Home
Sierra Trading Post has the Sightron SII 3-9X42 for $109. I was able to use code EMY17 for free shipping. You may have to pay tax, but it should still be around $115 all in.

This is probably one of the best deals I've seen on a solid 3-9X scope. Yeah, I know, no fancy turrets or reticles, old school focus, no sexy colors and no 43X zoom range. But it just might work to go kill some stuff and fill a freezer. A fella could sure do a hell of a lot worse for the money, but I'm not sure they could do better.

Sightron SII Deal
In 3-9x40's the best deals, IMO, are:

Brunton Lite-Tech Yors 3-9x40 - Wire Duplex reticle This is a discountued scope that sold for $149.99 and we are closing these out for $29.99

Hawke is updating some models and SKU #'s which has made these great opportunities:

HawkeEndurance 3-9x40 LER 30/30 #16110 reduced from $229.99 to only $109.99

Hawke Endurance 3-9×40 LER 223/308 #HK6354 reduced from $239.99 to $129.99

Hawke Endurance 3-9×40 LER SLUG #HK6356 reduced from $239.99 to only $129.99

We have 1 of the Leupold 3-9x50 VX-2 #110805's left for only $259.99

If you want to go to 2-10x40 we are offering a deal on the Athlon Argos 2-10x40 in your choice of reticle for only $224.99. This is a call in to order special, 516-217-1000.

I think these are some "BEST BUY" opportunities.

Happy New Year from our Camera Land family to yours smile
Hows the glass compared to leupold VX3
Exact scope I am looking for. Been watching em for about a month , lowest I seen prior to this was 144 with coupon code. Thanks for the link ,ain't checked Sierra in a week or so.
Glass is between vx2 and vx3 level
I had an s1 on a ultra slug hunter 20ga with the 1pd steel recoil bar taken out of the butt stock, shot over 100 rds of the Hastings laser accurate 410gr discarding sabot slugs thru it. Over the period of 3yrs it never lost zero or drifted, tracked per stated click value when initially zeroing it. Never had ta f u k with it after that. Lifetime warranty.
No problem, Renegade. Like I said, maybe not the sexiest option out there, but it's hard to argue with a 10+ year track record of performance.
Gr8ful, I had a guy show up on a hunt and he was filming it for TV, he requested tha I use his Hawke spotting scope. I looked through it for 2 seconds and said “f no”. Biggest POS I’ve looked through in years. This was 3 years ago. They made me tape over the brand name of my scope so they didn’t film it. Maybe they’ve gotten better? I’ll never buy one. That spotter was horrible

SP, what would you compare these Sightron SII scopes to?
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
No problem, Renegade. Like I said, maybe not the sexiest option out there, but it's hard to argue with a 10+ year track record of performance.

I'm really interested but have never looked through a Sightron...any reference on the glass?
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Gr8ful, I had a guy show up on a hunt and he was filming it for TV, he requested tha I use his Hawke spotting scope. I looked through it for 2 seconds and said “f no”. Biggest POS I’ve looked through in years. This was 3 years ago. They made me tape over the brand name of my scope so they didn’t film it. Maybe they’ve gotten better? I’ll never buy one. That spotter was horrible

I appreciate your feedback. Hawke has redesigned and greatly improved their spotting scopes in the past couple of years.
Their riflescopes have received very consistently good reviews and are worth giving a serious look at
I also had an s1 on my .45 kodiak ml, changed it to a vx1 3-9x40 cause i was still a leupold fanboy back then. Didn't have any issues with the s1 on my ml. Have also used s1,s on savage mkII .22,s with bull barrel and they performed excellent on them. I like lock ring ocular versus fast focus ocular. The s1 is fast focus, the s2 is lock ring. The s1 has a solid ocular that has no up and down and side to side reticle wiggle , like alot of fast focus ocular scopes do . Grab an ocular and wiggle it while looking thru it. On some scopes you will be amazed how much reticle shift their is.
I assume a duplex reticle?

