Home
Posted By: deflave Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
After returning from my UBER vacation to Poland, I found some time to take a break and do a bit of testing with the 2.5-10X42 Response.

First I made this target with 2" dots, 4" apart from each other going up and down. Yes I know 1 MOA equals more than 1" at 100yds but I wasn't sure what the distance of the frame at our range was so I figured I could use it as is and diagnose after the fact.

So the way this test worked was this: I fire one shot starting at zero, and dial 4 MOA, and fire again. This was done until 20 MOA was dialed into the turret, and then the process was repeated until back to zero. Bottom dot was used as the aiming point.

Why did I use 2 MOA dots? The rifle being used is a 2 MOA gun. I know, I know. It's the internet and I'm not supposed to admit that. But the 24hour black rifle challenge proved it to be true.

Wind was, not good. And mostly a strong right to left.
[Linked Image]
When you look at the target you'll find a number of the shots are high. I assume this is due to the range of the target being 111yds, and as you dial more MOA that difference compounds itself. i.e. 111 X 1.047 / 100 = 1.16.

So at the extreme end of the target 20 X 1.16 = 23.2. Which would put the rounds 3.2" above target. Right?

[Linked Image]

So with all the nerd schit out of the way, I did more shooting.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
Using the ballistic AE App in my phone, I dialed to 450 and let fly.

Four shots. Beer can is for scale only and would never be consumed during testing.

[Linked Image]

Dialed back to 350 and threw 3 more. This plate is about 7-8". Stiff left to right wind.

[Linked Image]
The turrets are solid. No mush or slop at all. I would say they are tougher to engage than either the M1 or the Super Sniper's. Not even comparable to a CDS or the turrets on an AR mod 1. They lift straight up and you can spin them to zero, and set them back down. Very slick and would be pretty handy if testing a number of loads on the same day or even the same week. If you're a set and forget guy, not an issue I would assume. Numbers are easy to see. Even when blurry.

[Linked Image]

I had time to try the reticle. The reticle is easy to see without taking up too much target space. I want to like it but it may be a bit too busy for my eyes. I found myself counting down from the crosshair to make sure I was on the right hash. May just need getting used to.

First shot was to the 4 and my wind call was solid... grin.

[Linked Image]

I kinda started liking the reticle more, the more I used it. But we'll have to test it out the truck window in the coming weeks to be sure.

350 was next. Right out of the gate.

[Linked Image]
Thanks.. Keep us up to date on this one.. 5.56??
Posted By: mathman Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
Your rangefinder will tell you how far out is the target frame.

I'm sure you have a rifle that's a lot tighter than 2 moa hanging around.
Originally Posted by mathman

Good tip. It read 111yds.

The mount is from Tract as well. I wanted to try them out together and I don't think it'd provide proper cheek weld on my bolt guns.

But I may swap it to my son's .223 after more AR use.

Travis
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Thanks.. Keep us up to date on this one.. 5.56??

Yes. Optics Ready M&P 15 with Rock River two-stage. Otherwise stock aside from the MagPul forend and buttstock.

Travis
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
Originally Posted by mathman

Don't be snarky. A 2 MOA rifle at 111 yards is the epitome of a rigorous test. crazy
Put it on a real gun and take it to 1000...
Are we concluding the optic does not track?

Travis

Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
Originally Posted by deflave
Are we concluding the optic does not track?

Travis

It looks like from your first post, it tracks well.

It is not all about the scope but the rifle and the operator.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
Are we saying it looks like Flave can't shoot?
Posted By: kingston Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
It's no fool who mounts an optic to a 2 MOA rifle and ladder tests two shot groups in a stiff Montuckey wind at 111yards.

The important question is, did you use one of those fancy German levels, like Hunt's, to plumb up your target?
I'm going to try harder this next go around. Most AR's shoot sub-MOA "all day long."

I'll get there.

Dave
Posted By: Higginez Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
See....

Nobody likes an honest review....
Originally Posted by kingston
It's no fool who mounts an optic to a 2 MOA rifle and ladder tests two shot groups in a stiff Montuckey wind at 111yards.

The important question is, did you use one of those fancy German levels, like Hunt's, to plumb up your target?

I used my iPhone.

Dave
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

It is not all about the scope but the rifle and the operator.

I knew a guy that used to shoot a lot and he said weather could be a factor too.

Clark
Posted By: kingston Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
Lol!
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/06/16
Should have just Mount that thing on your 870.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Good stuff keep it coming I may have to buy one before this is all over.

Posted By: wageslave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
At least you didn't use crayon and keystone light cartons............

Yet.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
Last ladder test I ran was with a Vortex Viper out to 600 yards. At 600 tracking was off 1.25". That was with a 200 yard zero.

Clark, I know you live in Montana and non-windy days may be hard to come by. But I would highly suggest test driving in lowest possible wind and on a known tack driver of a rifle.

Have a few more Sierra Nevadas, formulate a sound game plan, execute like Seal Team 6, have a few more Sierra Nevadas, evaluate, report back.....
Oh and drinking a can of beer while testing is a no-no. I am somewhat disappointed in you.

Bottled beer tastes much better......
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
Flave, the Tract reticle...on their website it still looks better than the NF MOAR in a 2.5-10x42 but again trying to compare on website vs side by side...anyway the MOAR is painfully slow to use. However this is the internet so I am sure some real "tactical people" maybe will tell me I am full of schit and its the industry standard etc.
Glad to see its doing its job. Happy to see you like to turrets as well.

What was your zero when you were sending them at 450yds +?
Posted By: RWE Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
travis, is this the reticle you are using:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
Interested to see how the scope performs at 124.6 yards. Will stay tuned with great anticipation.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Last ladder test I ran was with a Vortex Viper out to 600 yards. At 600 tracking was off 1.25". That was with a 200 yard zero.

Clark, I know you live in Montana and non-windy days may be hard to come by. But I would highly suggest test driving in lowest possible wind and on a known tack driver of a rifle.

Have a few more Sierra Nevadas, formulate a sound game plan, execute like Seal Team 6, have a few more Sierra Nevadas, evaluate, report back.....

If it were calm or even a zero value wind I would have dialed windage in as well.

The scope and mount are intended for an AR. I'm sure there are AR's that can shoot MOA or better 12 shot groups but I don't own one.

I also could have shot one, let it cool, dialed, shot one, let it cool... But that's gay.

Dave
Oh and drinking a can of beer while testing is a no-no. I am somewhat disappointed in you.

They clank too much in the bed of the truck.

Fugks up my stalks.

Clark
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Flave, the Tract reticle...on their website it still looks better than the NF MOAR in a 2.5-10x42 but again trying to compare on website vs side by side...anyway the MOAR is painfully slow to use. However this is the internet so I am sure some real "tactical people" maybe will tell me I am full of schit and its the industry standard etc.

I am not familiar with that NF reticle.

Everybody is different with reticles I think. Using it on some dog stands will tell me all I need to know.

Dave
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
Glad to see its doing its job. Happy to see you like to turrets as well.

What was your zero when you were sending them at 450yds +?

With the 100yd zero I believe I came up 10 MOA.

Travis
Originally Posted by RWE
travis, is this the reticle you are using:

[Linked Image]

This one is slightly different but that is pretty close.

Travis
That reticle is too fuggin' busy IMO.

Of course I am way behind the times in my thinking that all is needed is a simple duplex to hit $hit far away, or so I have been told.

The only 2 non-duplex type reticles I have that get used for LR shooting are the NF NXS with NP-R1 and the new Superchicken MOA quad.......
Looks like subtensions may be a tad thick also?

Of course I am way behind the times in my thinking that all is needed is a simple duplex to hit $hit far away, or so I have been told.

The only 2 non-duplex type reticles I have that get used for LR shooting are the NF NXS with NP-R1 and the new Superchicken MOA quad.......

I decided I like the standard mil-dot more than anything but I'm also willing to try new things.

As long as those new things don't involve wageslave...

I didn't know SS was making an MOA quad.

Clark
Looks like subtensions may be a tad thick also?

Guess that depends on what you're going to use it for.

Travis
Posted By: Boxer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
That piece of fhuqking schit's ONLY salvation,is if it floats. Laffin'!

I "wonder" why THE Dumb Fhuqks at Tract don't cite reticle subtension values?!?(grin)

Anywhoo...the MOA/MOA Fixed Fhuqkers are thus far rather sound and are farrrrrrrrrrmore tactile than their prior MOA/MIL versions. That is a very welcome attribute,but I've only got a trio to extrapolate and prolly only 40 some Fixed Fhuqkers as a whole,to compare/contrast. Only gots MOA/MOA in 6x and 10x...but suffer MQ in 12x and 16x too. 10x still remains the place to stop. Hint.

[Linked Image]

40 MOA ele and 20MOA windage scribed onto the windshield,prolly don't suck. Hint.

[Linked Image]

If I owned any 2MOA rifles,I'd of stuck 'em aboard. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Have only whistled a couple/few thousand rounds through MOA/MOA's and thus far,they are without issue in their tracking,repeats or zero retention. Tough to suffer MOA/MIL in comparison,but that arrangemet has always sucked,though I've gunned bajillions of rounds through same and in multiple Makes/Models. 5 Mils of subtension sucks heavy ass,compared to the MQ's 10 Mils or the MOA/MOA's 40MOA threshold and doubling ele options,is never gonna be a concession. Hint.

I prefer the MQ to all other attempts,but for them who think they gotta suffer MOA/MOA on purpose,the newest Fixed Fhuqker reticles knock it outta Da' Park.

Need to order another,to replace the 10x MOA/MIL on my Feinwerkbau 300S and relegate it instead,to a future build of some sort. The MOA/MIL reticle is far and away much less forgiving in finite subtensions and holdability,compared to the MQ or MOA/MOA.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

I personally prefer a duplex in hunting...and that our T-Plex has a thin top post is even nicer. being this is 'designed' for AR usage, its good to have the options.

On just a hunting rig, I'll stick with the T-Plex for its simplicity.
Posted By: RWE Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
A nazi #4 with a hash mark at 1.5 and 4.5 with the heavy bottom post coming to a point at 7.5ish would be nice.

