Home
Posted By: nuguy MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/17/17
Does Meopta do reticle changes? How much?
Posted By: sako706 Re: MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/17/17
I have called them about doing changes and they will only work on scopes that are currently in production. So, forget about retrofits if it is not something they still list as currently in production.
Posted By: tarheelpwr Re: MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/17/17
I emailed when I saw a GREAT deal on a plex scope. They told me they would not put a #4 in it. I took that to mean they do not perform swaps since the same scope was offered with a #4.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/17/17
They do not have anything resembling a custom shop. They have production lines in Europe and the US . I have had to send one scope in once(Ebay fraud sold a broken scope) and they exchanged it for a new one
Posted By: nuguy Re: MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/17/17
Ok thanks. I called Meopta today and was told I could leave a voice mail or to call back Thursday when the person who addressed that sort of thing would be there.
Posted By: Alex38 Re: MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/18/17
Please keep us updated. I have a Meopro that I'd like to change from a plex to a BDC if they'll do it.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/18/17
I tried to get them to work on a pair of Cabela's Euro Binos, which are the same as the Meostars. They refused even when I offered to pay. They said they have to go back overseas and it would be to expensive. They referred me back to Cabela's. I would expect the same answer if your scope is a Meostar. I'm curious what the answer will be if it is a Meopro. They obviously have the means to do the work on Meopros here. I'd like to get some #4s installed.
Posted By: backtobethel Re: MEOPTA RETICLE CHANGE - 07/19/17
I could be wrong, but I don't think they do any work in the US anymore. I contacted them in December and they said if I wanted a reticle change, it would have to be there before the end of the year (2016). They said all work was being moved back to the Czech republic at the beginning of 2017.
© 24hourcampfire