Home
Posted By: Birddogcatfish Tract 22 Fire reviews - 10/19/17
Does anybody have good or bad feedback?

I have a Kidd .22 that I need some glass. I've briefly handled the 22 Fire indoors and it seemed nice.

I also have to decide between magnification and duplex vs bdc reticle. I'm leaning towards the bdc
The gun will be primarily used as a plinker and small woodland forest creatures
Posted By: covejeepsxj Re: Tract 22 Fire reviews - 10/20/17
Subscribed.

I am also curious about them. I have a few .22's that are waiting for new glass. I would love to get my hands on one prior to buying.
Posted By: bhoges Re: Tract 22 Fire reviews - 10/20/17
I mounted 2 of them for my buddy. Both on custom Ruger 10/22. Excellent glass extremely sharp. Even at 50 yards I could spot 22 bullet holes. He has done a few 22 shoots with them and loves them. Great bang for the buck.
Which version and reticle did he choose?
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Tract 22 Fire reviews - 10/20/17
I purchased a 22Fire 3-9 w/ BDC to put on a bolt action Kimber 82c, but the bolt knob hit the rubber knob of the power ring when on high 9x power, so I put the scope on a 10/22.
Posted By: covejeepsxj Re: Tract 22 Fire reviews - 10/20/17
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
I purchased a 22Fire 3-9 w/ BDC to put on a bolt action Kimber 82c, but the bolt knob hit the rubber knob of the power ring when on high 9x power, so I put the scope on a 10/22.

What are your thoughts on it? Do you have any pictures?
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Tract 22 Fire reviews - 10/20/17
For a rifle that would be used in the hunting fields, I think the BDC would be a large advantage. Whether for tree squirrels or ground squirrels, the small targets and loopy trajectory call for accurate hold over and the BDC just makes that dead simple. If it's mainly for range use, specific distance, or you're a "twister", then I'd go with the T-plex. This will probably be going on to my next 22 build. I don't expect the glass to be as nice as my Toric but I suspect it will exceed the quality of the last couple "rimfire" scopes that were in this price range.
© 24hourcampfire