Home
Posted By: kaboku68 Game Changer from Swaro - 03/08/17
Swaro is basically making a binocular unit for the ATX/STX objective series.

BTX FACT SHEET
March 2017 © SWAROVSKI OPTIK NA

#CLOSER2HUNTING
IMMERSE YOURSELF. DISCOVER. ENJOY.
• Uses the visual power of both eyes to make the image
appear more natural and vivid.
• The BTX features an adjustable forehead rest, an
angled ocular system and the fact that both eyes can
be used for viewing with maximum comfort over long
periods
• The BTX Modular uses the 95 mm, 85 mm and 65 mm
Objectives of the current SWAROVSKI OPTIK
ATX/STX Modular system.
• The 95 mm objective will be a fixed 35X. The 85
objective a fixed 30X. The 65 objective a fixed 30X.
• Features SWAROVISION Technology – Field Flattener and High Definition Lenses: Gives
perfect edge to edge clarity, eliminates several kinds of distortion, brings out the highest color
contrasts and offers increased eye relief.
• The interpupillary distance is adjustable, just like on a binocular. In the case of the BTX the
eyepieces operate simultaneously so they remain centered – No need to move away from the
forehead rest while adjusting.
• The black housing which incorporates the forehead rest, can be removed for cleaning
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 03/08/17
They've also added a 1.7 magnifier that can be used with either of the existing eye-pieces or the BTX. With the magnifier, angle or straight ocular and 65 or 85mm objectives the zoom range is like 40-100x and up to 120x (?) with the 95mm objective. When used with the BTX (bino ocular) the result is like 50x with the 65 and 85mm objectives; 60x with the 95mm objective.

I'll be interested to see (no pun intended) how the magnifier affects light transmission and clarity.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 03/08/17
Weight of BTX module / BTX overall (oz)
50.0 / 77.3= 65mm
50.0 / 88.8=85mm
50.0 / 97.3=95mm
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 03/08/17
I'd consider one if they make one for a STS/STM.....
Posted By: centershot Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/21/17
Got to try one of these last night, wow - that is cool. Both eyes open, Swaro quality view - amazing. Price tag is right in there with a decent used pickup truck.
Posted By: kingston Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/22/17
Originally Posted by centershot
Price tag is right in there with a decent used pickup truck.

Pretty much, lol.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/27/17
Got to try one of these last night, wow - that is cool. Both eyes open, Swaro quality view - amazing. Price tag is right in there with a decent used pickup truck.

I'd love to have one but thinking a 15x56 binocular attached to a tripod will be less expensive and will perform 75% of what I need from spotter. I still have my ATX that can be used if higher magnification is required.
Posted By: centershot Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/28/17
You should take a look through one before spending on a big bino. It was pretty amazing.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/28/17
You should take a look through one before spending on a big bino. It was pretty amazing.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/28/17
They're amazing and well worth the money

I was worried about FOV but it isn't an issue
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/29/17
I am thinking these are a great optic, as I own and respect the Swarovski models.

But these are limited to a very few with a starting price of over $4K - $5,500.00.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/29/17
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
I am thinking these are a great optic, as I own and respect the Swarovski models.

But these are limited to a very few with a starting price of over $4K - $5,500.00.

Buy once, cry once.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/29/17
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Buy once, cry once.

Have you tried one, or are you just a big talker ?
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/29/17

Buy once, cry once.

Cry for however many years in bankruptcy.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/29/17

Buy once, cry once.

Have you tried one, or are you just a big talker ?

I can talk the talk, 'cuz I walk the walk. I OWN one !!! ATX, BTX, 1.7x ME and 85mm Obj.
Swaro wasn't the first to bring the Bi-ocular spotter out, but making it interchangeable with a series was a good decision. To each their own... as I bet there is probably a good base in the birding community for this alone.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/30/17
Tract, not sure, but why did you post on this one ?
Tract, not sure, but why did you post on this one ?

Because I'm an optics enthusiast and I like seeing new and/or innovative products come out regardless of brand. Remember, I work for TRACT on the forums, but I also design hunting equipment for another company...this industry is both my career and passion...and I love seeing, using, and reading about all this gear.
Posted By: sharpsguy Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/30/17
I see a limited market for this due to the very high cost.
Posted By: WRO Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/30/17
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

Try and get one in the next 9 months, they pre-sold the first 2 rounds of production in the first 10 days after the announcement.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/30/17
Cripes, you think it's hard to get a look @ alpha binocs or spotters all @ the same time/place, imagine trying to get this thing and it's competitors in the ring @ the same time. You'd have the binoc attachment and an ATX/STX, the big Kowa, a set of 20x IS Zeiss, 15x56 binocs, and who knows what else. That said, I think the binoc attachment for those who already own an "X" series Swaro spotter is a no-brainer as availability and $$ allow.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/30/17
Originally Posted by WRO

Try and get one in the next 9 months, they pre-sold the first 2 rounds of production in the first 10 days after the announcement.

FWIW, Swaro website says ~$3K and delivery within 4-7 business days right now.
Posted By: WRO Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/30/17
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by WRO

Huh, all of the dealers I know of are out. They must of held some back for the online store.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 06/30/17
Originally Posted by WRO

True ^^^. I got mine at the tail-end of the first shipment to dealers. I knew it was coming out, beforehand, and had the dealer order one for me. I'm NOT disappointed. The BTX, itself, with any of the objective modules is amazing. Add the 1.7x magnifier to bump up the power, and it continues to amaze. I was worried about the fall-off in brightness because of the magnifier, but can honestly say it is minimal at best. . Add the magnifier between the ATX/STX eye piece and an objective and the fall-off in brightness is a tad more noticeable. The fact that both eyes are open and gathering/processing with the BTX the image is the key.
High praise from a respected voice.
Originally Posted by huntsonora
They're amazing and well worth the money

I was worried about FOV but it isn't an issue

High praise...
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 07/02/17
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by WRO

Swaro site lists MSRP, 'cuz they don't want their online presence to compete with their dealers. Street price is just under $2700.
Posted By: Northman Re: Game Changer from Swaro - 07/02/17
I would still prefer the Kowa 32x82 or even more the Doctor 40x80ED, over this.

But, I guess if you have the body, might get the BTX eyepiece as well.
© 24hourcampfire