Home
Posted By: DesertMuleDeer SWFA SS Zero stops - 10/31/15
I just got an SWFA SS 6x in. Seems like a nice scope, but have yet to mount it and take it the range. I am reading about people using garden house gaskets and shims made by some guys on sniper's hide for zero stops. Anybody using either of these? How do you like them? Any other zero stop options I am missing?
Posted By: Kaleb Re: SWFA SS Zero stops - 11/01/15
We use the hose gaskets.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: SWFA SS Zero stops - 11/01/15
Kaleb, I saw sticks picture of this would you post what and how?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA SS Zero stops - 11/01/15
The Garden Hose Soft Stop...is fhuqking MONEY.

Simply gun a zero as per whim,then loosen all (3) ele set screws and totally remove ele turret. On a Fixed Fhuqker it takes (2) shims to Tango,on the Illuminati,only (1).

Just tossed one in an Illuminati,minutes ago.

Turret removed and ready for Stoptitude.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Stop installed and ready to go back on erector spindle.

[Linked Image]

I don't like to make them used as a "hard" stop,because yamming on an erector's innards,ain't the key to longevity. That being said,I do load up the stop,by pressing down a smidgethen tightening all (3) fasteners. However tight you are snugging your setscrews up,rest assured that I'm at least doubling it.(grin)

These are set to allow 2-ish Mils of under zero correction,which allows threading needles and pads erector spindle violence. Both allow 31+ Mils of ele travel from their 150yd zero's(22 K-Hornets) and that is of course (6) total erector revolutions and small change. One can close their eyes,dial down and once you feel the change in erector input,you'll know you are within a Mil of zero.

[Linked Image]

Pretty tough to fhuqk that up...though I've no doubt a Texan will wax eloquent via grandiose Vagina Monologue,on how she were able to do so.

Laughing!

The Illuminati makes the Reupold Mark AR's shudder in terror,for ALL the right reasons.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Fixed Fhuqkers follow suit,but simply require an extry gasket in the turret,to make 'er go. Have 'em installed in 30 or so scopes of my own scopes and well over 50 in total,counting pards'. That less a single issue,the greatest portion of which are obviously Fixed Fhuqkers and flogged upon daily.

Can see the Illuminati makin gains in everyone's larder,for Nichetitude.

[Linked Image]

Just got done refilling the thermos bottle,for Round 2 for today.

Film at 11:00................

Posted By: hunting1 Re: SWFA SS Zero stops - 11/01/15
Thanks Stick! Always enjoy your posts!
Posted By: SKane Re: SWFA SS Zero stops - 11/02/15
Originally Posted by Big Stick
However tight you are snugging your setscrews up,rest assured that I'm at least doubling it.(grin)

grin grin

Thanks for the pictorial.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: SWFA SS Zero stops - 12/04/15
Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire