Home
Posted By: luv2safari Maven Optics Question - 12/04/17
Has anyone here had experience with a Maven product?

What's your opinion on the general quality and optics quality?

I'm close to buying a B1 10X42 Binox set.
Posted By: ShakyHands Re: Maven Optics Question - 12/04/17
Disclosure, I dont have any experience with their optics because I would never buy a product from a company such Maven, Tract Optics etc.

In my opinion, Maven is just another Tract optics ... couple of guys running business out of their "garage" sort to speak hyped up by the other forum where they sponsor the optics section.

They dont make any glass, they just source glass around and try to undersell the competition by using cheap components and cheap Asian labor. Not a viable business model if you ask me.

If that is what you are comfortable with, go for it, you may save a few bucks.

The chances are, they wont be around for long so forget some warranty etc as they will be long gone when you may need them.

So if you dont want to pay for a high quality product from an established company, (Swaro, Zeiss, Meopta etc), dont expect Swaro quality for half the price ... thats MeOpta by the way

Just my opinion.
Posted By: BradArnett Re: Maven Optics Question - 12/04/17
never heard of them til now
Posted By: wwy Re: Maven Optics Question - 12/04/17
I've had a pair of their 12 x 56 for a while now. Slightly heavier than many European models but they are great binoculars, very comfortable to spend hours behind them. I've also spent a good amount of time behind the 11x version and I'm equally impressed with them. Before I got an outdoorsman's adapter I had the Maven adapter and lost part of it. Sent the remaining parts back to them and had what looked like a brand new one in days. A friend ran over a set with a truck and they replaced those as well. They are pretty good guys to talk to if you have any questions. I have no affiliation with the brand.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Maven Optics Question - 12/04/17
Wasn't real impressed with a new pair my cousin had in W Tx glassing for Mule deer, esp for the price tag. Brightness, clarity, etc was noticeably better in my Cabelas branded Meoptas.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/02/18
I posted this quite a while back and am now ready to buy another pair of binox.

I got replies from two guys who had actually held them and looked through them and one reply from an expert who has never done either, but he knows all about everything.

Given some more time since my first post, maybe other members have had more recent experience.
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/02/18
I bought a pair of the demo 8x30's to try. Before I purchased I had long conversations about the 15mm eye relief, stressing that seemed insufficient for eyeglass use. Maven guy's and their schill on this board repeatedly assured me that the eye relief wouldn't be a problem - if I didn't like them, return them, no problem.

Bino's came in, glass was pretty impressive for a $500 bino, controls were ok. Eye relief was bad, completely incapable of using them with my eyeglasses. I called them up and told them I wanted to return them. The guy I was speaking to was the same one that assured me they would work or I could return them, he asked why I was returning them.

I told him the eye relief was insufficient and he all but said I was lying, going on and on, I was the only customer that had ever had that complaint, etc. Then he started to imply that I had damaged the bino's in some way and stated I would be charged to repair the bino's if they came back damaged in any way.

They later started offering 6x30's with sufficient eye relief and I was considering purchasing a pair, but decided no. Didn't want to deal with them again.

David
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/03/18
This post is disturbing for Maven.

As a direct seller to the public, they are solely rated on how they take care of customers. If they are being fussy, and
acting like that with returns, that is bad.......

I hope Maven reads this thread, I think they do, and the net is the only way they survive.
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/03/18
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I bought a pair of the demo 8x30's to try. Before I purchased I had long conversations about the 15mm eye relief, stressing that seemed insufficient for eyeglass use. Maven guy's and their schill on this board repeatedly assured me that the eye relief wouldn't be a problem - if I didn't like them, return them, no problem.

Bino's came in, glass was pretty impressive for a $500 bino, controls were ok. Eye relief was bad, completely incapable of using them with my eyeglasses. I called them up and told them I wanted to return them. The guy I was speaking to was the same one that assured me they would work or I could return them, he asked why I was returning them.

