Home
Posted By: pdman Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/10/18
Hey All... Bought new VX-6 #115198 in Oct 2016 for my AR10 .308 build....sighted in for deer season 2016....Last week of 2016 season missed 2 deer at my feeder a little over 100yds....checked zero and it was 14" HIGH and 10 " LEFT....Would NOT adjust...could NOT zero the rifle....luckily had a back up weapon and continued hunting....sent it to Leupold in January 2017....they replaced erector assembly...windage and elevation turrets....no charge...ok..back on the AR10 .308 and zeroed OK...dead on at 100yds...fast foward to 2017 season...last week of DEC 2017...day after Christmas....getting dark and only saw does at my feeder..did not need to take another one...started to pack up as the light was fading fast.....took one last look thru my binos and sure enough there were 4 HOGS milling around the feeder....set up rifle and pushed the illumination button....NOTHING...ZIP...ZERO...NADA....%^$&*$$#$T^&(&*&^^&%*(*&....too dark now...called it a day..

Sent it back January 5, 2018...just rec'd an email from Leupold this morning....they "estimate 24 working days to fix my product....". They will NOT get a 3rd strike from me....personna non grata from here on out......
For sale REAL CHEAP when I get it back....
Pete
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/10/18
See if you could swap someone for a new VX-1, they are dependable and work well.

Leupold's numbering system, 1-6, 1 is best........
i'll give you $250
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
See if you could swap someone for a new VX-1, they are dependable and work well.

I like that! laugh

I prefer the VX-1's to the VX-2's. Very little difference in the glass, VX-1's have the locking ring--and are less expensive to boot......
Another satisfied customer..........
Posted By: pdman Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/10/18
HEY ORANGEDIABLO.....$250 is toooooooo much....more like $2.50...or better yet just 50 cents for this P O S ......knew I should stuck with Nightforce......
Pete
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/10/18
I know guys that shoot deer and hogs off feeders with $50 Simmons scopes. Had I paid for a VX6 or any Leupold for that matter and could not do that I'd be mighty upset too.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/11/18
I give you 270.00
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/11/18
my 1-6 VX6 is still working after I sent it back, I keep my fingers crossed and don't use it when it needs to work, late season slick heads are about all it sees.
Posted By: pdman Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/11/18
HEY HANCO...51 CENTS FOR THIS LOUSY P O S .......
Posted By: SKane Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/11/18
Pete-
I'll ask the question (and then duck)....LOL
You tried another battery, yes?

Sorry for the headaches with the scope.
Posted By: pdman Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/11/18
Hey SKANE..yes..sure did try another battery...had new fresh spare batteries when I left to go hunting after Christmas...

Pete
Leupold can not be trusted, i have beeb hearing too many complains about Leupold scopes and i am really scared to go that way. last year i bought a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 for hnting deers and it work pretty well for me. it was a success story.
Originally Posted by hanco
I give you 270.00

$271. The Price is Right style. ha
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/11/18
Every Leupold I sent back for repair never worked properly afterward. I caught on quick.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 01/11/18
Originally Posted by landlord44
Leupold can not be trusted, i have beeb hearing too many complains about Leupold scopes and i am really scared to go that way. last year i bought a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 for hnting deers and it work pretty well for me. it was a success story.

Clark, is that you?
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/11/18
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by landlord44

Clark, is that you?

LOL
Everyone I sent back came back working perfect and didn't break a second time. Still, that first time...
Posted By: Mull Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/12/18
My VX-5 HD [bleep] The Bed From The Get Go.. Send It Back For A Bad Switch. It Came Back FIXED. With In a Week,It Was Acting Up Again. The Second Time It Came Back.It Went Down The Road.. Liked The Fire Dot.But Dout I'll Own Another...
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/13/18
I guess I’ve been lucky. I haven’t had a problem.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/13/18
It isn't cheap to ship to Oregon either. Especially if you have to keep doing it.

Based on my experience, I'm kind've thinking the same thing.......
Posted By: iddave Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I think the VX-6 owners are just more likely to uncover the inherent Leupold shortcomings than folks that purchase the lower-tier Leupolds myself.

GENERALLY speaking, people shelling out the 6's are looking to dial, which is where the Leupold suck most.

Dave
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/14/18
I have a VX6 mounted in Talleys on a new Remington 700 270Win. I'm confident it's the most dependable rig ever. Looks amazing. I'm sure animals will die. Now if I can only pry my {bleep} off the couch...
Posted By: TomM1 Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by 1Nut
I have a VX6 mounted in Talleys on a new Remington 700 270Win. I'm confident it's the most dependable rig ever. Looks amazing. I'm sure animals will die. Now if I can only pry my {bleep} off the couch...

Same here 🤯 But mine is an A-bolt in 7mm Mag and I burned my couch the last time the mountaineers lost...now I’m plumb out of excuses
Originally Posted by iddave
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I think the VX-6 owners are just more likely to uncover the inherent Leupold shortcomings than folks that purchase the lower-tier Leupolds myself.

GENERALLY speaking, people shelling out the 6's are looking to dial, which is where the Leupold suck most.

Dave

That is a legitimate point.
Leupold has great customer service! Unfortunately, it may be because the get a lot of practice.
Nightforce!
Posted By: reivertom Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/15/18
I have 4 Leupolds with no complaints. They are vx2, vx3 and one fixed power. They have held zero every year....set them and forget them.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold VX-6 FAILS AGAIN - 02/15/18
© 24hourcampfire