Home
I got a flyer in the mail today with some great deals on scopes (and other gear).
Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25X50 RZ800 $500 off - $699.99. Thursday, Nov. 9 only.
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10X42 Plex $430 off - $499.99. Sunday, Nov. 19 only.
Burris MTAC-30 4.5-14X42 $300 off - $249.99. Wednesday, Nov.15 only.
Vortex Viper HS Long Range 4-16X44 Dead Hold BDC (30mm) $200 off - $349.99.
Leupold VX2 4-12X40 Long Range Duplex $150 off - $249.99.
Plus a bunch of others.
I don't work for Cabelas but I thought some of you might like to get some good deals.
Thank you for the heads up.
Thanks. I bought a 6.5 Creedmore Ruger Predator today and that VX2 4 x 12 x 40 Leupold with the Long Range Duplex Reticle is exactly what I was looking for!
I just picked up a Leupold VX-1 2-7 'x 33 for $139.99 I picked it up at the store but at the time, they were offering free shipping. it's amazing how little the people that work there know about the sales.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Thanks. I bought a 6.5 Creedmore Ruger Predator today and that VX2 4 x 12 x 40 Leupold with the Long Range Duplex Reticle is exactly what I was looking for!

That is definitely tempting. I probably have enough Cabela's points to get it for nothing.

donsm70
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2347383&type=product

Picked up this scope - wow amazing clarity compared to my leica er and zeiss diavari from afternoon to dusk. Too bad moa elevation is limited to 43 or so.
Yuro, thanks for posting . I've got two CVA's that need scopes . Looks hard to beat for the money.
Posted By: jt402 Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/08/17
FYI, a while back, I went to Cabelas for a scope. They had the 4200 Elites on sale for about $165 on line and something over $300 in the store. I asked the clerk if they price matched. He said yes, and wanted to know who had them cheaper than Cabelas. I told him, Cabelas on line. They got the store manager in on that one, and I ended up with the scope for just under $150 with tax. Never expected that to fly, but it did.

Jack
Tex, you won’t be disappointed. Built quality is Meopta.
Posted By: CJC73 Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/08/17
is that 43 MOA total elevation or +/-43?
CJ - total
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I got a flyer in the mail today with some great deals on scopes (and other gear).
Plus a bunch of others.
I don't work for Cabelas but I thought some of you might like to get some good deals.

I can't find that Burris. Does anyone have a link?
Posted By: CJC73 Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/08/17
http://www.cabelas.com/product/BURRIS-MTAC-X-X/1911875.uts?slotId=0

I think. I was in a Cabela's Monday and it was $399. But hoping it's the side focus model like this one but this doesn't show the magnification listed in the ad even though it says this is the MTAC30

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Burris-MTAC-Riflescope/1314488.uts?slotId=1

Going in tomorrow to get a vortex HSLR probably
Posted By: valad Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/08/17
PaulBarnard: I got this flyer in the mail. I think this sale runs Nov 9 - 22 and that is when you'd see that price.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Plus a bunch of others.

I can't find that Burris. Does anyone have a link?

Here's the link but that one is on sale Nov. 15th only.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Burris-MTAC-Riflescope/1314488.uts?slotId=1

Oh crap, the 4.5-16 isn't on that link. You could try calling them.
Posted By: bryguy Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/09/17
http://www.cabelas.com/product/BURRIS-MTAC-X-X/1911875.uts?slotId=0

here is the one listed in the add...........

screw Cabelas..........

call Doug..............
Originally Posted by bryguy

Interesting that in the ad they say the regular price is $549. On their website they list the regular price at $299.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

screw Cabelas..........

call Doug..............

Well said.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/10/17

Screw 'em both.
That's a lot of screwing for an optics thread.
So I stopped at my local Cabelas to take a look at the Burris in question....Found it and the sticker said $559,00...I talked to the gal at the counter and told her I was confused...She said that it was indeed on sale for $299.00 and on the 15th was going down to $249.00..

Seems the $299.00 sale is over,but as they are trying to close them out they just left the price at $299,but just didn't tell anybody..LOL Confusing...

Seemed very clear and bright to me and the size is just about right...

It has a weird reticle..The horizontal and top vertical are in half mills,while the bottom vertical is in BDC.. Not sure I like that...

I also wasn't enthralled with the turrets.. While they may be just fine,they did seem to me to be on par with cheaper scopes...After researching,I haven't been able to find any negative reviews on tracking though..

Still thinking...
So I went down and picked me up the Burris this morning..I was first into the store cause I wasn't sure how many they had in stock..

It is starting to grow on me and I am liking it more all the time...Looks pretty slick without huge emblems and white letters...Everything on it is low keyed..

Put it on my 260 Ackley where it will get a workout..

[Linked Image]

As soon as it quits raining I am off to do a tracking test...I think for the price I did GOOD>> wink
Posted By: CJC73 Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/16/17
Yep...I picked one up too....a burris m-tac and a viper hslr.
Originally Posted by jt402
FYI, a while back, I went to Cabelas for a scope. They had the 4200 Elites on sale for about $165 on line and something over $300 in the store. I asked the clerk if they price matched. He said yes, and wanted to know who had them cheaper than Cabelas. I told him, Cabelas on line. They got the store manager in on that one, and I ended up with the scope for just under $150 with tax. Never expected that to fly, but it did.

Jack

I've done the same thing with optics as well as other items, but each time the store employees had no idea at all about the net sale going on at that time.
Posted By: RGK Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/17/17
Waiting for the 19th to grab a Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42mm...with points, free shipping and military discount it'll set me back less than $300.00. I like that.
Bob
$499 for the zeiss hd-5 2-10 today. Does anyone know if zeiss or Kenton will still retrofit a target turret on these?
You guys that can just walk or drive over to a Cabela's are killin' me. 2 BassPro's here. NO Cabela's.
Posted By: RGK Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/19/17
Originally Posted by local_dirt
You guys that can just walk or drive over to a Cabela's are killin' me. 2 BassPro's here. NO Cabela's.

Got my Zeiss HD5 on-line. Set up an account and you're good to go. My account automatically factors in military discount and current sales.
Bob
Posted By: bludog Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/19/17
I also got the HD5 today, seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.
I really like the Burris C4 and E1 scopes a lot

They seem to be tough and a very good value

Hank
Posted By: tmitch Re: Great scope sale at Cabelas - 11/20/17
Anyone know the total tube length on these? Checked a couple websites but can't find it. I need about 6" of tube to mount to the rifle I'm thinking mounting it to.

I don't want them to put one in my state, they'll start adding sales tax if they do and everything automatically goes up 7%.
If you have a BassPro in your state, they're already adding sales tax now.

It looks like you're right, I guess I haven't ordered anything from them since they got in bed with Bass Pro. I just went to their website and started an order just to see if they tried to add tax and it did. The last time I ordered from them was a scope back in February from my order history and no tax was charged then.

Well that sucks. Scratch Cabelas off the ordering list for most things now.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

It looks like you're right, I guess I haven't ordered anything from them since they got in bed with Bass Pro. I just went to their website and started an order just to see if they tried to add tax and it did. The last time I ordered from them was a scope back in February from my order history and no tax was charged then.

Well that sucks. Scratch Cabelas off the ordering list for most things now.

Crow, I hear ya. It's a pisser. Espectially since we don't have any Cabela's here. I've had 6 orders from Cabela's this year so far, starting in June. Last before that was 2015.

June 2017 - no tax
Sept 2017 - no tax (3 different orders)
Oct 2017 - no tax

Last 2 orders on Nov 20, 2017 were taxed.

Brave new world.
© 24hourcampfire