I'm probably in the minority on that...
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
The pictured reticle may be a bit busy for big game hunting but is very useful for a ground squirrel or prairie dog rifle where you may have shots from 100 to 600yds and you don't have time to crank knobs and count clicks. The little bastards don't sit still for long, nor do big game for that matter. If all you are doing is banging steel, you have a lot more time to play around compared to hitting an animal that may pop into it's hole or walk around the hill in the next few seconds. Having the drop and windage marks and knowing their values certainly isn't a bad thing overall.

I pinged their tech support a couple weeks ago and they sent me a picture through the scope of the reticle on a 100yd target and it didn't seem overly heavy.
Posted By: Dre Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/07/16
I don't mind bdc retricles. Think they work for some. They use to work for me. I still have some on some of my guns but prefer the custom turrets. It's just nice to dial and keep the scope center. i do like this bdc over nikons. My only concern would be the lowest/furthest dot. At
500 or 600 yards that could be 12"? Which would cover up most of your target.
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? I always thought the bdc points should get smaller as distance increases.
From what I saw the scope looks like it's tracking nicely.
How is the clarity and low light?
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/08/16
Originally Posted by Dre

Excellent.

To my eyes anyway.

Travis
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/08/16
Originally Posted by Dre
I don't mind bdc retricles. Think they work for some. They use to work for me. I still have some on some of my guns but prefer the custom turrets. It's just nice to dial and keep the scope center. i do like this bdc over nikons. My only concern would be the lowest/furthest dot. At

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? I always thought the bdc points should get smaller as distance increases.

I'll try to find the picture and post it, but as I recall the dots were less than 1 MOA.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/08/16
Am I wrong in my thinking that it looks like it went up 4", 3", 6", 3", and 6"? Shouldn't it be +/- 4" per adjustment?
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/09/16
Pretty good review so far Flave. Obviously people do not realize that a sub 2 moa rifle will kill a coyote, PD, or gopher at that range.
Glad to hear that the scope will track out to 450 and back in.
That milk jug didn't stand a chance....
I'm anxious to see how it'll do on that bolt 223....I'm predicting better and more accurate results as well as pictures if some dead schit.....maybe you can go to one of Shrapnel's top secret PD towns....
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/10/16
Yeah thanks for putting a Tract through their paces Travis. Glad they are being well received.
I'm curious to see how many critters it takes care of this season for you!

Thanks for the support as well. It's tough for a new company to break into a well developed market. Hoping with your support of the products we can keep bring out more and new optics at those great prices.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/10/16
Glad you are taking hold and being more correctly received here. Hope you do get some new models out. Sorry to say I was in need of something in an 8x32ish and had to look elsewhere. frown
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/10/16
Originally Posted by gzig5
Originally Posted by Dre

I'll try to find the picture and post it, but as I recall the dots were less than 1 MOA.

Here is the pic I received.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dre Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/10/16
Thanks for that pic. I guess the pic of the reticle that was posted deceived me. Feel little dumb now.
Thanks again.
Looks great!
Good job tract!
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/10/16
Originally Posted by Dre
Thanks for that pic. I guess the pic of the reticle that was posted deceived me. Feel little dumb now.
Thanks again.
Looks great!
Good job tract!

added a blow up. This is supposed to be the one in the Toric, maybe others, at 15x
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/10/16
Lots of anger over the 2 MOA stuff so I shrank things down to the 51yds line.

Fireball, I know you're an uber-duber-super-retard so this may be a good time to solicit your wife's help with math due to my using a target @ 51yds. and dialing 8 MOA after each shot, for a series of four shots per target.

That's 8MOA dialed per shot. To the top, and down, X4.

I know LOTS of AR shooters can do WAY better but this was the best I could muster.

[Linked Image]

Dave
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/11/16
Dave:

It looks like both you and the scope did the job well.

Don't worry about what others think.

Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/11/16
Lots of anger over the 2 MOA stuff so I shrank things down to the 51yds line.

Fireball, I know you're an uber-duber-super-retard so this may be a good time to solicit your wife's help with math due to my using a target @ 51yds. and dialing 8 MOA after each shot, for a series of four shots per target.

That's 8MOA dialed per shot. To the top, and down, X4.

I know LOTS of AR shooters can do WAY better but this was the best I could muster.

[Linked Image]

Dave

That SOB shoots really well with the turkey choke screwed in. πŸ˜€
Posted By: Boxer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/11/16
Disclaimer:!!!!

I do NOT wish to slight the "MAGNITUDE" of 1" and 2" box "Tests",nor Fancy Schmnancy Facilities....let alone High Zoot Fodder nor Improved Cylinder Choked "rifles". So I'll leave them constants to others,TRYING to do otherwise.

View the following at your own Gawwdammned Mutther Fhuqking RISK. Hint.

How To Test An Erector RINK

Ideally...one is near the bottom of TOTAL erector travel,after establishing the requisite POA/POI zero. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Mainly,because that is the ONLY way to arrange use of inherent erector travel and EVERYTHING below zero is 100% fhuqking USELESS. Hint.

[Linked Image]

With good QC,one can reliably arrange constants aboard like platforms. Nothing shown,coughs up less than 38 Mils of USEABLE erector travel,after their respective POA/POI zero's. 22LR's at 50yds,the 1717D HB 'Hummer at 125yds.

[Linked Image]

Side by each extrapolations,are never not intellestring and while 85MOA+ of available erector on the other side of the Blueshutz's 50yd zero ain't horrid,the 25MOA Bob Rail leaves more than a nnch on the table. 'Horn rings and their 40MOA to the rescue. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Pardon the inordinate swimming mirage and wind,that transpired during filming...as well as the unfortunate "Softy". Having sorted by weight and rim thickness through gazillions of rounds,I remain convinced,that a Softy is contrived by non concentric priming compound application(s). The audible never ain't not telling. Hint.

Pass known erector values,huge erector travel,stalwart zero retention,incredible return to zero capabilities,known subtension values on the windshield and nary a SFP concern in zoomtituding POA/POI intersections.

I'd upload playing impact tunes upon 420yd 2.5MOA steel ala 10/22,in less than favorable wind/mirage,but that schit ain't even fhuqking "fair"...given the 82MOA erector shift requisite with said fodder. Hint.

The "Genius" and The Counter Jockey must be VERY fhuqking "proud",of the SCHIT they are trying to float.

Laffin'!

Posted By: barm Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/11/16
Travis,

Your test looks fine to me as well.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/11/16
Flave you liking the scope more as you use it.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/11/16
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

Don't worry about what others think.

I'm trying not to.

Dave
Originally Posted by fredIII
Flave you liking the scope more as you use it.

I'm loving it.

Travis
Originally Posted by Boxer

The "Genius" and The Counter Jockey must be VERY fhuqking "proud",of the SCHIT they are trying to float.

Laffin'!

You should throw down the gauntlet.

Dave
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/12/16
yawn.

Good on ya Travis.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Glad you are taking hold and being more correctly received here. Hope you do get some new models out. Sorry to say I was in need of something in an 8x32ish and had to look elsewhere. frown

Completely understandable. Its inevitable for people in our lifestyle to want and need more in the future, and hopefully you give Tract another look then!
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/12/16
Originally Posted by RWE
A nazi #4 with a hash mark at 1.5 and 4.5 with the heavy bottom post coming to a point at 7.5ish would be nice.

Dude you just designed the perfect practical hunting reticle. In low light you could still see it as a #4 reticle,and it would be a good uncluttered close range reticle too.

It would work fine out to 500 yards with a 200 yard zero when you don't have time for turrets,and past that just dial in with turrets if you have time.
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/12/16
Originally Posted by kenjs1

He obviously has done it by blocking out the NOISE, and having skin that must be armor plated. Getting Travis to do the testing was a stroke of genius.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/12/16
[Linked Image]

Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/12/16
[Linked Image]
Travis, can you get some images of the mount up here?

iased aside, its one heck of a mount for $58...
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/13/16
Flave is the mount rattle can worthy??? A nice sand brown would be uber.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/14/16
Thought I'd already posted some of these but I guess not.

Here it is riding dirty...

[Linked Image]

Little more light on the subject.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/14/16
Flave is the mount rattle can worthy??? A nice sand brown would be uber.

Absolutely.

If you're looking for a one piece mount, this one is built like a brick schit house.

I'm going to do some return-to-zero tests next time I'm at the range. Birds have been keeping me in the CRP and off the firing line...

Travis
Posted By: RWE Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/14/16
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by RWE

Dude you just designed the perfect practical hunting reticle. In low light you could still see it as a #4 reticle,and it would be a good uncluttered close range reticle too.

It would work fine out to 500 yards with a 200 yard zero when you don't have time for turrets,and past that just dial in with turrets if you have time.

Yeah, I'm a dreamer all right.

I tried to get Leupold to build one for me, but nooooooooo
Posted By: efw Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/14/16
Travis thanks a lot for putting this together I really like what I'm seeing good work!
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/17/16
Thanks, ef.

I decided to do some swapping yesterday so I took the time to detach, and reattach the mount and optic to the S&W 15. I've never found a need to do this in the field (without being able to verify zero) but I often hear great claims of "repeatability" regarding these type of mounts so figured WTH.

[Linked Image]

100yds and a 10-12mph left to right. First four were shot and marked. Then the next four after reattaching the scope.

[Linked Image]

After that I put the TRACT on a different AR and things look pretty good.

[Linked Image]

1" dot.

[Linked Image]

For those interested in such things; the mount and optic fit over a Magpul flip up. Not by much, but they fit.

[Linked Image]

This scope/mount combo is past three hundred rounds now. Most all shots have been dialed and I've had zero issues.

Dave
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/17/16
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by RWE

Yeah, I'm a dreamer all right.

I tried to get Leupold to build one for me, but nooooooooo

Absolutely--for a hunting reticle this would be the best design that they could do. Obviously, most designers don't actually hunt anymore.
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/17/16
How much does this model of scope run Travis?
I'm getting the itch for a new scope on one or 2 of my 223 rifles....
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/17/16

This scope/mount combo is past three hundred rounds now. Most all shots have been dialed and I've had zero issues.

Dave

According to the expurts, that's not possible. Good to see that it might be.

I believe it is the Response model which lists between $350 and $395. https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes?category=7
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/18/16
Yes. This is the 2.5-10X42 and sells for $354 the mount is $58.00 according to TRACT.