I'm a huge sightron fan and have close to ten SIIIs. I've only had one SII and that was about 7 yrs ago, a 6-24x40 IIRC. Glass was very good for the price point, eye box wasn't super generous - I assume it would be better on a 3-9 tho.
Originally Posted by renegade50
I also had an s1 on my .45 kodiak ml, changed it to a vx1 3-9x40 cause i was still a leupold fanboy back then. Didn't have any issues with the s1 on my ml. Have also used s1,s on savage mkII .22,s with bull barrel and they performed excellent on them. I like lock ring ocular versus fast focus ocular. The s1 is fast focus, the s2 is lock ring. The s1 has a solid ocular that has no up and down and side to side reticle wiggle , like alot of fast focus ocular scopes do . Grab an ocular and wiggle it while looking thru it. On some scopes you will be amazed how much reticle shift their is.

I've noticed the same on fast focus scopes, the ocular wiggles.

SP, what would you compare these Sightron SII scopes to?

I'd say VX-2 but you know how opinions on scopes are. Their exac-trac windage/elevation adjustment system is very well regarded. I'm not a fan-boy of any manufacturer, nor am I an optics pro, but the SII is a pretty solid option.

As an aside, I bought a pair of the Hawke Endurance ED 8x32 binoculars from Doug and have been well pleased with them for the cost/weight/features/performance. I have no experience with their scopes.
Originally Posted by slm9s

Yes. I believe they also make the SII 3-9 with their hunter holdover style reticle but I haven't seen a great deal on that one.
Thanks for your opinion on the glass, can't beat the price and I will try one.

Yes. I believe they also make the SII 3-9 with their hunter holdover style reticle but I haven't seen a great deal on that one.

The hhr scopes dont have the exact trac, also it is a discontined early s2 model .midsouth had em on sale couple wks ago.
I noticed a 2017 model of the same scope. Is the one on sale at Sierra the older model.
Item # 20003 same exact scope per sightron website. Sierra prob bought a bulk of em and they dont move fast enough for em cause of name recognition.
Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40mm $149 shipped.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...temGUID=9bc0564dac10a0554442f19586dd9401
Here's the best deal I've seen going on a 3x9 scope I've seen in a long time. And it's a Leupold!
Cabelas has this Leupold on sale right now for $150. It's a 3x9 with the long range duplex. I bought two of them for my "cheaper" rifles, and they are crystal clear and have the click adjustments rather than the friction type.
I don't think you can beat it for the money! Free shipping right now, too.

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?c...earch=leupold+marksman&CQ_zstype=REG
Tag
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I appreciate your feedback. Hawke has redesigned and greatly improved their spotting scopes in the past couple of years.
Their riflescopes have received very consistently good reviews and are worth giving a serious look at

I like the Hawke Endurance and Endurance 30 scopes I have. Illuminated at $110 is a steal. Hard to sort out the model details without digging around a bit....

I saw CLNY now has the 8X56 Illuminated LR DOT listed. Cudos. Haven't used mine a whole lot yet but sure like the view.
Originally Posted by kingston

I saw those but they are 30mm not 1 in.and I'm not crazy about the reticle.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
In 3-9x40's the best deals, IMO, are:

Brunton Lite-Tech Yors 3-9x40 - Wire Duplex reticle This is a discountued scope that sold for $149.99 and we are closing these out for $29.99

Hawke is updating some models and SKU #'s which has made these great opportunities:

HawkeEndurance 3-9x40 LER 30/30 #16110 reduced from $229.99 to only $109.99

Hawke Endurance 3-9×40 LER 223/308 #HK6354 reduced from $239.99 to $129.99

Hawke Endurance 3-9×40 LER SLUG #HK6356 reduced from $239.99 to only $129.99

We have 1 of the Leupold 3-9x50 VX-2 #110805's left for only $259.99

If you want to go to 2-10x40 we are offering a deal on the Athlon Argos 2-10x40 in your choice of reticle for only $224.99. This is a call in to order special, 516-217-1000.

I think these are some "BEST BUY" opportunities.

Happy New Year from our Camera Land family to yours smile

What Vortex would be the equivalent?
I think the Vortex parallel quality product to the Hawke Endurance series would be their Diamondback HP series, which would be considerably more expensive than any of the options that I mentioned.
Price wise, the Vortex Crossfire II series would be closest, which would be inferior to the Hawke Endurance, and still more expensive than these Hawke options.

