Home
The benches at the range where I shoot are too small for the rest and a tripod mounted spotting scope. I am trying to find something that allows me to clamp the spotting scope to the edge of the bench. Looking for ideas, some of the manufactured ones like Sinclair are more money than I want to spend. Can anyone help? My budget is $50.00 +/-. I am not opposed to buying a used one if anyone has something they'd want to sell.
Get the Sinclare Bench Mount Scope Stand. They're on sale right now for $129.99. I realize this is a lot more than you want to spend, but this stand is a very high quality item and will last forever. I have never seen anything in the $50.00 price range that even comes close. You will not be disappointed.
Irwin Quick Grip clamps, and use JBweld to attach optics attachment plate to clamp arm.
Should be about $20, or you can get a fancy fluid tripod head and weld that.
lissen to sponxx. but ignore the JBweld bullsheit.......weld a quarter inch bolt on at the height ya want.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
At the range last monday guy next to me used a 12 inch bar clamp and a Nikon window mount. Clean and neat.
I am presently thinking of using a window mount and bar clamp, the window mount has been purchased will pick up the bar clamp this weekend. Just polling the 'Fire membership for their ideas. Thanks to all who responded with pics and ideas, this place is a great resource.
Huntsman22, what fluidhead are you using?
No welding equipment to solder things together frown
Originally Posted by timbo762
Get the Sinclare Bench Mount Scope Stand. They're on sale right now for $129.99. I realize this is a lot more than you want to spend, but this stand is a very high quality item and will last forever. I have never seen anything in the $50.00 price range that even comes close. You will not be disappointed.

This.

It's a once in a lifetime buy, and is a lot cheaper than repairing/replacing a spotter that you knocked off the bench.
Whats not to like about a clamp with a bolt welded to it?
I guess an old C clamp would work well also after some welding.
© 24hourcampfire