Travis

Posted By: cisco1 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/18/16

Someone has Erector Disfunction....Hint!
Posted By: Boxer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/18/16

Laffin'!

You should throw down the gauntlet.

Dave

There's nothing to "throw" but facts and that's rather unsettlin' to Tract...for more than a few fhuqking reasons. Hint.

I getta kick that their "in" is via the highly "esteemed" Mall Ninja Window Licking route,to convolute a potpourri of unrivaled fhuqking STUPIDITY and "offer" it as POA/POI "salvation". FUNNY schit!

Their sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESNESS in regards to what do what and more importantly WHY,takes laughter to new heights...obliviously. Best part is,The "Genius" and The Counter Jockey are still "thinking" they are doing "great". EPIC hilarity!

Fascinating to me,that they "think" this POS brings something "new" to the table!!! A "lowly" 6x MQ absolutely throttles it in all avenues and it is funnier than fhuqk that The Do Nothing Gang is getting "excited" about the notion of a Teutonic Train Wreck reticle. Jeezus fhuqking gawd...doesn't ANYONE fhuqking Hunt/Shoot?!?

It'll come as a "surprise" only to them that shoot that "much",that a lineal MOA or MIL reticle scale,will in FACT happily arrange POA/POI with ANY/ALL chamberings,boolits and speeds. To haphazardly deviate that FACT,is both fhuqking stupid and funny. The esoteric "cache",monkey threw a handful of schit at the windshield approach,is without foundation,reason or attribute...if only for starters. Hint.

I'll not even mention The Illuminatti. Ooops!

If only because it's funny to fuel Imagination and Pretend. A slight 22LR Annie 54 stretch,ala Camp Run Fodder,in less than ideal conditions...if only for perspective,which never ain't not funny. Hint.

[Linked Image]

'Course you gotta pave the way and having nearly 40 Mils of erector and another 10 Mils of windshield,for 48+ Mils of useable,do throw windows of opportunity wide fhuqking open.

[Linked Image]

Every (1) MPH of wind at that range is a 12"+ correction,if only for more perspective. Though in fairness,being great with a rifle is a VERY "unfair" advantage.

550yd+ 22LR Wind chasin',ain't a bad way to hone skills RINK

Really it ain't RINK

Now as to the mount,only a "Genius" and a fhuqking Counter Jockey could get horned up about "designing" a sharp edged Goat Fhuqk. The LAST fhuqking thing on a rifle I want to move "quickly" or even SLOWLY,is the fhuqking mounting system. 'Course I say that,because I've got tons of 'em. Nope...more than that.(grin)

Pass the MQ in 'Horn Rings for the solid simplicity of static POA/POI arrangement,a stress free tube mounting systems,unsurpassed means of extolling inclination to reap an erector's total rewards and hold the Fluff.

It's never not intellesting perspective to poke 500rds+ through a platform in a day and dialing multiple 1000's of MOA through same,to bolster THE warm/fuzzy.

Try to remember me to gun some Krunchenticker Comeup Kronickles on my next pass,if I can set a Feesh Rod,Bino's and Keelin' Rifle(s) aside. Shoulda filmed the other day,squirtin' 105's through the 1-7" 5R SPR 20" 243Win Salami at the 1580yd line ala MPAJ Ruck.

Did the "Genius" and The Counter Jockey ever quantify reticle subtension,if only to obliviously add more laughs to the fray?

Didn't think so.(grin)

This schit is a fhuqking RIOT!
Originally Posted by cisco1

Someone has Erector Disfunction....Hint!

Not true and I can provide the pic if necessary.

Dave
The weather cooperated today so I was able to test the BDC's windage capabilities. Have to say, it worked pretty well.

Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/19/16
The weather cooperated today so I was able to test the BDC's windage capabilities. Have to say, it worked pretty well.

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ To the scope and the time and effort you have put in.
Thanks for posting the Deflave! Sounds like you had some good winds to fight that day.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 09/19/16
It's a good fit on this Colt. I see blood in the future... grin.

[Linked Image]
It's a good fit on this Colt. I see blood in the future... grin.

[Linked Image]

I think even the guys at Ray Bans would love this pic....
You've prolly not seen the pic he included in his wedding invitation...

[Linked Image]
Can you get those RayBan's in a men's model?
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 10/29/16
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Can you get those RayBan's in a men's model?

Even RayBan's can't help get a Virginian laid.

Tough luck.

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 10/29/16
Update:

Round count is lost. Consider it a bunch.

Fellow Campfire reviewers (mtcurman) seem to like the scope. He very much enjoyed dialing and hitting consistently. So did THE Nash. Especially when it's directing my ammo...

[Linked Image]

Has seen some weather.
[Linked Image]

A wee-bit bloody. Need to do more calling with it. Birds and deer have been a hinderance to fun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Horseman Re: Tract Optics -Response - 10/30/16
When you put it on an AR does it become a GI Tract? Possible new model name there...
Looking good Flave!
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 10/31/16
Looking good Flave!

Flave don't [bleep] around, nice report.

I'm actually thinking about trying one of these.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/toric-2-10x42-bdc

Thoughts?

Ever since my old faithful Leupold started acting goofy a week ago I'm willing to try something different...

But this has me wondering what happens below zero?

Operating Temperature Range
158Β°F to -1.4Β°F

Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 10/31/16
I'd love to tell you but we haven't gotten there this year.

As you know.

If schit gets to -5 or better, I'll hit the range.

Dave
Oh yeah I know but we are gonna find out in a month or two!
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Thoughts?

Ever since my old faithful Leupold started acting goofy a week ago I'm willing to try something different...

158Β°F to -1.4Β°F

Why would you spend more on an 18.6oz unproven scope with crappy reticle from a company that thinks a 2 inch box "test" is "testing", instead of one of the most proven scope lines in existence that knows what they are doing and where people that actually shoot design their optics.

This scope had over 70,000 rounds on it before it was mounted on this rifle.

[Linked Image]

Seventy THOUSAND rounds. It's never lost zero, has tracked correctly since day one, has what is probably the best reticle of any scope for hunting, and the manufacturer doesn't have to bs in advertising to sale them.

This one has more than 120,000 rounds.... we stopped counting. It still works perfectly as it has since day one.

[Linked Image]

I'd be in "don't screw around" mode and get a scope that will actually work.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Why would you spend more on an 18.6oz unproven scope with crappy reticle from a company that thinks a 2 inch box "test" is "testing", instead of one of the most proven scope lines in existence that knows what they are doing and where people that actually shoot design their optics.

Not to mention last year they were $450 during their Black Friday sale.

Do you have a link where one can order that scope?

And how many rounds fired at below zero(F) temps?

I don't shoot all that much anymore but have noticed that cold temps seem correlate with scope issues.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Tract Optics -Response - 10/31/16
Update:

Round count is lost. Consider it a bunch.

Fellow Campfire reviewers (mtcurman) seem to like the scope. He very much enjoyed dialing and hitting consistently. So did THE Nash. Especially when it's directing my ammo...

[Linked Image]

Has seen some weather.
[Linked Image]

A wee-bit bloody. Need to do more calling with it. Birds and deer have been a hinderance to fun.

[Linked Image]

Your ammo is the funnest to shoot....grin
SWFA 3-9x42. And wait til Black Friday.

Do you have a link where one can order that scope?

And how many rounds fired at below zero(F) temps?

I don't shoot all that much anymore but have noticed that cold temps seem correlate with scope issues.

Extreme temperatures cause all kinds of issues. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but scope failures are the biggest cause of failures on guns by far and I hate to see people get bit.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-HD-3-9x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P50716.aspx

That's it, but if you want to try one out, I have extras.
Looking good Flave!

Flave don't [bleep] around, nice report.

Thoughts?

158Β°F to -1.4Β°F

I think you would be very happy with it! As from the other Tract Toric reviews, there is simply nothing close to it in regards to quality in both optics and construction for the price.

Its no secret where these scopes are coming from and what goes into them. Either you choose off the shelf at a factory and do some tweaking, which there are some small optics companies who do this..... or design your own systems, and that's (the latter) what TRACT has done.

Currently, the only criticism TRACT has is from people whom have not used them because we are a 'new' company. Funny, there is never any mention as to the same quality tests are done at the same factories, or the years of development and testing the TRACT founders did before the launch. If you have never seen a force test done on an optic at a factory...its just plain cool to watch.

I think you'll find every reviewer that has used a TRACT Optic, including Flave, is quite happy if not blown away by the quality...and then hit with a second wave of 'mind blown' when they see how little that price tag is.

Feel free to send me a PM or post a message here if you have any questions!
Posted By: Boxer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/01/16
THE Counter Jockey,

PLEASE cite where just fhuqking ONE of your Goat Fhuqked "Long Range" scopes was run through REAL paces,by someone with a fhuqking clue,aboard a platform of repute. While you are using your Imagination and Pretend to conjure the Fabricated Lie(s) to "substantiate" that,do also give a break down upon the reticle's subtention at the greatest magnification. Looking forward to the oblivious humor elicited,by your version of how "real" them "Tests" are,along with the well "thought out" subtension "specs". Laffin'!

Be sure to copy/paste "all" the "blown away" scope "reviews",which incorporate a Tracking "Test",reticle subtension quantification "Test",along with any/all other salient Delusions you are able to muster. It will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

I simply force test scopes daily,by something neither you or "The Genius" do,which is called ACTUALLY Shooting in The REAL World. Were you to incorporate such things,you'd of never opened your quivering lips to emit such drool down your bib,as you feverishly try to feign a FIRST Fhuqking Clue about the things you "know" the LEAST about. Or let alone try to Polish Turds,by doing your best. Hint.

P.S. and by the way...there is no such thing as a "Good Deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit. Read that again,now one more time,then Google it. Laffin'!

What were the "odds" that if you took the rejects run outta town on a rail from other Optical Companies,that had NEVER in their entire history made or spec'd a scope worth a fhuqk,added the "input" of a Counter Queen and took "all" that "insight" to a Manufacturer as a blueprint to "blow minds"...that the hilarious mechanical shortcomings would be a fhuqking riot to ALL,save them who arranged said oblivious humor. The poignant profundity of how facts mesh same start to finish,do in fact copiously frost that fhuqking cake,with Drooling Dumbfhuqkery. Congratulations?!?