The closest Vortex equivalent to the Athlon Argos 2-10x40 would be a Viper HS which would be almost twice as expensive and would be a 2.5-10x44
Thanks for the heads up SockPuppet, I just ordered the Sightron. Between "fire" members locating these good deals and Doug's deals at CameraLand, we are a well informed bunch regarding optic deals. I have purchased three scopes in three months due to this site.
I have a Sightron SII, 3-9x42 on my TC Omega muzzleloader. It gets hunted quite hard and has been knocked around quite a bit. The scope has maintained zero since I put it on several years ago. Bought mine from Midsouth or Natchez a few years back for about the same price.
I bought a 4-16 Endurance on one of Doug's earlier deals. I really liked the glass and the reticle, but the scope was defective and would not hold. I sent it to Hawke and they agreed that it was defective.. They had no more to send me, so they upgraded me to a Sidewinder. So far, I am pleased with the scope. The glass is clear and the reticle is good. Time will tell, but it sits on a 30-06 and will hopefully help kill a couple deer next week. These are not light, flimsy scopes, so not for the weight worriers. They come with lens caps attached, that seem to be very durable.

Hawke customer service was top notch and that helps with any product. Lots of good scope deals around! I have to keep talking myself out of buying more "just because".
Originally Posted by renegade50

The hhr scopes dont have the exact trac, also it is a discontined early s2 model .midsouth had em on sale couple wks ago.

So no Exact Trac on the scope SP provided the link to?
The SII on Sierra is an Exac Trac model.
Mine came in this morning. Something worth noting is that the eyepiece focus was threaded quite a ways out. To get the focus where I wanted it I had to thread it all the way in, then out about 3/4 of a turn. Thought this might save some time to others who order them.
What’s Exac Trac. My experience with Sightron scopes is limited to a SIII 6-24x50mm LRMOA-H.
Its their adjustment system. Rumor is its the same system as the Weaver MicroTrac.
I've read that as well. Sightron uses the same system on the SII all the way up to their SV models. I found this description on the web:

ExacTrack Advantage
Sightron is extremely proud of its creation of ExacTrack. This is one of the most revolutionary breakthroughs in shooting history and they want everyone to know about it. ExacTrack features an erector tube that keeps a positive, flush point of contract from zero alignment - no matter what adjustments need to be made. This ensures that, as long as you are using ExacTrack, you will never experience drift.

How ExacTrack Works
Certainly, the main reason that you buy a scope is for accuracy. You want to focus in on your shot and take as accurate a shot as possible. The way that you create accuracy is with many different components. The quality of the lenses matters, as does the design and resistance of the main body tube. Inside the Sightron scope is an erector or pivot tube. The windage and elevation adjustments move this tube for accurate alignment.

The Problem with Other Scopes
Other scopes have a curve surface against a flat one. When the erector tube is in the ideal centered position, the contact is complete at zero adjustment. However, when the adjustments press the erector tube, the contact becomes imperfect. This causes the reticle to drift from the optical center and this creates a point-of-impact shift which you certainly don't want.

How Sightron Handles This
With the Sightron ExacTrack, the erector tube has an integral ring. This ring, together with redesigned adjustment screws, is the first positive contact system on the market today. ExacTrack makes sure that the riflescope keeps constant and perfect point-of-impact either at, or off, zero. This amazing use of a constant pressure point ensures the accuracy of all Sightron scopes - no matter the condition.
Ordered 2 of the Sightron's to try out. Thanks for the tip.
SII vs SI? I have an SI never an SII. How would this SII compare to the old Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9s from back in the day that cleared out at $150? Reticle bolder or less than Leupold regular?
Thanks for the tip ordered one yesterday.Talked to my son today he said he wanted one so ordered another today.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
SII vs SI? I have an SI never an SII. How would this SII compare to the old Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9s from back in the day that cleared out at $150? Reticle bolder or less than Leupold regular?

