Home
to mount a leupold 6x36 to a remington 700 243
Brian,

Most folks here, including myself will recommend the integral one piecers. Every now and again someone will mention they had one that broke, but not very often. Light, good to look at, and tough.

You should be able to go with a low, and maybe even an extra-low.
Screw locks...they're really awesome

I like Talley's steel mounts myself..

[Linked Image]
Another vote for the originals. These handle recoil from a 460 Wby, so I have total confidence in them. I don't care about saving an ounce or two of weight even if there is a very slight risk. I value my hunting time much more than that.

The single top screw rings as pictured make a very nice looking setup. Or if you want even more strength, go to the double top screw type. They are available in either permanent, screw lock or lever lock. Must say though, never have had a use for lever locks. Just as easy to keep the appropriate Torx wrench in your pocket or ammo kit. The levers love snagging things or tearing into skin.
Steels for steel receiver, aluminum for aluminum receiver.
Not really but I do like the steel for strength
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
Screw locks...they're really awesome

And gooder too.
I like the original two piece steel Talley's and that's all I own, but for the set-up the OP has in mind I might consider the light weights.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Most folks here, including myself will recommend the integral one piecers. Every now and again someone will mention they had one that broke, but not very often. Light, good to look at, and tough.

You should be able to go with a low, and maybe even an extra-low.

I'd see if you can check out someone else's similar rifle with Talleys before you order yours to get the right height for your cheek weld. Extra lows might be too low for you even though the scope still clears the barrel. (Or they might be just right).
© 24hourcampfire