Only (1) new scope has arrived on this R&R thus far. Poked it aboard a svelte contoured S/S barreled '54,in a McMillan Sillywet handle,with a freshly bobbed barrel which was shortened from 22" to 17.5" for improved balance/handling. Stabbed a Bob 25MOA extended 1913 rail aboard same(because I've burned up my 75MOA supply of same),poked Low 'Horn's upon 'er and fed it a knowed Lot of Normee Match,which whistled through the Speed Trap at 1075fps.

Looks sumptin' like this.

[Linked Image]

Barrel 'bout like this.

[Linked Image]

Manson's Weed Whacker is Skookum +P++. Google it. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

A Hasty Trio,gunned on the way to a Hasty 50yd zero.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

With only 35.7 Mils remaining on the erector,after said zero,I can only reach the 550yd line with the erector,with this Lot of Geriatric Fodder. Adding the windshield,will grant the 640yd line,which is fair to middlin'. Though but only a coupla days old,it's already digested and rewarded with multiple 100's of erector input POA/POI solutions. Have gunned the windshield a smidge,but one KNOWS well in advance,how it's gonna behave in it's Stalwart Splendor. Well...YOU don't. Laffin'!

Despite multiple THOUSANDS of Mils of erector travel,it's zero retention/return and tracking,is welll beyond splendid. What were the "odds"?!?

[Linked Image]

GREAT time to again "quantify" your 1" and 2" Box "Tests" and hang some Links to "all" of the "Mind Blowing" "Tests",conducted by "others". Spare no "details" or "particulars",because schit don't get ANY fhuqking funnier,than you doing your best. Cite some rifle "particulars" too. Dare ya!

Hint.

Bless your heart.

(Addendum: for yet another CLUELESS Window Licker and her copious Imagination and Pretend)

Pooty Thang,

I enjoy how "real" your Imagination and Pretend are to you,as you copy/paste my every fhuqking word and pixel,then cite how you "didn't" read it all. Laffin'!

Might I suggest Imaginary Pretend Ignore to you,so as to bolster your "courage" and add even more Delusion(s) to your Drooling Dumbfhuqkery. It is a Paper Hat Brigade mainstay and wielded like a Samurai Sword...give or fhuqking take. Laffin'!

You'd do well to print out and apply everything I take the time to type,if only because them FACTS will assuredly connect all dots.

Hint.

You've been led to water and for even more HILARITY,cite how you ain't gonna drink it.

Laffin'!
Posted By: SoonerWing Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/01/16
THE Counter Jockey,

PLEASE cite where just fhuqking ONE of your Goat Fhuqked "Long Range" scopes was run through REAL paces,by someone with a fhuqking clue,aboard a platform of repute. While you are using your Imagination and Pretend to conjure the Fabricated Lie(s) to "substantiate" that,do also give a break down upon the reticle's subtention at the greatest magnification. Looking forward to the oblivious humor elicited,by your version of how "real" them "Tests" are,along with the well "thought out" subtension "specs". Laffin'!

Be sure to copy/paste "all" the "blown away" scope "reviews",which incorporate a Tracking "Test",reticle subtension quantification "Test",along with any/all other salient Delusions you are able to muster. It will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

I simply force test scopes daily,by something neither you or "The Genius" do,which is called ACTUALLY Shooting in The REAL World. Were you to incorporate such things,you'd of never opened your quivering lips to emit such drool down your bib,as you feverishly try to feign a FIRST Fhuqking Clue about the things you "know" the LEAST about. Or let alone try to Polish Turds,by doing your best. Hint.

P.S. and by the way...there is no such thing as a "Good Deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit. Read that again,now one more time,then Google it. Laffin'!

What were the "odds" that if you took the rejects run outta town on a rail from other Optical Companies,that had NEVER in their entire history made or spec'd a scope worth a fhuqk,added the "input" of a Counter Queen and took "all" that "insight" to a Manufacturer as a blueprint to "blow minds"...that the hilarious mechanical shortcomings would be a fhuqking riot to ALL,save them who arranged said oblivious humor. The poignant profundity of how facts mesh same start to finish,do in fact copiously frost that fhuqking cake,with Drooling Dumbfhuqkery. Congratulations?!?

Only (1) new scope has arrived on this R&R thus far. Poked it aboard a svelte contoured S/S barreled '54,in a McMillan Sillywet handle,with a freshly bobbed barrel which was shortened from 22" to 17.5" for improved balance/handling. Stabbed a Bob 25MOA extended 1913 rail aboard same(because I've burned up my 75MOA supply of same),poked Low 'Horn's upon 'er and fed it a knowed Lot of Normee Match,which whistled through the Speed Trap at 1075fps.

Looks sumptin' like this.

[Linked Image]

Barrel 'bout like this.

[Linked Image]

Manson's Weed Whacker is Skookum +P++. Google it. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

A Hasty Trio,gunned on the way to a Hasty 50yd zero.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

With only 35.7 Mils remaining on the erector,after said zero,I can only reach the 550yd line with the erector,with this Lot of Geriatric Fodder. Adding the windshield,will grant the 640yd line,which is fair to middlin'. Though but only a coupla days old,it's already digested and rewarded with multiple 100's of erector input POA/POI solutions. Have gunned the windshield a smidge,but one KNOWS well in advance,how it's gonna behave in it's Stalwart Splendor. Well...YOU don't. Laffin'!

Despite multiple THOUSANDS of Mils of erector travel,it's zero retention/return and tracking,is welll beyond splendid. What were the "odds"?!?

[Linked Image]

GREAT time to again "quantify" your 1" and 2" Box "Tests" and hang some Links to "all" of the "Mind Blowing" "Tests",conducted by "others". Spare no "details" or "particulars",because schit don't get ANY fhuqking funnier,than you doing your best. Cite some rifle "particulars" too. Dare ya!

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Could have been some valuable information hidden somewhere in this commentary but based on how you presented it, and yourself here, I for one will not sift through the crap to try and find it.
Posted By: Wesley2 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/01/16
I think boxer and big stick must be twins joined at the head and sharing one brain.

Against the advice of others I haven't put them on the ignore list "yet" but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/02/16
Form, thanks for the offer.

Back to the original question.

How much below zero shooting have you done with the scopes you previously mentioned?

Similar (repeated)question to Tract Optics.

Are your scopes suitable for use below zero?

The last 2 seer I've shot where both on chilly mornings.

Both right around -15F(ambient) so the cold weather issue has me slightly concerned.

Thanks for your input, I'll get back here in few days.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/02/16
I for one, will not stand in support for Sammo or anyone that boldly speaks of hunting spiritual people, in freezing tempetures........
Scopes or irons sights be damned.

Spring or early summer is one thing, but chasing scantly robed men of the cloth in prairie winds at below zero is wrong.
You ought to be ashamed.

What's next?
Extreme Long Range pursuit of pot smoking Oregonians at Burning Man?

Slave

Thoughts?

158Β°F to -1.4Β°F

[Linked Image]

Seventy THOUSAND rounds. It's never lost zero, has tracked correctly since day one, has what is probably the best reticle of any scope for hunting, and the manufacturer doesn't have to bs in advertising to sale them.

This one has more than 120,000 rounds.... we stopped counting. It still works perfectly as it has since day one.

[Linked Image]

I'd be in "don't screw around" mode and get a scope that will actually work.

fwiw,
I've been after one particular rear focus Bausch & Lomb 10x for close to 20 years. Still works and the owner has zero interest in trading or selling. Funny how folks get about stuff that works...

Regards, Matt.
Posted By: bellydeep Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/02/16
Originally Posted by Wesley2
I think boxer and big stick must be twins joined at the head and sharing one brain.

Against the advice of others I haven't put them on the ignore list "yet" but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

It's the same guy

How much below zero shooting have you done with the scopes you previously mentioned?

Both right around -15F(ambient) so the cold weather issue has me slightly concerned.

I've done a fair bit of sub-zero shooting and hunting with SS scopes, both 3-9x and fixed 6x and 10x, and have not seen any issues.

7-10 days at a time sub zero, but probably only 2-3k rounds. No issues.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/02/16
-7 on this hunt.... SS 3-9 worked fine. Had it out to 800 about an hour before I shot this guy, tracked and RTZ the same as it always had... perfectly.

[Linked Image]

No issues from the past two seasons shooting upstate New York, UP Michigan, to the Dakotas. Founders of TRACT are from New York and do quite a bit of their testing in upstate NY, added to units being sent out across the country for T&E.

Won't have an issue with any of the TRACT scopes at those temps.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/03/16

7-10 days at a time sub zero, but probably only 2-3k rounds. No issues.
earned your check from the SS people yet this month
Originally Posted by ldholton
earned your check from the SS people yet this month

My checks say "DOD".

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/05/16
Thanks for all the input.
I'm going to try harder this next go around. Most AR's shoot sub-MOA "all day long."

I'll get there.

Dave

Yours probably does better than that. We all know you are a 3 moa shooter all day long, until you get tired and then the chit goes out the window... laugh

They clank too much in the bed of the truck.

Fugks up my stalks.

Clark

You're just not driving fast enough. Eventually they will fly out...
I'd love to tell you but we haven't gotten there this year.

As you know.

If schit gets to -5 or better, I'll hit the range.

Dave

You got to get out of the truck though, and not just hang it out the window with the heater on high... laugh
Posted By: Boxer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/05/16
I'll yet again feign my GREAT "surprise",that THE Counter Jockey is unable to proffer a single fhuqking test of repute,with goods of repute...yet has her mind blown with fhuqking Goat Fhuqked Dog Schit instead. What were the "odds"?!? Laffin'!

Have never seen a Fixed Fhuqker in cold temps,unless -30 ambient is "cold"?!?(grin)

[Linked Image]

Tough to subtend a lounging Polar Bear,but it can be done. Hint.

I'm also VERY "surprised" that THE Counter Jockey is just a touch more than a whole buncha fhuqking ascared to denote Turdic subtention "values" and extrapolate the "particulars" on that "thought" process. Wink/wink nod/nod laffin'/laffin'!

