Home
for a 5.56 AR15? thank you for your help
I assume you are aware of the problem EOTech has had with their products in the past. If not read the link and/or google it. Note these may have been addressed by EOTech but I would do a lot of research before purchasing. I like Aimpoint for my AR15's.

There are others on the campfire with far more experience than I with combat sights and I am sure they will respond with better insight.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/01/21/eotech-breaks-silence-over-defective-sights.html
The issue with Eothech has been documented, the PROBLEM with Eotech is that they knew about it and still supplied units people in harms way knowing that some models experience POI shifts with extreme weather exposure.

Eotech was my go to sight for over a decade, I never had any issues with the 15 or so units ive owned. While I think the sight would sere you well, I just wont support a company who does that.

Sadly Trijicon and Aimpoint have dropped the ball in not releasing an optic with the Eotech reticle which is the biggest draw for me. Sig has, but their optics are not really proven.
FWIW, Id get the 553
you would be smarter to look at another optic. if you can afford the aimpoint H1 its a better choice. Even the new inexpensive sig romeo 4 in my hands has been reliable, but for a primary rifle aimpoint.
Years back I was in charge of an armory overseas, that had a bunch of Eotechs for our M4A1s, and belt fed MGs.

They were constantly going down, with the contact points coming out with the batteries.

We tried numerous different batteries, cleaning the compartments, etc, etc. Pretty much anything we could think of.

They failed left and right. I had a PILE of dead Eotechs, and extremely unhappy guys.

The punchline is that they knew about the issue and would not address is or back up their product.

I eventually went with a low power variable on my issued M4, which was a far superior all around optic, than any RDO.

If I was going to use an RDO, hands down, it would be an Aimpoint. I could never recommend an Eotech to anyone but an enemy.
Brian, Thanks for brining this up

You know I wish I had known about this before I bought one, I really felt the expiation in the package was hokey to begin with and now reading the link above WTF are they saying its ok we know its junk but buy it anyway ?????? I did buy the Aim Point before reading this the fuzzy circle dot on the EOTech drove me nuts, I probably wont even waste the time shooting with it now, I was going to do a side by side comparison.

I don't do eotech stuff, either. I'll use some rds systems, but much prefer an etched reticle w/optional illum, and 1-4x. I really like Elcans, in spite of the weight. .
© 24hourcampfire