I had an SI years ago but didn't really care for the glass, but maybe mine was an oddball. Glass is subjective, but I'd say the SII glass is a bit better than the 3200, but not as good as a 4200. I suppose it depends on your intended use whether that will hold you back. There are a lot of scopes out there these days that have really nice glass for the price, but I have doubts about their mechanics. I don't currently have any Leupolds to compare to, but here is a link to the specs on Sightron's web page: SII Specs
Thanks for addressing those questions and providing the heads up and links plus the shipping code!

Conventional wire or etched reticle?

WTH I ordered.... LOL
I hope you fellas like them when they arrive. I have no affiliation with either Sightron or Sierra Trading Post, just wanted to pass on what I thought was a solid deal on a solid scope. I've got some rifles with pretty decent scopes on them (no alpha stuff yet) but others where I just want a tough, simple scope that will get the job done.
The SII is a great scope and that is a steal....
This is a great DEAL! I agree, you probably couldn't find a better scope for that price. Thanks for the heads up!
I ordered 2 and don't even need them. Sightron makes excellent stuff. Never had an issue with any of the ones I own.
I had a SIGHTRON SII 4x32 and a BIG SKY model and sold both. Optics were nice but the eye positioning was extremely finicky. Your eye had to be exactly the right distance from eye piece and dead center or it would blink out on one side or the other. The turrets had very fine clicks hard to hear or feel. Like I said Optics valley a great scope but the finicky eye box turned me off.
I don't see the SII 3-9x42 in the 2018 catalog and assume that is why they are being discounted. Lots of changes in the Sightron lineup from what I see.
Originally Posted by nuguy
I had a SIGHTRON SII 4x32 and a BIG SKY model and sold both. Optics were nice but the eye positioning was extremely finicky. Your eye had to be exactly the right distance from eye piece and dead center or it would blink out on one side or the other. The turrets had very fine clicks hard to hear or feel. Like I said Optics valley a great scope but the finicky eye box turned me off.

That has not been my experience with the SII 3-9x42 that I have. It is as forgiving as my old Leupold Vari-X ii's and my VX 3's. Probably a little more forgiving than my Zeiss Conquest.
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by nuguy

That has not been my experience with the SII 3-9x42 that I have. It is as forgiving as my old Leupold Vari-X ii's and my VX 3's. Probably a little more forgiving than my Zeiss Conquest.

I also concur with this. I find my Sightron as easy to get behind as any Leupold.
This was years ago so maybe they are better now. Those were only two I had looked at.
I received my scope today and only looked through it at the house. I'm glad I bought one, glass is very nice, great eye relief, great eye box and very well made. It is a steal at the price I paid for sure.
I'll mount it on my Winchester FW 7x57 which should be just perfect
I purchased two, my buddy at work wanted one also for his rifle.
Thanks again for the heads up.
I need ta get one asap!!!! Funds are short right now. Bought alot of guns this yr😃 I just looked at their website yesterday they are still in the line up.

Let's us know how that performs on your rifle rem280!!
Are ya gonna try low rings and see if it clears the barrel and bolt, kinda curious on that 42 mm with a mod 70
I know the s1,s are good!!! S2,s gotta be a great scope also.

Damm now I'm jonesing hard to get one!!!
Glad to hear it, 280. I'll be curious to see your base/ring combo on the M70. My Featherweight in 6.5X55 just showed up and I'm trying to decide which scope to put on it. It currently has a rail but I'm not totally feeling it yet on the FW.
Glad to hear it, 280. I'll be curious to see your base/ring combo on the M70. My Featherweight in 6.5X55 just showed up and I'm trying to decide which scope to put on it. It currently has a rail but I'm not totally feeling it yet on the FW.

I'm going to mount the Burris XTR tactical bases with Warne rings or Burris Signature rings. I have this combo on a few rifles and it allows for some flexibility for setting my proper scope distance for proper eye relief.
Waiting on mine to show up. Gonna stick em on a few truck/atv guns
Sold out now. That was a fantastic deal.
Is the S1 3-9x40 a decent scope? They have it for $75, and I need a scope for a Savage 7/08 that I just bought fir my 12 year old daughter.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/sightron-si-hunter-rifle-scope-3-9x40~p~298at/?filterString=hunting~d~32%2F&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod298AT
It is a good solid scope. Holds zero...Fast focus eyepeice has no wiggle or any reticle shift at all. For 75 bucks it is a bargain. Buy with confidence.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Sold out now. That was a fantastic deal.

