Home
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Shotgun scopes - 04/14/17
Thinking of scope a turkey gun. Anybody with experience?
What brand and model work best. Thanks
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/14/17
I have been using a Aimpoint for years.
Posted By: RLA Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/14/17
1-4x20 Leupold Shotgun scope.
Posted By: cdb Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/14/17
Originally Posted by RLA

I've got a Burris FastFire III on my turkey gun but as soon as funds are available will get the Leupold with the Turkey Plex reticle.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/15/17
I've used a Redfield 2-7 5 Star, junk, broke the reticle twice. Leupold 2-7 shotgun scope works fine and I have a new EOTech that I haven't mounted. I liked the last one but it chit the bed, some sort of illumination issue, got the new one for half price from EOtech ($250) plus the $220 for the original one is $470, a lot for a turkey scope, I hope this one lasts. A lot of guys like the Burris FF I believe. Good luck.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/15/17
Leupold M8 2.5X COMPACT

My son's gift to me many years ago. Sure has shot many a turkey! Love it.

Posted By: bhemry Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/16/17
Anybody with experience?

I've had a lot of experience with different scopes on my shotgun for deer hunting, but I only ever went turkey hunting once. A buddy who loves turkey hunting and wanted me to try it, guided me.

I used a Burris Signature 1.5-6X thinking the wide field of view and long eye relief would be great. Ended up circling a flock and waiting/ luring them our way. Since we had plenty of time, I ended up shooting him in the head with the scope set on 6X from 33 yards.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/16/17
Used a Pentax 2.5x for years
Posted By: Everyday Hunter Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/16/17
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RLA

That works very well for me on my 870 ShurShot.

Steve.
Posted By: duckhunter175 Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/16/17
I like a red dot on a turkey gun- I've used a Vortex SPARC and Venom both with good results.

If you must have some magnification I don't think you can beat Leupold VX-1 for the price point. I've used the Bushnell and Nikon shotgun scopes on my slug gun but I'm always coming back to the gold ring for slugs.
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/18/17
Anybody using leuapold turkey reticle?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/18/17
I have a Weaver 1-5 power shotgun scope with the diamond shaped reticle. Works very nicely.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/18/17
I put a Leupold 1-4 shotgun scope on a 9 mm carbine and really like it. Really quick with it set down at 2X or so.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/18/17
Leupold 2.5x Ultralight
Posted By: buntingmiester Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/18/17
I use one on a squirrel rifle , 2.5x, 452 CZ Scout. out to 50yds., a limb sheekin is in TROUBLE!
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/18/17
Aimpoint. Been using one for 15 years. I upgraded along the way, but to what I felt was an Aimpoint that would better suit my needs.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/19/17
I have a Leupold 2-7x33 Rifleman with a turkey plex reticle on a Savage 24.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Shotgun scopes - 04/19/17
I've had a 2.5x 20mm Leupold compact scope on a Mossberg 500A turkey gun since 2001. Love it..... But this one has what Leupold calls a "Turkey Ranger Reticle" but I don't see that reticle listed anymore. Now it's just called "turkey reticle" IIRC and it looks different than mine. The old "turkey ranger" is just a heavy post and duplex that subtends 9" from the top of the center post to the crosshair intersection at 40 yds. (9" = distance from top of an average turkey's head to base of its neck).I suppose that new turkey reticle works good also but I have no experience with that one. I'd have to say any of the 2.5x 20mm Leupolds would serve you well. I've got a second one with a standard heavy duplex that's been on a 12 ga. slug gun since 1989 and neither scope has ever given me a problem.
© 24hourcampfire