Home
Posted By: CJC73 Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/03/17
Debating on a new scope and ran across this online. Thoughts?

VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm (30mm) Side Focus CDS in either Duplex or WindPlex for $450 Free shipping
Posted By: tomt53 Re: Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/03/17
That is a good price, Midway is selling it for $599.99. I picked up mine at a LGS for $475 out the door. It's going on my Tikka 22-250 8-twist when it gets here.
Posted By: gundog Re: Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/03/17
That's a good price - plus free shipping.

I have the exact scope in both reticle options (duplex and wind plex) with the CDS + AO (adjustable objective). Love them both. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either reticle - just pick the one you like the best - there isn't a wrong choice.

gundog
No experience with the vx3i. The vx3 is good though.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/05/17
I have a few of them. I like them. That is a good price for that scope.
Picked up a VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm (30mm) non CDS last year for under $400 and like it quite a bit. Would def. get another one
Posted By: highridge1 Re: Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/07/17
Excellent scope !!
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/07/17
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
No experience with the vx3i. The vx3 is good though.

Have both, can't tell any difference. If there is a difference, my eye's can't pick it up.

DF
Posted By: MrFurious Re: Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/09/17
Currently have a VX-3i LRP 8.5-25x50 in for review. One thing I've noticed is that it's pretty sensitive when it comes to proper eye alignment. My older VX-3 6.5-20x50 is much more forgiving in this regard when at the same magnification. I do really like the very simple zero stop setup they put on the LRP's though.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Leupold VX3i opinioins - 07/09/17
Good scopes for the money. The glass is good and color really stands out. I tried out the CDS version and did not like it at all, I didn't trust that it would hold up to much turret twisting and didn't care for the "custom BDC turret" design, no zero stop, etc..... Just felt cheap.

If I were after a scope close to that price range that was turret twisting friendly, I would look at SWFA. Or keep saving.
© 24hourcampfire