Sonofabytch..... i will get one as soon as the swiss bank account builds back up, that the wife has no idea of.
Originally Posted by bdan68
Is the S1 3-9x40 a decent scope? They have it for $75, and I need a scope for a Savage 7/08 that I just bought fir my 12 year old daughter.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/sightron-si-hunter-rifle-scope-3-9x40~p~298at/?filterString=hunting~d~32%2F&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod298AT

The eye relief on the S-1 is fairly short, I suspect that you will have to use an extended scope ring to mount it on a Savage. For a 12 year old I would find something that is a bit more forgiving in mounting.

drover
Mine came in today. I compared it to a VX-2 and VX-3 and a Minox ZA3 at last light. It beats the VX-2 all away around, matches the VX-3 & ZA3 glass and has much better adjustments - positive feel and audibly. It was a steal for $109. I wish I ordered a couple not just one.
Fuq, drained swiss bank account with 2 gun buys in dec. Still deals to be had on the s2 around 135 - 150. Gotta save some cash .... maybe Sierra will restock and try and move a bunch of em again.... fuq........ snooze ya loose.......
Need some word back from you guys on how that 42mm objective works with a low ring set up possibly.
I’ve loved everything about every sightron I ever had.....except for trying to hunt them at last light with the pissant excuse for a Duplex they have. If I can’t see the aiming point, it’s kinda worthless as an aiming device. They are bright and do track well, so make good range glass.
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
I’ve loved everything about every sightron I ever had.....except for trying to hunt them at last light with the pissant excuse for a Duplex they have. If I can’t see the aiming point, it’s kinda worthless as an aiming device. They are bright and do track well, so make good range glass.

Agreed on the reticle. I got two delivered today. I like everything else about them.
So I bought one of those cheap CHEAP scopes from Doug.
"Brunton Lite-Tech Yors 3-9x40 - Wire Duplex reticle This is a discountued scope that sold for $149.99 and we are closing these out for $29.99"
Mounted it, run the dials up, down, side to side, shot the rifle, sighted it in and was I ever disappointed!

I PREFER IT TO THE VX1 THAT I BOUGHT A WEEK EARLIER!
Clear, crisp, smooth, tracks, got a good scope.
Could have bought 4 of them for the same price as the VX1. 'Tis a little heavier though.

Buy the Brunton
Originally Posted by Rug3
So I bought one of those cheap CHEAP scopes from Doug.
"Brunton Lite-Tech Yors 3-9x40 - Wire Duplex reticle This is a discountued scope that sold for $149.99 and we are closing these out for $29.99"
Mounted it, run the dials up, down, side to side, shot the rifle, sighted it in and was I ever disappointed!

I PREFER IT TO THE VX1 THAT I BOUGHT A WEEK EARLIER!
Clear, crisp, smooth, tracks, got a good scope.
Could have bought 4 of them for the same price as the VX1. 'Tis a little heavier though.

Buy the Brunton

I decided to give them a whirl. Just bought 2. I hope my experience is the same.
I just ordered one of the Bruntons to try it out. I bought a Hawke Endurance a couple of weeks ago and put it on a new Tikka T3. The scope has held zero through 8 shots! (gun is a shooter too).

$129 or whatever it was is a bargain for a good scope with illuminated reticle. Only gripe is the eyebox is a little tight. It was also somewhat short for the Talley lightweight//T3 combo as I would have preferred a little more forward mounting but it is definitely a decent setup.
Originally Posted by drover

The eye relief on the S-1 is fairly short, I suspect that you will have to use an extended scope ring to mount it on a Savage. For a 12 year old I would find something that is a bit more forgiving in mounting.

drover

Thanks, I held off and didn't order it after reading your post. My dad has a brand new VX-1 3-9x40 sitting in his safe, I might ask him if he'd like to give it to his granddaughter use it on her new rifle. I do wish I could've got one of the SII's for $109, but by the time I went there to buy one they were sold out.
I have an extra one of the $109 SIIs from Sierra Trading Post. Let me know if you want it and we'll make it happen. I have not been home to see them yet! My free shipping code is: Daughter.