I told him the eye relief was insufficient and he all but said I was lying, going on and on, I was the only customer that had ever had that complaint, etc. Then he started to imply that I had damaged the bino's in some way and stated I would be charged to repair the bino's if they came back damaged in any way.

They later started offering 6x30's with sufficient eye relief and I was considering purchasing a pair, but decided no. Didn't want to deal with them again.

David

Since that happened to you, I'll never purchase anything from them. If it had happened to me I'd have been stuck with the binos because I'd have taken great offense at being called a liar.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/03/18
Too many good options to have to deal with somebody like that bozo at Maven.
Posted By: WAM Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/03/18
They’ll close their doors like Alpen did one day. No warranty, no service center, just hope they don’t break. None of the crap from China is made to last in my opinion. Happy Trails
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/03/18
Guess you can add Zen Ray to that list too. Sadly.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/03/18
I am by no means a Maven Optics person, and the only time I ever see them for sale is our annual Outdoor Show in Anchorage. I usually stop each year and look at the binos, but for the price they want, I am not impressed. There seems to be a few guys in Alaska that rave about Maven, but I'm not one.
Originally Posted by ShakyHands
Disclosure, I dont have any experience with their optics because I would never buy a product from a company such Maven, Tract Optics etc.

In my opinion, Maven is just another Tract optics ... couple of guys running business out of their "garage" sort to speak hyped up by the other forum where they sponsor the optics section.

They dont make any glass, they just source glass around and try to undersell the competition by using cheap components and cheap Asian labor. Not a viable business model if you ask me.

If that is what you are comfortable with, go for it, you may save a few bucks.

The chances are, they wont be around for long so forget some warranty etc as they will be long gone when you may need them.

So if you dont want to pay for a high quality product from an established company, (Swaro, Zeiss, Meopta etc), dont expect Swaro quality for half the price ... thats MeOpta by the way

Just my opinion.

My opinion too. Lifetime warranty is meaningless if it comes from a start up.
Posted By: wwy Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/04/18
I've got a pair of 12x Mavens. I really like them. I've spent limited time with some 8x and the 11x binos of theirs as well. I sent a broken binocular adapter back and I had it back in my hands repaired within a week. A friend dropped and destroyed a pair of their binoculars. They replaced them no questions asked. I've had a pair of Minox sitting in Germany for over a month with no word, so for me, I'm pretty happy with my Maven experience. They have always been super knowledgeable and helpful when I've talked to them.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/04/18
Originally Posted by wwy
I've got a pair of 12x Mavens. I really like them. I've spent limited time with some 8x and the 11x binos of theirs as well. I sent a broken binocular adapter back and I had it back in my hands repaired within a week. A friend dropped and destroyed a pair of their binoculars. They replaced them no questions asked. I've had a pair of Minox sitting in Germany for over a month with no word, so for me, I'm pretty happy with my Maven experience. They have always been super knowledgeable and helpful when I've talked to them.

Good to hear! When I do see the Maven optics table at our annual Outdoor Show, the two guys always running the booth seem nice and answer any questions you may have. I just do not know anyone personally that has any of their optics. Usually if I have spare money burning a hole in my pocket at the show, it's for a fishing charter.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/04/18
In my experience of 1 pair, they are very responsive until you buy them and don't like them. It will be the only trial
Posted By: koshkin Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/04/18
The only Maven product I have had any sort of serious time with is the RS1 riflescope which I liked quite a lot. Can't say much about the binoculars other than the couple I briefly saw looked very decent for the money (9x45 and 6x30).

ILya
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/06/18
LMAO!...

All these "opinions" from people who never owned them is sure enlightening. crazy

I'd like to thank those who have been using Mavens for their opinions.
Posted By: KH1473 Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/06/18
I have an RS2 scope and it's been great so far, no complaints
Posted By: tcb22 Re: Maven Optics Question - 10/06/18
I like mine, purchased them shortly after they started up. No complaints
© 24hourcampfire