Losing the MQ reticle in less than stellar lighting,is a real bitch too. Laffin'!

Especially when they come in pairs and one needs to shuck a lever hastily(162 A-Max fueled 7-08 BLR/6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker on 25MOA rail).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Winds were crowdin' 100mph these last few days and it's just now startin' to simmer,so it's time to go and sort through more Bucks lookin' for a HOG.

Caught a lull,where it was only doin' a constant 50mph and 300yds of Norma Match 40gr Solid fodder,was 175" in my fhuqking driveway. Conditions hurriedly went South from there. Hint.

Fair Day Yesterday

'Course I've seen me Sand Bag,more than a smidge.(grin)

If the STUPID Fhuqks at Turdic coulda ever fingered out shipping,I'd of been the first to do a REAL review and happily beat large nails into the hilarious coffin. That via a combo of mad skeelz and superlative wares,which have long been a flawless means of R&D extrapolation(s). Hint.

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,I "only" gave THE Counter Jockey and The "Genius" FOUR fhuqking days to try an do sumptin' other than $69+ in shipping charges,for a single fhuqking scope.

[Linked Image]

What were/are the fhuqking "odds" that the STUPID Fhuqks can't get ANYTHING even close to right?!?

Funny schit...and I mean fhuqking FUNNY!

Bless their hearts.

(Addendum: For THE Drooling Dumbfhuqk)

JeffZero,

You'd need SEVERAL co-signers,just to procure a portion of my scope caps. Hint.

The Tract DUMB Fhuqks are a half-assed slithering mass of Charlitans,who's sole interest is in conjurin' Snake Oil to sell to folks with your "means","knowledge" and "experience"...not that you've the jingle to procure,or could even get the fhuqking box opened by yourself.

Point was/is,that the Tract HILARITY is never ending and abounds from any/all angles,up to and includin' sumptin' as germane as Shippin'. No need to reiterate how it all sails over your pointy head,as such thangs go without sayin'. Just sayin'. Hint.

Now this will ONLY come as a "surprise" to you,but I've actually ordered sumptin' online before and have received same in the Mail...though nothin' bigger than boats,crummies and the like. Hint. Hell...knowin' me,there's prolly more than a few wares enroute now and it's simply a shame that your devoid the faculties to have an ability to even the SLIGHTEST of inklings,in regards to that magnitude. 'Course the weather ain't do anyone in these parts any favors,with logistics support. Though I've a "hunch" that I'll be able to weather the storm. Pun be intended. Laffin'!

If only because side by each extrapolations are funnier than fhuqk and perspective never not intellesting,here's 1000 words of same.

[Linked Image]

Mebbe even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,will be able to discern,that I can order (7) scopes from another Vendor and have that parcel hit the porch,for less jingle. Now ain't that just a touch more than "curious",while falling in squarely with a right proper Tract Fhuqing?!? Not that I don't enjoy the perpetual ruse of "all" the "favors" they are doing customers,by losing the Middle Man yada,yada. It is simply funnier than fhuqk,to box up a piece of fhuqking schit in sucha fashion,bill it as sumptin' that it simply can NOT be while looking at folks and lying to their faces and have a Pan Handlin' Broke Dick Do NOTHING Day Dreaming DUMB Fhuqk flap her lips,like she's got a fhuqking clue about anything. You almost know how to vote. ALMOST. Laffin'!

PLEASE find me "mistaken",as it will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

The only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination,though LUCKILY for you,it's priced within your "means"...you "lucky" kchunt. Laffin'!

As per always,someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is always gonna be best served by asking questions,instead of trying to give "answers". Hint.

There sure as fhuqk ain't NOTHING funnier,than you doing your best. Whatcha' gonna almost "do" today?!? Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/05/16
Sweating $69?! Where's Big Stick and what have you done with him? sick

I suggest we all pitch in for the shipping on one of these bad boys up to Boxer in AK.

I'll start it off. I'm in for the first $10. $59 more and we can get the resolution to this conflict that we all so dearly need and crave.

Who's in? Serious here.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/05/16
Originally Posted by wageslave

What's next?
Extreme Long Range pursuit of pot smoking Oregonians at Burning Man?

Slave

Nah. Snarky Idaho Shopkeepers. They make a much more satisfying "thump" when hit.

It's all the 'taters....
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/05/16
I for one, will not stand in support for Sammo or anyone that boldly speaks of hunting spiritual people, in freezing tempetures........
Scopes or irons sights be damned.

Spring or early summer is one thing, but chasing scantly robed men of the cloth in prairie winds at below zero is wrong.
You ought to be ashamed.

Bro, I missed this uber-gem.

TFF!

FWIW, I ordered a scope on Monday(?) evening and wife said it showed up on Thursday.

Gonna try and sneak off work and try it out tomorrow.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/05/16
You sound busy Sammo....same here. Too busy. I'm not Stick, but I've got an extra 6X SS here. You're welcome to run it for a while, just say the word.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/06/16
Bob, thanks for the offer!

Busy time of the year weaning and shipping cattle back home for the winter but I did get the Tract on paper this afternoon.

Limited use but it appears to be nice enough for the money.

It's going to be a 'set and forget' sub 500 yard mule deer scope.

And IMHO the reticle should work fine that type of use.

Dislikes.

Big eyepiece and tall caps, shortish mount length(on a long action) and the fact that it's a variable.

But of course I knew all that going in.
(I'd love a fixed 6-8x scope with the same reticle...)

If you weak cycle the action empties will hit and drop back in, but use decent speed and they fly out.

Likes.

The reticle.

The glass.

The clicks/adjustments.

Could care less about maximum adjustment capability as I'm not a long range shooter. Training wheels still work for me.

Wildcard is obviously going to be durability and company longevity but whatever.

We shall see.

84L MT.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Added just for you Stick.

Didn't dare point that laser beam of death straight at the cow.....

grin

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/06/16
That is a big ocular.

Sam, what's the details on the reticle? Does it work from a 200 yard zero or 100? Is the bottom stadia intended to be 500 yards or 600?

Is it a constant eye relief design?

----------

Can't believe none of you cheap bastids will pitch in on shipping on one of these for Stick. Ok, fine. I'll up my contribution to $20. $49 more and we get a Stick review of this scope.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/07/16
Jeff, according to the website program if I zero at 210-220 yards the training wheels will line up within a couple yards of 300, 400, 500 and within 10 yards of 600(at 10x).

I have only shot at 218 yards so will obviously need to verify.

Their website has a program that is very easy to use.

Pretty sure it is constant relief, matched up fine for me.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/07/16
Sammo, what brand of rings are those?
338, Warne Mountain Tech.

I had Talley lows on it with a 6x36 but they weren't going to be tall enough. And after reading about the cracking issues decided not to replace with Talley mediums.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/07/16
Thanks, I thought thats what they were. I like the looks of them. Let us know how they hold up

Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/07/16
Jeff, according to the website program if I zero at 210-220 yards the training wheels will line up within a couple yards of 300, 400, 500 and within 10 yards of 600(at 10x).

I have only shot at 218 yards so will obviously need to verify.

Their website has a program that is very easy to use.

Pretty sure it is constant relief, matched up fine for me.

That sounds perfect. I did almost the exact same yardage/hash setup recently with a VX3 B&C and 7-08.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/07/16
Thx Sam. Training wheels can work GREAT as long as (duh) the shooter does the work to verify that it's zeroed correctly and, of course, caps their LR aspirations. One of the most reliable "hitter of things" I've shot out to 600 or so was my .338 with the RZ600 reticle. I just couldn't abide that reticle in any kind of woodsy hunting. The Tract reticle is at least clean and should present to the eye as a duplex in low light or against a junky background.

Still curious how they do mechanically. I get the impression these are built at LOW in Japan? I also get the impression that these were sorta "spec'd" to the manufacturer rather than engineered from the ground up. If they are a LOW-built scope that's a GOOD thing as they know how to build mechanically accurate scopes and clearly have the pieces and parts on hand to do so- erector assemblies and leadscrews being the biggies.

It'd be interesting to have someone really wring one out. Doesn't appear that Deflave's "review" is going to give us that. One reason I'm now offering to pay the first $25 of the shipping to get one up to Larry/Big Stick. Folks, that's a $5 increase in just one day! We need to act now while this limited time offer still stands. So Larry's cost now stands at $44 for shipping even if none of you rat bastids <g> pitch in. That low enough, Larry, with all your "money growing on trees" up there? Let's get this done.
Bob, thanks for the offer!

Busy time of the year weaning and shipping cattle back home for the winter but I did get the Tract on paper this afternoon.

Limited use but it appears to be nice enough for the money.

It's going to be a 'set and forget' sub 500 yard mule deer scope.

And IMHO the reticle should work fine that type of use.

Dislikes.

Big eyepiece and tall caps, shortish mount length(on a long action) and the fact that it's a variable.

But of course I knew all that going in.
(I'd love a fixed 6-8x scope with the same reticle...)

If you weak cycle the action empties will hit and drop back in, but use decent speed and they fly out.

Likes.

The reticle.

The glass.

The clicks/adjustments.

Could care less about maximum adjustment capability as I'm not a long range shooter. Training wheels still work for me.

Wildcard is obviously going to be durability and company longevity but whatever.

We shall see.

84L MT.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Added just for you Stick.

Didn't dare point that laser beam of death straight at the cow.....

grin

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the review and feedback. Looks like that scope was made for the rifle. Just a nice looking setup.

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
That is a big ocular.

Is it a constant eye relief design?

The larger ocular came to be in the design process to allow a constant 4" of eye relief and keep as widest FOV as possible.

Still curious how they do mechanically. I get the impression these are built at LOW in Japan? I also get the impression that these were sorta "spec'd" to the manufacturer rather than engineered from the ground up. If they are a LOW-built scope that's a GOOD thing as they know how to build mechanically accurate scopes and clearly have the pieces and parts on hand to do so- erector assemblies and leadscrews being the biggies.

Yes sir, these are coming out of LOW.
Posted By: StrayDog Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/07/16
I have your Turion model 3-9x40 with the BDC reticle and so far it is everything I hoped.

This seems odd to me, but this reticle is so much better for hunting with the German #4 cross hairs, ballistic dots, similar to the Leupold ballistic dots.

