old, preventing his walking off with parts etc etc. It was easily done, and not a bad idea I'd say.

Good rings BTW.

Chuck
I think I am inclined towards dual dovetails, simply becasue should the holes be off, it will be much easier to rough-adjust the scope using their inserts. And it will save me the lapping job. I am going to check out at the store whether I want reversible rear base or just a regular, I am not sure how long the reversible rear base is. I plan for Leopold bases.
-P
© 24hourcampfire