Home
Question for the crew here. Has anyone had experience with having an M1 elevation turret installed on a VX-II or a newer VX-R? I'm considering a purchase of the VX-R and sending to Leupold for the turret install.. Was wondering if the clicks are not positive or working worth a sh*t. My guess is a positive movement of the reticle is a function of the internals, not the externals.

Thanks,

Lee
What I would suggest is to just buy the scope and try it as is. Lots of us have bought VX-R's and found them to dial very accurately.
The M1 design is really for shooters that need to dial past 15 MOA and back regularly. Unless that's what you need, you may well find it works quite well as made. E
I purchased my 4-12 x 40 VX-R with the CDS turret. I ordered the free custom cap with larger MOA print and a zero stop. It only gives me one full turn but that is all I need. Just a thought.....
The VX-R seems to work just fine from the factory.

The M1 dial is very "positive" and easy to use. It may be a worthwhile addition for your needs if you plan to dial all the time.
© 24hourcampfire