Why is it only offered on your budget price scopes and not available in the top of the line? I think you are missing some sales opportunities.

Yes sir, these are coming out of LOW.

My Conquests have that big ocular and they have wonderful ER characteristics.

I'd re-state that a LOW-built scope very likely has very good mechanics and I'll double down by saying (no insult to your designers intended) that the more leeway y'all gave LOW to just provide you with same, the better. They know WTF they are doing at LOW.

I'm upping my shipping offer to $27.50....... and if Larry acts now, a used Ginsu-esque steak knife that can cut through an aluminum beer can and STILL cut meat! Sumbitch! I will either send the $27.50 straight to Big Stick or I could pay it directly to Tract. The knife I'll have to ship flat rate.

Mr. Tract: would it be possible that myself and/or others could pitch in directly to you guys to cover the shipping to Big Stick in AK? Would you consider eating part of the shipping to him if none of these cheap [bleep] will pitch in? $69 gets too deep into my beer money, maaan.
Posted By: Boxer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/07/16
Sammo,

I missed the boolit/speed of said Montucky melding? Mebbe you cited it somewhere,but I cain't retrieve same.

Anywhoooo...like as per always,if'n you want sumptin' done/did,you gotta do it yourself. Been graciously givin' THE Counter Jockey opportunity to extoll Turdic subtension values,but she's gone wayyyyyyy outta her road,to refrain same. Rattled some chains and cut to the fhuqking chase,to answer my own questions. Hint.

Long story short,here's the chase.

[Linked Image]

Obviously your pic...but righted and writed. Pun(s) be intended.

[Linked Image]

More than a couple/few things will be glaring,to them who shoot. I've no doubt they tried hard,but all dots are disconnected and there's no rhyme,letta 'lone reason. As mentioned prior,it is an archaeic handful of schit,tossed atta window to swoon Window Lickers.

The wind subtension moves are less than nothin' and it is a City Slicker arrangement,to house more wind holdoff below center,than at crosshair intersection. Hint.

At the crosshair's window,one "gets" a total of 3 MOA of windage to subtend a scenario with and that is well shy of anything prudent and funny at the same time. Less than a fhuqking Mil of wind,on a "vaunted" reticle,is really some JeffZero worthy "thinking".(grin)

In fairness and in extrapolation,I should prolly dangle sumptin' done right and of course will. Beings the Turdic is MOA based,I'll happily stay that course,though I VERY much prefer the MQ's Mil/Mil scale.

[Linked Image]

Note the lineal scale's vast superiority,crystalline clarity and ease in actually using a subtension reticle to subtend with. Hint.

Things of course become even more muddled,when tryin' to muse SFP in conjunction,with the feeble reticle's relative "abilities".

Typical/average weather day today,with a lil' SE tryin' to rock the fhuqking boat and a nice opportunity to extrapolate the usual. 30MPH full value and in "fairness",I chose a run of the fhuqking mill rifle(which happened to be in my crummy anyhow) and looked to quantify the Turdic reticle's "virtues".

1.75" sight height 7-08AI with 162'Max at 2850fps ala 250yd zero and positioned to intersect the max latitude inherent the Turdic at 16MOA of ele subtension. 'Course the astute will quickly cypher how that is less than halfa the Turdic's "efforts" and I'm happily awaiting the "Set it and forget it" Crowd,to extoll SFP "advantages". Laughing!

I'm purty certain the wind was encroachin' from right of frame and travelin' to the left.

[Linked Image]

Note how one can hastily subtend a victim's relative sizing,given the constants of a lineal scale and it's EASY layout? Hint.

Hell...the gent with a clue could prolly even corroborate the 300yd Iggle's relative sizing,if only to add more facts to the fire. Just sayin'.(grin)

[Linked Image]

How to slip/slide 790yd 7-08AI 2850fps 162A-Max 30MPH full value wind on a reticle.Sub 15MOA slip requisite. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Some more context,for the Pointy Head Gang.

Reticle Musings....From Moments Ago

To be nothing but FAIR,please understand that one needs to add 3.5 ounces of optics weight to the platform,in order to reap parallax adjustment(10yds to Infinity),over double the erector travel and a vastly superior reticle....along with the stalwart steadfastness of a FIXED system's inherent attributes. That in regards to mechanics,optics,durability and weather sealing. Though it'll only cost less than half as much,to garner ALL of them attributes in concert. Hint.

1000 Words On The Wind

So I'd be the LAST gent to upset the cart,by pissin' in someone's punch,by guffawing how "quaint" a scope "looks" on a given parcel,I am rather at fhuqking ease in cutting to the gawwdamned fhuqking chase on what do what and more fhuqking importantly...WHY. Mainly because I get a BIG kick outta The Looky-Loo DUMBFhuqks and their "efforts".(grin)

Soooooo...if'n you could cite the boolit/speed/atmosphere and zero range,it'd be a HOOT to extrapolate same to the top end SFP's magnification of 16MOA ele and a "whopping" 3MOA of windage,if only to put 'er all in context. Given Schit Kcickin' "simplicity" and all.

Don't be shy.(grin)

Laughing!....................

THE Counter Jockey,

Takin' a picture of a scope settin' upon a rifle that's never been SHOT with same...ain't a fhuqking "review". Hint.

Just sayin'.

STILL lookin' for "all" them "Mind Blowing" "Tests" you've been "privvy" too.

You are doing "GREAT"!

Laughing!

Bless your heart................

'Dog,

As a Texan,cite your "lofty" hopes,which came to fruition ala said glass. Mebbe cite the platform upon which it is affixed and "all' you've extrapolated in it's regards.

Be sure to say sumptin' about SFP reticles...after you Google it.

Laughing!

Bless your heart..................

JeffZero,

Ain't it a fascinating constant and right proper Dichotomy,that you cain't even Pan Handle yourself to a FIRST fhuqking clue? Bless your heart.

Hmmmmmm...lemme see,I've only bought (2) Custom Rifles,another 6x MQ,multiple sets of bases/rings(Burris Signature XTR's),a Donor action,more than a few Hornie ELD's and prolly more than a few other things,since my last Post. Hint.

Weather still ain't pristine,but boxes continue to open easily and I hear good thangs about S35V(Google it). Laughing!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/922/a6wxxo.jpg[/img]

Better Google "Bradley" too. Laughing!

Got a couple/few Bucks to butcher and need to clean out my Crummy. Will add if only in fairness,that neither my Principles nor my Happiness have ever been For Sale and few are more stolid in NOT condoning that behavior,than I. While you certainly suck a mean ass,are never NOT on the take and an absolutely CLUELESS Fhuqk to boot...you're a touch remiss in citing what you "do" for a "living".

Pardon money growing on trees,it has simply always agreed with my abilities and penchants.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................
Stick, it's a 270 Win, 140 Accubong(.496), 3020fps, 2000' and zero'd at 220 yards.

And obviously I know jackchit about MOA/mil, turrets, all that chit so be gentle....grin

I do know that if it's 'windy' I probably won't be shooting past about 300 yards at a deer. Been fooled and baffled by gusts and changing directions to know better.

Still fun to practice on (large)plates when it truly is blowing.

400-450 yards is a long shot for me(hunting).

Haven't got the urge to shoot any farther. Past that distance and turrets are obviously the way to go.
Larry, what I "do" for a living has been amply spoken of and for that matter illustrated, and recently. Do your own homework. A gal has to have some secrets. Not that it's a secret.

Since the obstacle to you trying one these was, you said, the exorbitant shipping to AK, if I through my honorable and meritous efforts can eliminate that obstacle, will you buy one and try it? I'm pledging $27.50 and a used steak knife to help you through your tough times. Need MORE? Can probably arrange it. Say the word... bro.

One thing: you can't puss out like you have with Nightforce. If you are gonna "try" this, you gotta actually try it, not just finger-fΓΌck someone else's at the range and declare yourself an expert. Can you do that? Good.
Originally Posted by StrayDog
I have your Turion model 3-9x40 with the BDC reticle and so far it is everything I hoped.

This seems odd to me, but this reticle is so much better for hunting with the German #4 cross hairs, ballistic dots, similar to the Leupold ballistic dots.

Why is it only offered on your budget price scopes and not available in the top of the line? I think you are missing some sales opportunities.

Thanks for the feedback! We'll have more reticle offerings coming out in the near future.

The Turion is a work horse scope. Glad you're happy with it!
Posted By: Ringman Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/09/16
TRACT_Optics,

While you're thinking about this sort of thing, how 'bout hydrophobic coatings and a scope that tops at about 20X?
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/09/16
Originally Posted by Ringman
TRACT_Optics,

While you're thinking about this sort of thing, how 'bout hydrophobic coatings and a scope that tops at about 20X?

In the market for a new spotter? πŸ˜‚
Originally Posted by huntsonora
TRACT_Optics,

You can get by with a 20X spotter? Your eyesight is better than most. Congratulations.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/09/16
TRACT_Optics,

You can get by with a 20X spotter? Your eyesight is better than most. Congratulations.

Pretty sure he was making fun of your dipschittedness.... I'm sure your mind just had a failure to feed and or fire there..... no need to disclose it though.... laffin
TRACT_Optics,

Wow! You really are that dumb aren't you.....

Here's a little twist. I have 7X50 for my walk around binos. Then the next one is a 10X50 if I am going to quickly look at distance. Next up is 15X58 when I am going to sit down and really look over an area.

I sold the spotters. When I find game I get behind the Swarovski z5 5-25X52 or the Leupold VX-6 4-24X52. Both of these are rifle scopes. When I find something I think I want to take a closer look at I already decided it is a game animal and may want to kill it. I want to get on it with the rifle, not another passive optical instrument.

Posted By: GregW Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/09/16
TRACT_Optics,

Zing!
You guys act like jr. high kids. Do you make fun of handicap people in person?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/09/16

Yes!!!!. Are you admitting to a mental or physical handicap. My money is on mental. Is it ladder test season yet. The suspense is killing me.
[]DIPSCHITTEDNESSπŸ’©. FACTS ARE FACTS. LMFAO
I am curious why a no body is important enough for you guys to take time to respond.

