Home
It has been a long time since I bought a base for a Remington model 7. In that time, Remington added another hole on the rear bridge. I have a Remington 7 that has only 1 hole on the rear bridge so 3 total. I was wanting a Leupold style one piece base but I'm not sure they make that anymore. I don't want a Weaver or rail style base. Are there one piece bases for the model 7 using either Leupold standard, dual dovetail, or QD rings?

Thanks for any help
I just bought a one piece dual dovetail, same as xp 100 base.
I think that I might have a one piece Redfield type base for a model seven. Not sure but will look in the morning as it will be out in the shop, if I have one. miles
Any one piece base that works on a 700sa will works on a seven
Leupold Dual Dovetail XP100 base on an M7

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ShortMagFan

this is not the case in my experience.
I was about to post what toad just did.
The XP100 1pc. shown is Leupold part# 53570. (avalible in matte only)
If you need or want silver, you can get the standard type (windage rear) Leupold part# 50161. It's listed as a 700 short action base, but as ShortMagFan said, is interchangable with the Seven.

John
Originally Posted by toad
Leupold Dual Dovetail XP100 base on an M7

[Linked Image]

this is not the case in my experience.

toad, can't say if ALL will work, but some definitely do.
Around ser.# 773,000 on blued models and 762,000 on stainless is when Rem. went to the 2 hole rear bridge. Don't know how much that affects interchangability of the 1 pcs.

John

This is correct.

The rear hole on the Model Seven (the only hole on the 3-holers) aligns at the same distance as the front hole of the 700. If you look at the Leupie stock numbers, the XP100 and Seven bases are actually the same numbers as the 700SA. This all applies only to one-piece bases, of course.
© 24hourcampfire