Home
Posted By: garCH Dead Ringer scopes?? - 06/06/17
After deer hunting and shooting over 40 years I thought I knew something about every riflescope brand out there. Not so! a friend in another state I am helping introduce to hunting just bought a Mossberg Patriot 30-06 combo that came with a Dead Ringer 3-9x40 already mounted. Oh well.

Never heard of Dead Ringer. I assume it's a cheapo, and I am of the opinion that a cheapo current rifle can be fine--but not a scope.

My question is this: Anyone out there familiar enough with Dead Ringer to affirm or refute my inclination to suggest he replace it with something not too expensive but more dependable, brighter, and with better eye relief like a used/discounted Grand Slam, VX-3, Conquest, S-II etc? He is a young family man. May be taking him to Nebraska this November.

looking more for feedback on Dead Ringer than for recommended alternatives

Thanks
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Dead Ringer scopes?? - 06/07/17
I have some experience with them, and recommend he replace it.
Posted By: garCH Re: Dead Ringer scopes?? - 06/07/17
thanks John
Posted By: 7Point Re: Dead Ringer scopes?? - 11/16/18
My Dead Ringer 3-9x40 is crap. I attempted to sight it in today and no matter how many time I moved the dials it still floated around inside. I am not sure what happen to it since it is brand new or if it was just bad out of the box when they sold me the package deal. Garbage, Garbage, Garbage is all I can say. Never in my whole time of shooting have I ever had a sight where no matter how many time I moved the dials the site would float around. I recommend getting a new one as well for myself.

Will
Posted By: kecatt Re: Dead Ringer scopes?? - 11/17/18
I have looked at the dead ringer scopes on package guns at the LGS. I'm not impressed and think there are a lot of better options out there.
I just recently bought a Hawke 3-9x40 off amazon for $54 and for the money it's really good. might take a look.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WN26AR...QNFN2&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
© 24hourcampfire