Home
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Here it is... - 11/22/17
https://swfa.com/blackfriday2017
Posted By: prm Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Oh boy...my wallet is getting warm.
Posted By: skeen Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
I'm not even in the market but am going to buy one of their SS scopes anyways just to see what all the hoopla is about.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Another generous offering.

Anyone tried the mil scale binoculars?
Posted By: Holston Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
How are their rings?

Think I had 2 sets but ended up giving them away without paying much attention to them last time.
Posted By: Travis13 Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
3x9HD or 3x15........that is the question
Posted By: hanco Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Alright
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
wow Nikon for under 100 bucks!
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by Holston
How are their rings?

Think I had 2 sets but ended up giving them away without paying much attention to them last time.

They are Burris XTR rings....so, cheap, crude, bulky, but functional.

There is literally not a single thing in that ad that trips my trigger.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Grinch.................
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Don't be scared off by the typo on the ad page. They're listing MOA-QUADs (10 and 6) with 1/4 MIL adjustments. Link within the ad still shows MOA adjustments so I'd guess it's just a typo.
Posted By: Mjduct Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
You sure it’s not a throwback listing to the good old mil-dot/MOA adjustment days smile
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by Mjduct
You sure it’s not a throwback listing to the good old mil-dot/MOA adjustment days smile

I think they had some of those listed in the ad as a closeout.
Posted By: passport Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
tag
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
wow Nikon for under 100 bucks!

Finally they are priced where they should be. wink
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by Holston
How are their rings?

They are Burris XTR rings....so, cheap, crude, bulky, but functional.

There is literally not a single thing in that ad that trips my trigger.

IIRC they are not exactly identical to XTRs. Functional is what I'd call them.

I want a 10X MilQuad this year but my wad is suffering already!
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
I'll be ordering two scopes....
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

They differ only in top cap profile. The caps will interchange.
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

They differ only in top cap profile. The caps will interchange.

Is not there variations in the clamp? IIRC the XTR lows have an inset configuration whereas the SWFAs don't. The nut appears different too. Been awhile since I did my analysis. Possibly it's a 30mm vs 1" thing? I've only had 30mm SWFAs.

Anyhoot, figuring same China factory. If Burris horns someone up then so should SWFA - for a fraction. They work.

Burris XTR
[Linked Image]

SWFA
[Linked Image]
Looks like they have changed the clamp somewhat. The pairs that I have had were identical minus the profile, to the extent even the caps interchanged. Either way, they are serviceable, worth about what they cost,I suppose.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Here it is... - 11/22/17
I found the SWFA included rings to be serviceable, but not rings that I would have chosen to buy separate from the scope--and not rings that I would have paid money for. The alloy felt cheap, the ring to ring fit was only fair and the clamp bore unevenly on both the scope rail and the ring body. They're free for a reason. Also, they are true Picatinny rings; the pair I received in last year's Black Friday sale would not fit the Weaver slot of a set of Warne Maxima bases I had.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Here it is... - 11/23/17
TAG
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Here it is... - 11/23/17
Originally Posted by skeen
I'm not even in the market but am going to buy one of their SS scopes anyways just to see what all the hoopla is about.

That's what I was thinking too.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
Its happening.......

3-9x42 HD inbound.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
10X on da way.

Code ship49 works for free shipping. I think that's a new treat during a sale... Thanks Chris!

Anyone want to buy a bubble level?
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
I figured you'd get a 16x due to being 1.6x better.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I figured you'd get a 16x due to being 1.6x better.

They are like two scopes in one, 6x and 10x.
Posted By: skeen Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Alright, I bought a SS 6x42 just for the hell of it.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17

What height rings did you get?
Posted By: Yondering Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17

Same. I went for a 10x and a 1-4x. Was planning on a 10x and 6x, but changed to the 1-4x last minute. Mistake or not? I liked the idea of the ranging reticle in the 1-4x, and it'll go on a 308 AR that's more of an all-around rifle than long range rig. I haven't warmed up to the idea of fixed 6x all the time, but if they're really as good as some say maybe I should get one of those too.

I got low rings for the 10X, since it'll be mounted to a 20 MOA riser on an AR and those "low" rings aren't super low anyway. The 1-4x came with the cantilever SSALT mount.

I wasn't super impressed with the optics in these SS scopes when trying out a couple other guy's rifles in a long range class, especially at low light, but figured with all the talk here I better try them on my own rifles to see what's what. If I don't like them I'll list 'em in the classifieds.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
I ordered one 12x42 MOA QUAD. Choose the mid-height rings just 'cause. Already have set of light Tallys for this new scope.

