Home
I'm looking for a new scope to put on my Tikka 22-250 when it arrives. I've narrowed it down to these two scopes .
1. Leupold vx3i 4.5-14x50 30 mm tube with CDS and side focus and wind plex reticle
2. Burris Veracity 4-20x50 with the MAD system
I own several Leupolds and they are great and I own one Burris xtr ii and love it but I'm trying to stay in the $600 range for a scope at this time. Which would someone recommend that has experience with both scopes?
I have the Leupold VX 3 but not the CDS and I have two Veracitys.

My take is that the Burris is slightly brighter but that the VX3 might be a tad crisper.

Since I have grown accustomed to ballistic reticles instead of turning knobs, I really like the FFP of the Burris.
I have a VX-3 4.5-14x50 30mm side focus, and a Veracity 5-25x50 with the MAD turrets.

The Leupold has much clearer glass to my eyes, the glass quality is the only real complaint I have about the burris. I'd say it depends upon what you want to do with the rifle and scope, the veracity is much more akin to the nightforce and sightrons I have when it comes to twisting turrets, it's basically a tactical scope. The burris is also a lot heavier. The SCR MOA reticle is a lot better than the windplex for holdoffs and ranging. My veracity resides on a heavy varmint contour remington prairie dog rifle, the VX3 on a light sporter .223.

For a walking around rifle I'd go for the leupold, if I were planning on dialing a lot then the burris no doubt. If you own an XCRII already then you pretty much know what you're getting with the veracity. The veracity is the same except a 30mm tube and no illumination on the reticle. The turrets are a little different but I've got no complaints with the MAD turrets, and I like that they're lower profile. The veracity does only have one revolution on the elevation turret but that's not a factor for me with the rifle I have it on.
I like the Leupold, good scope for the price.
© 24hourcampfire