😳

😳

πŸ˜‚
Posted By: Boxer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Sammo,

I get it...that you do NOT get it,because NOBODY that savvies,would cut a check to yield futility on purpose. Mebbe that explains "all" the "Rave Reviews" that The Counter Jockey was trying to conjure and "surprisingly" fell wayyyyyy shy of realization?!?(grin)

With the prescribed particulars of your flight characteristics,you'll immediately note how nothing you need to do,is where you need to do it,as applied to the reticle of the Turdic. That isn't "happenstance","poor luck" nor a "fluke" but rather reiteration on how poorly "thought" out the reticle design is,in both Theory and Application. It is a cluttered ball of nonsense,less rhyme or reason...but SFP to boot,so nothin' is in fhuqking synch. If only for starters.

As a "set it and forget it",you've nothing to work with and as a highly "esteemed" LR Scope as per it's hilarious billing,you are just as equally fhuqked. An esoteric/generic OLD School Mil Reticle blows it outta the water,in all regards,even if talkin' MOA/Mil. You'd reap more elevation and sixfold the windage correction abilities,if only for starters...as well as clearing the field and getting a pile of fruitless fhuqking schit outta the way. Were you to REALLY OLD School and Jarhead Zero the OLD School Mil Reticle,you could eek even more by setting your 220yd zero above crosshair intersection and subtending for greater latitude.

Hilariously,some will scoff at the notion,yet embrace the Turdic Dumbfhuqkery in extrapolation. Hint.(grin)

'Tis a shame to purposely set up a V8 rifle,that is only hitting on 3-cylinders and work at TRYING to "justify" the approach,as a "well thoughout" "plan". I mean you can and you do...but WHY?!? A short action chambering of far lesser recoil,greater handling,increased Funtitude will happily double the distances cited,less breaking stride. They also arrive the scene with less drop,drift,higher impact velocity and far more "Oooooomph". Them constants fhuqk with heads. Easy for me to say...if only because I've got/shot it all. Hint.

If you could miss a Deer sized target at 450yds via CBS in 30mph full value with a L/A Centerfire(even a fhuqking 270),you'd best be shooting from the Fetal Position while having a fhuqking seizure,as an "excuse". That is a sub 38" correction and sub 8MOA of wind slidin' on the glass. No thang even when suffering an OLD School Milscale(sub 2.5 Mils of wind),let alone sumptin' worth a fhuqk. Hint.

Now nobody KNOWS your "abilities" better than you,but hamstringing the sighting instrument is a CERTAIN way to stay mired in Sucktitude,as relative abilities with a rifle go. Shame of it is/was,that for well less than halfa the jingle,you coulda bought (2) scopes of repute that housed inherent aptitude Light Years in advance,over the schit you are sufferin'. Sayin' that you embrace that suck,don't change them facts. Hint.(grin)

So while I very much ENJOY the Inherent Hilarity of the "no middle man" mantra,the greasy fhuqking in the Shipping Department and the swoonin' of "glass"...none of it approaches the HILARITY of designing Sucktitude as an opening move and then feverishly billing it as sumptin' it can NOT be,due the horribly botched design. The reticle precludes it,the erector travel precludes it and SFP do NO fhuqking favors,for them who actually shoot.

For conversation and in regards to the flight parameters you cited,450yds is a 5.2MOA ele correction and if enthralled with MOAtitude,that'd leave you "only" 34.8 more MOA remaining on a 6x Fixed Fhuqker's MOA/MOA windshield. Standing flatfooted,you could only reach the 1275yd line,with your prescribed zero on the windshield alone. If the winds weren't quite "nice",it'd take about 3 seconds to dump 40MOA in the erector and slide 20MOA on the reticle,to contend 20mph full value conditions a that same distance. BFD.

If only because context never ain't not intellesting,a lowly short action 260AI tossin' the 147ELD at 2800fps and zero'd same in like atmosphere...don't burn 40MOA of ele windshield until the 1335yd line and 20MOA of 20MPH full value wind until 1650yds.

I know...I know...3-cylinders is "fun" to you.

Laffin'!

NOBODY that sees it,ever goes back to "all" that they "thought" they "knew" and checks get cut ASAP,with lotsa schit that was "good" minutes prior,immediately getting yarded apart and put up for sale. I've only seen it 100's of times and really look forward to folks tellin' me or showin' me stuff,because it has yet to unfold within a shred of where they "thought" it would.

One shot and the dots would ALL be connected.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

JeffZero,

I musta missed it where you cited what you "do" for a "living"? Do tell...as it will certainly be funnier than fhuqk. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my having shot wayyyyyyyy more glass on "accident",than you could in 100 Lifetimes of TRYING on "purpose". Hint.

Never been tough to cypher who do and who don't...but at least you "get" to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt.

Laffin'!

The Counter Jockey,

Mebbe roll the dice and talk with someone who ACTUALLY fhuqking shoots,before you STUPID Fhuqks that obviously don't shoot,do something even more fhuqking STUPID than your 1st try. Hint.

If in doubt,simply retro a fhuqking Mildot,as at least you would have SOMETHING to lean upon instead of EPIC Hilarity. Do not get fhuqking cute,keep measurements lineal,subtend in useable increments and sweep the clutter offa the windshield and onto the floor. Hint.

Perhaps consider a nice Fruity Flavoring for the ocular,for Ringmam,JeffZero and their ilk.

Laffin'!

Ringmam,

You are JeffZero's father...ain'tcha'?!?

Laffin'!

'sonora,

She's in the market for a FIRST Fhuqking Clue.

JeffZero would give her one...but couldn't get the fhuqking box it shipped in opened.

Laffin'!

'shooter,

Lengthen the leash...do not shorten.

She's doin' "great"!

Laffin'!
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
(I'm so in this guy's head, he can't stop talking about me! Sweet! Fish ON!) smile

Boxer, if I up my offer to $30 towards the shipping AND a set of genuine rim fire aluminum rings, that might even be "from billet", will you follow through on your promise to buy and try one of these?

(The steak knife offer was limited-time only and I'm sorry but has expired)

Nice dodge on the NF dumbphΓΌckery btw!

Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Offer that loser some growth hormones. He'll be on that deal like blubber on Rosie O'donnell.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16

Jeff O hire the man a hooker. If anyone needs to grab something by the pussy .
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Stick, you missed your calling. You should ditch the oil patch and design optics.

I also do prefer the short action Kimbers just because they feed a little better(from my sample of three) and would love to get a hold of 260.

Took the ol' 3 banger 270 out right before dark and checked the training wheels at longer ranges.

Shot at 469 yards as that's as far as I could get at this particular spot.
(without hitting grass)

Slight breeze, 2-3 mph and didn't hold for 'wind'.

Decent 3" group but it was obviously off center by about 5".
(the 9-10 o'clock blotch)

But not bad elevation wise which is obviously the concern with this type of reticle.

[Linked Image]

Then moved to 400 yards, held a few inches right for the light breeze and fired 3 more shots.

They made a nice 1.5" group pretty close to dead center.

The Norwegian Neanderthal is happy with this.

Waited around until it was too dark to be shooting and the scope performed quite well. Very bright and clear, actually somewhat impressive.

Gonna try and get after a dink mule deer sometime next week and I think this setup will work just fine.

Posted By: EdM Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Sam,

You are so full if chitte you would splatter if you fell and hit the ground. grin A Kimber? Really?
Ed, it was practically calm and fricken 10x scopes are a touch easier compared to 6x Leupold and dots...

And I was shooting once fired brass, this rifle just doesn't shoot as well with virgins.

And it generally doesn't shoot .5MOA all day long......grin
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Nice shootin.......
Ack, bipod from the dirt but did cheat and use a rear bag.

Kimber has that big cushy pad and they are easy shooting prone.

And 140 Accubonds are uber buck medicine.....

Posted By: EdM Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Ed, it was practically calm and fricken 10x scopes are a touch easier compared to 6x Leupold and dots...

And I was shooting once fired brass, this rifle just doesn't shoot as well with virgins.

Ah, now I understand. smile Your suggested load below but only a measly 100 yards.

[Linked Image]

Somehow it worked. grin

[Linked Image]
Holy Christ Ed, you shot that bull in half!
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Jeff the Nightforce work just fine and if the elk hear you have one they follow you home. Lol.

[Linked Image]

300 gr Berger at 2900 help too,!! very convincing!!.
Samo nice shooting headed to cattle country next week pic will follow
Great pic Fred.
Samo nice shooting headed to cattle country next week pic will follow

It's been pretty balmy here lately. Easy weather to be outside in for work.

But too warm for buck deer hunting. Next week it should be on...
Same here to hot that's all changing next week.
Flave musta got a new hustler he ain't been around.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/10/16
Sam, considering the severe handicaps you are overcoming, that's good shootin'.

Fred, I've seen enough dead elk out of YOU for 2016.

Sidepass, if $30 gets it done..............

Went shooting again today. It was dead calm. Gotta love THAT. I only shot to 915 yds, where I have a 12" plate hanging. I had like all these other yards and yards of available travel in my erector, not to mention my windshield, but they went unused. I know that I'm weird that way. Most guys are shooting out to, what, 2000+ yards? Anyway it was fun.

Plates hung at 500, 600, 875, 915. It's developing into a Very Good Spot. smile

[Linked Image]

Also shot the 7 WSM Kimber. Got good dope on it, too.............

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bellydeep Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/11/16
TRACT_Optics,

Good one!!!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/12/16

It will if you 'do your part', right? grin
Stick, you missed your calling. You should ditch the oil patch and design optics.

I also do prefer the short action Kimbers just because they feed a little better(from my sample of three) and would love to get a hold of 260.

Took the ol' 3 banger 270 out right before dark and checked the training wheels at longer ranges.

Shot at 469 yards as that's as far as I could get at this particular spot.
(without hitting grass)

Slight breeze, 2-3 mph and didn't hold for 'wind'.

Decent 3" group but it was obviously off center by about 5".
(the 9-10 o'clock blotch)

But not bad elevation wise which is obviously the concern with this type of reticle.

[Linked Image]

Then moved to 400 yards, held a few inches right for the light breeze and fired 3 more shots.

They made a nice 1.5" group pretty close to dead center.

The Norwegian Neanderthal is happy with this.

Waited around until it was too dark to be shooting and the scope performed quite well. Very bright and clear, actually somewhat impressive.

