Home
Looked at an older USA made mini 4-12 at a gunshow this weekend. Came back to buy it(guy only wanted $150) and it was gone.
Looking for a used one now and saw there's the mini, plus the shortmag and timberline in 4.5-14 but same size.

Anybody have experience with these? One better than the other?
Going on a 10/22 but if I like it, may go on a Montana.
I put the 4.5-14 Timberline on my 17HMR and It works well.
I like the size, the AO and the holdover marks.
My hunting partner tried it and he had a hard time getting it to play nice with his glasses prescription.
Not sure which is the problem there, glasses, scope or the combination but it's fine for me.
Check the reviews!

I have no experience with the Shortmag or the variable Mini so I can't help compare.
Mine is a Philippine made scope.

I think the Mini version was made in America, if that matters to you.
I have a Mini from 1980ish. Would never part with it !!
Had one of the new Timberline 4.5-14. Got rid of it pronto. Under perfect conditions it was ok but eye relief was critical and cloudy or foggy days and as soon as the sun started to set it got murky. I liked the size and the potential but the reality sucked. YMMV
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Had one of the new Timberline 4.5-14. Got rid of it pronto. Under perfect conditions it was ok but eye relief was critical and cloudy or foggy days and as soon as the sun started to set it got murky. I liked the size and the potential but the reality sucked. YMMV

^ This. Keep your money.
Older USA made same?
© 24hourcampfire