Scopes going on a .243 plinker.
Posted By: NH_Sharpshooter Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
1-4 on the way!
Posted By: skeen Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by FishinHank

I went with Lows. Kinda' irked now that I see MtnBoomer's post about free shipping. They got me for $7 bucks.
Posted By: elkaddict Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
Ordered a 1x6, 6x and 16x. 16 will be a load development scope, the 1x6 for a Remington pump or AR10, and the 6x just because....:)
Posted By: z1r Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
Thanks for the free shipping code!
Posted By: timl Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
Thought it over for days..6x, 10x, or 3-9...for a "do it all" 308. Finally decided I wanted the flexibility of a variable...got a 3-9 on the way.
Posted By: prm Re: Here it is... - 11/24/17
I have a 3-9 on the way
Originally Posted by FishinHank

I went with Lows. Kinda' irked now that I see MtnBoomer's post about free shipping. They got me for $7 bucks.

Not only is the free shipping code new but seems the $8-11 options are too. IIRC it was $17ish the last few years.

Well, I am kinda irked I did not prepare properly this year and finding myself craving another 3-9!

Nevermind. I just ordered a 3-9! I am done for till about Black Friday 2018!
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: Here it is... - 11/25/17
Originally Posted by prm
I have a 3-9 on the way

Great scope. I used it this year. I ordered 2nd 3-9. I may order one every year to replace my hunting scopes.

I also bought a 3-15 for a target rifle.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Here it is... - 11/25/17
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
Originally Posted by prm
I have a 3-9 on the way

Great scope. I used it this year. I ordered 2nd 3-9. I may order one every year to replace my hunting scopes.

Does anyone have any issue with the short eye relief when this scope is cranked to 9x? I debated off and on with this scope and held off because of the ER. Ended up buying a 10x42mm to try out.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Here it is... - 11/25/17
Had never heard of these scopes before,so ordered halfa dozen the other day,to see what all the fuss is about,

Are they weather resistant?

Thanks!......................
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Here it is... - 11/25/17
Only if you don't break off the spin-knob on the side. Good to see you're drinking the water you've been led to...
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Here it is... - 11/25/17
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by prm
I have a 3-9 on the way

Does anyone have any issue with the short eye relief when this scope is cranked to 9x? I debated off and on with this scope and held off because of the ER. Ended up buying a 10x42mm to try out.

First I've heard of it. A bit of tunnel on 3X is a common observation though.
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: Here it is... - 11/25/17
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by prm
I have a 3-9 on the way

No issues with eye relief. Has a really nice FOV even at 9x.
Posted By: JGray Re: Here it is... - 11/25/17
Had to see what all this SWFA goodness is y'all keep talking about, so ordered the 3-9x42 yesterday. Problem is now I'll probably have to order up a Barrett Fieldcraft to put under it... whistle
Posted By: prm Re: Here it is... - 11/26/17
Originally Posted by prm
I have a 3-9 on the way

3-15 would have been nice for the 6.5. I look forward to it. Wondering if there is a meaningful difference with the Nightforce SHV. Clarity. Durability.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Here it is... - 11/26/17
Snagged a 10x MQ....
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Here it is... - 11/27/17
or, if you want an unmitigated piece of crap fixed 6, you can get a leupold 6x36 today on optics planet for $266 and theyll send you a $25 gift card to boot.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Here it is... - 11/27/17
I love my 6x scopes but the physical size is a pita.

I've been tempted by the 3-9 even though it doesn't give me any size advantage to speak of.

Those of you that have the SS 3-9, do you like it? Prefer over the 6x? Thoughts?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Here it is... - 11/27/17
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I've been tempted by the 3-9 even though it doesn't give me any size advantage to speak of.

Those of you that have the SS 3-9, do you like it? Prefer over the 6x? Thoughts?

Get one, they're absolutely great!
Posted By: mathman Re: Here it is... - 11/27/17
I wish the 3-9 was parallax adjustable.
Posted By: prm Re: Here it is... - 11/27/17

Let you know in a few days. Have a 6x, 3-9 on the way.

I'm in search of a scope I can trust to stay pointed where its supposed to, within a reasonable expectation. My expectation is to maintain zero if it slides off a tree, is accidently dropped, or has a couple thousand shots in a light rifle. The 6x has been good so far. Corrections are spot on, glass is good to me, reticle works better than my first impression led me to think. It is heavier than I'd prefer and the knobs are ridiculously large.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Here it is... - 11/27/17
Didn't stick or someone devise a way to make a zero-stop for SS scopes?
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Here it is... - 11/27/17
Hose washers.
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: Here it is... - 11/28/17

I have both. The 3-9 is a little smaller. The turrets are tactile but not very audible. The glass is really good. The reticle at 6X is thicker than than the fixed 6. I think they got the mil quad reticle perfect on 3-9.
Posted By: prm Re: Here it is... - 11/28/17

I have both. The 3-9 is a little smaller. The turrets are tactile but not very audible. The glass is really good. The reticle at 6X is thicker than than the fixed 6. I think they got the mil quad reticle perfect on 3-9.

All good to hear. Thanks.
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Here it is... - 11/28/17
I ordered a 6x and a 1-4x. Also took advantage of 10% off yesterday and ordered a few small items.
© 24hourcampfire