Home
Got out a brand new (as in had to take the cellophane wrapper off box) VX-6 3-18x50mm CDS ZL illuminated blah blah this past weekend to mount on Tikka 300wm superlite. I get everything mounted, leveled within a RCH to the elevation turret, and tightened up. Look through scope and see this. Crosshairs rotated clockwise relative to elevation turret, not good if you plan to use the CDS mad

I know they will make it right, their CS is good, but how does this make it through QC without being seen?! Pretty obvious.

[Linked Image]
They're still one of the best but slowly losing their grip on sales. I've noticed a trend of people on the Fire being more open to other scopes recently(last 6 months)and not just considering others but buying them. I think Tract is becoming a major player along w/others that keep Leupold from being a hands down choice. powdr
I've had more than one new VX-6 straight out of the shrink wrapped box with a canted reticle.
QC is sheit. Erectors are sheit.
The last leupold I purchased had the same problem, very noticeable canted reticle.
Is that not the wind plex reticle?
Oops I missed the canted part.
So the reticle automatically compensates for an easternly wind when using the drop graticules, cool.

What happens when you get a blow from the west though?
Originally Posted by cotis
Got out a brand new (as in had to take the cellophane wrapper off box) VX-6 3-18x50mm CDS ZL illuminated blah blah this past weekend to mount on Tikka 300wm superlite. I get everything mounted, leveled within a RCH to the elevation turret, and tightened up. Look through scope and see this. Crosshairs rotated clockwise relative to elevation turret, not good if you plan to use the CDS mad

I know they will make it right, their CS is good, but how does this make it through QC without being seen?! Pretty obvious.

[Linked Image]

That's why you level/plumb with the reticle, not off the turret.........re-do and check tracking.....
your in the northern hemishpere right????

It's designed to make up for the Coriolis effect, the ones they ship to Australia are canted the other way...
Originally Posted by Mjduct
your in the northern hemishpere right????

It's designed to make up for the Coriolis effect, the ones they ship to Australia are canted the other way...

I hunted on the Equator once. I made sure all my scopes were square to the turrets.

Years of experience sure has my back. whistle crazy
Originally Posted by TomM1
So the reticle automatically compensates for an easternly wind when using the drop graticules, cool.

Lean the rifle the other way..........

[Linked Image]

Have a brand new VX5 2-10 does the same thing.
Originally Posted by TomM1

Shoot south.
Originally Posted by rgrx1276

[Linked Image]

Have a brand new VX5 2-10 does the same thing.

Crap. Now I gotta look at mine.
I think I'd prefer it that way.
Must be made in China.
Must be made in China.
That's disappointing...
I just installed a VX-6 3-18X50 with T-MOA reticle 171576 on my 6.5X300 MK V Wby and it is perfect. Sorry to hear about the problem with yours.
I like the integral green lasrer though
I have fifteen or more leupold’s. Never a problem yet
Leupolds are like asbestos. Once you disturb it from its resting place there is no putting it back like it was.
Whew! Mine's okay.

Hope it stays that way!
Originally Posted by ringworm
I like the integral green laser though

That would be the audio keypad power light in my garage. Funny though!
Scope looks canted to me.
Send it back. If they eat enough of them maybe they will wake up. I had a Vortex Viper with the same issue and a Nikon Monarch 3 that couldn't be zero'd. I have had good luck with a couple of Weavers lately.
It looks like the reticle is square with the windbag and side focus knobs, maybe the elevation knob is not seated square.
Looks like the crosshairs are square and plumb with your turrets. Sometimes scopes rotate in rings during tightening. Level your reticle not off a small bubble level on a turret.
© 24hourcampfire