Originally Posted by drover

drover

Thanks, I held off and didn't order it after reading your post. My dad has a brand new VX-1 3-9x40 sitting in his safe, I might ask him if he'd like to give it to his granddaughter use it on her new rifle. I do wish I could've got one of the SII's for $109, but by the time I went there to buy one they were sold out.
One of the SII scopes I ordered from Sierra with the intent of making it a test-mule. Throw it on whichever rifle I was playing with whether it was one of mine or not. I just took delivery of a Winchester Model 70 in 6.5x55 that I bought from another Campfire member. He'd never shot it, so my intent was just to function test it and see if I could maybe get it close before installing a different scope and rings. Didn't even bother to bore-sight it, just started at the 50 yard lane. 16 rounds later it's going to be tough to want to pull this off and swap it out.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice!! Tracking good per your clicks you put on it?

Looks like ya got medium rings on the rifle with tons of objective clearance?

Does it look like low rings could work with the 42mm obj?

Is the win 70 a sporter or fw contour barrel?
Not to mention , hell of a group with a new rifle and super x ammo, good shooting sock puppet! 4 of those last 5 shots seem around a .50 to .75 cluster with the one to the left bringing all 5 to an inch. You would be NUTS if you took that scope off that rifle now. I would be confident as hell with that rig being set up like it is!!!
Yes, tracking matched the clicks very well toward the end when I got serious. Again, I wasn't really counting perfectly early on, was focusing on the rifle rather than the scope. If I would have bore sighted it I could have saved myself a few rounds.

This one is a Featherweight. Yes, tons of room with the medium Warne rings on Weaver bases. One could easily go with low rings, I just used some 'test' stuff. Clearance on the occular is more than adequate as well. I have some Vortex Hunter 30mm low rings that I set on the rifle last night to mock things up. Clearance was good on both ends with both the Sightron SII and a Weaver Grand Slam 2-8X36 (both 1" tubes, but those rings were the lowest I had.)

Thanks, that is some older ammo I found at a pawn shop. Hopefully the newer stuff will perform too. I'm honestly very, very surprise at how it shot...I was going to be pleased with 1.5-2.0". My intention is to use this one for mule deer this fall if I draw out, so I wasn't looking for a bench gun.
I have an extra one of the $109 SIIs from Sierra Trading Post. Let me know if you want it and we'll make it happen. I have not been home to see them yet! My free shipping code is: Daughter.

Yes I'll take it! Sent you a PM.
SierraTradingPost.com has the Sightron S1 for $75 - don't know anything about it.

Yes I'll take it! Sent you a PM.

Shipped! Great you're getting your daughters interested. Happy Hunting.
I also picked one of these up and got a chance to play with it this weekend. Looks like a solid scope.

If any of you guys that bought one or more have buyers remorse 😉 I would be glad to take one off your hands.....seriously, I could use another!
I was in my Academy yesterday and they had Sig Whiskey 3 scopes marked down from $199 to $99. I piddled with one. Optically it's worth the money. It's hard to say without them side by side but it's close enough to my VX-1 scopes. Eye relief is just OK as is the eye box. I wouldn't put one on a heavy kicker.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I just ordered one of the Bruntons to try it out. I bought a Hawke Endurance a couple of weeks ago and put it on a new Tikka T3. The scope has held zero through 8 shots! (gun is a shooter too).

$129 or whatever it was is a bargain for a good scope with illuminated reticle. Only gripe is the eyebox is a little tight. It was also somewhat short for the Talley lightweight//T3 combo as I would have preferred a little more forward mounting but it is definitely a decent setup.

Got my Brunton. It is, well, a $30 scope...
Well, Dennis, throw it on something and see if it breaks.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

Got my Brunton. It is, well, a $30 scope...

Amazing how that works, isnt it?
© 24hourcampfire