Home
Hi guy I have a problem when I sight in my rifle it shoot 6inches high I had the right bases and rings put on it savage 110 300 Winchester I was wondering what I can do to bring it down lower I have tried two scope and still shooting high scopes are out of adjustment if anyone can help please.
thank you
Try burris signature rings with the appropriate inserts in to bring the rear of the scope down (I think :))
Reset Mechanical Zero

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...0BCED8CB04819F55D7EF0BCED8&FORM=VIRE

shooting high at what range ?

Study up on the concept of Burris Signature rings......

A 300 Win should not be much fun to sight in.......

load some Trailboss loads to get it on paper.....
There are two Savage 110 actions, one with a FLAT on the rear of the action and the other with a ROUNDED rear of the action, be sure you have the correct bases for the action you have.

Flat rear are the older pre Accue trigger actions.......

Round rear (RR) are current Salvage actions
Get Talley split rings and bases.
I have a Savage 110 243 on a long action. Back when the rifle was purchased there were no short actions. I had the same problem and used Burris Signature Zee rings with the +20 insert in the front ring an the -10 in the rear. To explain the inserts, I used the +/-20 insert with the + on the bottom of the front ring and the +/-10 with the -10 on the bottom in the rear ring. This angles the front of the scope up so the point of impact will be lower. With the reticle centered before mounting I had the elevation almost dead on at 100 yards.
Thanks guys I tried the shim trick it worked perfect mine is the rounded receiver
© 24hourcampfire