Gonna try and get after a dink mule deer sometime next week and I think this setup will work just fine.

Nice shooting Sam. Hope some pics of a Mulie pop up soon as well!
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/14/16
Shot it again on Saturday and am honestly liking the reticle.
(but obviously I'm a crude dumbphuck....grin)

The way it's setup sort of draws your eye right to the center which is where I'll be aiming at critters probably 90% of the time. You kinda forget the training wheels are even there.

But if you need to stretch it out farther they do appear to match up pretty close to the website calculator.

Precise enough to hit eggs at 537 yards?

Probably not but then again that's not the type of precision I am after.

For whatever reason I just don't want to twist turrets on a hunting scope and hopefully this is a good compromise out to (+)500 yards which is still plenty far for me.

Weatherman is calling for a little snow, rain and wind later this week. Should be a good time to look for dinks!
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/14/16
Samo post pictures as soon as you knock it's Dick in the dirt.
Fred you know it!

Let this dink go last Fall, hopefully he is still alive and I can find him. He had potential to be a decent dink this year.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wageslave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/14/16
Sweet.
he should be 24"-25" now, maybe.
Get'em.
Wages, that's exactly what I was thinking. He might have cracked 20-21" inside last and obviously had room to grow.

BLM deer but way off the 'road' though so fingers crossed.

Hope he grew lots and you nail him. Good luck samo the rut should be getting pretty hot. We are hunting whitetail east side tomorrow should be rut city. Season ends on the 19 the my wife has a quality tag for 20to the 24th should get some good dinks out of the trip. Pards all ready went and did very well. I will post pics and video as the shots are fired.
Fred, the whitetails are just starting to act stupid around here.

This morning I drove down to fix fence and saw this uber dink.
(pic taken from the cab of an idling diesel pickup....)

[Linked Image]

He better find some wilder does to hang out with.
I would tag out on a dink like that good to hear they are getting stupid.

536yards. LMFAO
Posted By: EdM Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/14/16
Holy Christ Ed, you shot that bull in half!

Nothing beats a Barnes TSX, well maybe the TTSX...
Posted By: jakelly Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/14/16
Fred you know it!

Let this dink go last Fall, hopefully he is still alive and I can find him. He had potential to be a decent dink this year.

[Linked Image]

That doe seems like she's got some whitetail blood. Which, if true, means they're near good water. Good year for antler growth, he might be a shooter.
She does have little ears for a mule deer. Good observation.

There is a haystack and some fields a few miles away so there very well could be whitetail in the area.

Seems like every little pothole out in the hills has been half full for practically the last 5 years!

Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/14/16
Shot it again on Saturday and am honestly liking the reticle.
(but obviously I'm a crude dumbphuck....grin)

The way it's setup sort of draws your eye right to the center which is where I'll be aiming at critters probably 90% of the time. You kinda forget the training wheels are even there.

But if you need to stretch it out farther they do appear to match up pretty close to the website calculator.

Precise enough to hit eggs at 537 yards?

Probably not but then again that's not the type of precision I am after.

For whatever reason I just don't want to twist turrets on a hunting scope and hopefully this is a good compromise out to (+)500 yards which is still plenty far for me.

Weatherman is calling for a little snow, rain and wind later this week. Should be a good time to look for dinks!

Sam,

Like you, I'll be berated for saying this, but...

I had a couple of Zeiss Conquest with the Rapid Z 600 reticle which is very similar function and appearance to the Tract reticle. I absolutely loved the Rapid Z. Using the online calculator to determine what magnification to put the scope on to match subtensions to trajectory worked like a champ. I was easily able to get well centered 1st round hits on 8" steel,plates all the way out to 600 yards which was far as that reticle is set up for. It was very quick and very simple. I killed a nice whitetail with it, putting a 155gr Scenar through his heart at a bit over 300 yards. My son in law did the same on a doe, also at 300 yards, last December in a full value 15 mph wind by holding half again as much as the 10 mph mark showed. Center punched the heart.

The only reason I sent that scope down the road was that it lost zero and wouldn't track correctly during my efforts to re-zero it. After Zeiss took care of it under warranty, I was still afraid of it so let it go.

Point being, that if the Tract holds zero and tracks correctly, you've got a VERY effective medium range hunting setup. It will not be precise enough to head shoot bunnies at the in between ranges, but you can easily put a bullet in an 8" circle as far out as the reticle is designed for.

John
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/14/16
Sam,

That's about the size of the biggest I've seen so far, but have seen 2-3 that size. Saw a couple bigger ones before the season started, while bird hunting. They're around here somewhere...

The bigger bucks should be losing their cool soon! Hope you find him again.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/15/16
Hondo, I actually have a R600 3.5-10x44 on a 300WSM.

It's accurate but I never did really like how the smaller duplex 'floats' out in the center. And I also had to send it in after about 2k rounds.

JB, the prime-time is coming right up, good luck to you as well!

Couple more days of working cows and I am outta here!

Posted By: add Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/15/16
Spectacular images as usual Sam - thanks.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16
Eat pussy not deer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16
This optic is pushing the 1K round mark and is still performing well. It has seen many miles of truck stalking, and we all know I treat objects like women. Only better.

But at the end of the day we will only have one man's/god's opinion. I propose I forward this optic to another Campfire member so we can have a more thorough review. Perhaps a total of three members (including myself) before the end of February?

What say thee?

Dave
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16
add, things got Tractical...

[Linked Image]

Fred, double score!

Dave, perfect timing. I have an UBER bear hunt coming up and this scope will a nice addition.

Safariman
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16
Sammo the mighty Buck 110 brought luck grin
Posted By: wageslave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16
Scopes bleed?
Who knew?

P.S. Why were you mad at it?

Anyway, good morning.
Sam,

You're going to ruin the finish on your MT.

Dave
Posted By: wageslave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16

What say thee?

Dave

JeffO says he really knowledgeable........
If you want the opinion of the transgender dopers community.........
It would be interesting to see what an unemployed member of the LGBT community thinks.

Clark
MM, it's an extra fancy limited edition.....

Wages, good morning to you as well.

Living on the Rez makes stabbing things come naturally.

Dave, thanks for the tip but I already did a full cleaning detail on that rifle last night. Can't stand to have a dirty gun.

Living on the Rez makes stabbing things come naturally.

Tipi-creeping?
The original stabbin' cabin?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16
add, things got Tractical...

[Linked Image]

Fred, double score!

Dave, perfect timing. I have an UBER bear hunt coming up and this scope will a nice addition.

Safariman

Triple SAMO. It was a killing fest.

[Linked Image]

The sun set on a perfect day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One more to go.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/18/16

What say thee?

Dave

JeffO is really knowledgeable........
If you want the opinion of someone who shoots a lot and has good gear.........

I'd give it a run. Dunno how relevant what I'd do would be; I'd be primarily interested in how accurate and stable it was mechanically, so I'd be twisting those turrets w/o mercy. It doesn't appear to really be a "turret" scope so that might not be real fair.

I am still offering to help get one up to poor ol' Stick. I'll up my offer to $32 green American dollars and a used oil filter wrench. If you pΓΌssies would crack your wallets and pitch in we could get this thing DONE!

[Linked Image]

One more to go.

I love this pic!
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/19/16
Thanks Samo. Wife gets to the hunting grounds today with a late late tag in hand.

The deer are dumbed up pretty good now here's to hoping she gets a wall hanger.

Jeff its the return shipping little Larry can't afford I all ready offered to pay shipping to get on to him.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/19/16
Ok, so shipping to him is covered.... my $32 will put him into a PROFIT on the return shipping since he can flat-rate it like he keeps carping on.

So what's the damn problem here?!

It's almost like he's all bluster......
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/19/16
Fred, WTF are you guys doing to get to hunt them in the heat of the rut like that? Muzzleloaders still, like the elk?

[bleep]......... how do you mount a Nightforce to a muzzleloader? <grin>
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/22/16
Who is getting the scope next.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/22/16
Flave was quite generous and air mailed it to me and I promptly bore sighted it in on this ratdink.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/22/16

I vote Sam.

Clark
It's up to you man it needs blood.

[Linked Image]

Wife punched her tag was tough with Stella in tow.

I have on whitetail skin head left and think it's a hand gun show.
Samo kill a bunch of something cool with it.

Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/22/16
That's a great pic fredIII. Congrats. Great looking family.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/22/16
How about fredIII and then somebody else?

Dave
The older two had to stay home with grandma, Stella is to new leave over night (wife's opinion not mine). LOL. THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/22/16
Flave was quite generous and air mailed it to me and I promptly bore sighted it in on this ratdink.

[Linked Image]

Nice buck Sammo!
Flave I think someone with some tags left would be good I am going east in February for dogs but only have a doe tag left.

I got to be at the kill and watch the shot on everyone of the animal in the picture. Plus I got my trigger time as well.

[Linked Image]

A fine November. Once the tags are filled I would kill some gophers with it.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/22/16
It was a good November.
Flave I think someone with some tags left would be good I am going east in February for dogs but only have a doe tag left.

I got to be at the kill and watch the shot on everyone of the animal in the picture. Plus I got my trigger time as well.

[Linked Image]

One heck of a November Fred. That scope is a great match for yotes and other furry critters. plenty of reasons to keep it going around.

[Linked Image]

Sam, This is a great pic. Mind if I repost it?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/23/16

[Linked Image]

One heck of a November Fred. That scope is a great match for yotes and other furry critters. plenty of reasons to keep it going around.

I got a new AR that I can bolt it to once Samo is done killing everything on the res.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/23/16

I vote Sam.

Clark

Beings I already have one I vote Fred!

Trevor, PM sent.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/23/16
Fred it is.

PM info Fred.

Dave
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Optics -Response - 11/23/16
Sent

158Β°F to -1.4Β°F

Surely you've had ample opportunity in the last few days to answer this, no?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tract Optics -Response - 12/15/16
It's been 'cold' for the last 10 days but other than feed cows and drink beer I haven't done anything.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Tract Optics -Response - 12/15/16
smile
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 01/03/17
Did this scope get some more usage?

Dave
I just read all this. : )
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Optics -Response - 01/06/17
Sooooo, ?
© 24hourcampfire