Home
I stopped at the LaVista Cabelas today and they had a bunch of Redfield revolutions in the Bargain Cave labeled "discontinued". I picked up a 2-7x33 since the price was right and I really like the Revolution series. Has anyone heard similar news?
How much were they? Leupold seems to be doing a good bit of revamping, so it wouldn't surprise me if they discontinued Redfield. Best I can tell those scopes are the same as Leupold Rifleman scopes. The weight and dimensions are exactly the same.
$107
Dang. I said I was done with Leupold, but I might scoop up a few at that price. I have 4 Revolutions and really like them. Other than the mysterious adjustments that is. Do they have the standard reticle or the Accu-Range?
The ones I saw in the bargain cave had both available..
I have two Revolutions 3-9x40 that I bought at half price at Whaittakers last year. They are some solid scopes with an excellent eye box, extremely easy to get behind. I can't believe they're discontinuing them but who knows, Leupold has some stiff competition.
They don't appear to be on the Redfield site. There could be some simple design changes, sku reassignment, etc. Or the Bargain Cave processor simply chose the wrong option.
Hook us up. Go back and buy all the standard reticle 2-7s! They're definitely the best of the line.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Hook us up. Go back and buy all the standard reticle 2-7s! They're definitely the best of the line.

I bought the only 2-7 they had left.
Anyone seeing them anywhere else on closeout?

We love our 2-7x.
Originally Posted by kecatt
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I bought the only 2-7 they had left.

Dooooh!
Nothing on their website about it being discontinued.
I have received my 2018 Redfield price book and here is a list of all current Redfield Riflescopes:

67080 Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Matte 4-Plex

67085 Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Matte Accu-Range

67090 Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm Matte 4-Plex

67095 Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm Matte Accu-Range

67100 Redfield Revolution 3-9x50mm Matte 4-Plex

67105 Redfield Revolution 3-9x50mm Matte Accu-Range

67110 Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm Matte 4-Plex

67115 Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm Matte Accu-Range

118348 Redfield Revolution TAC 3-9x40mm Matte TAC-MOA

I hope this assists smile
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Nothing on their website about it being discontinued.

It's probably Cabelas that is no longer going to carry them.
Probably isn’t a big seller for Cabelas and they are dropping it. People have manificationitus these days and think that you can’t shoot a deer at a hundred yards unless you have a 24x scope and are able to see ticks in the deer’s neck. I bought a 2x7 Leupold at Cabelas a few years ago and the salesman kind of smirkingly asked me, “What kind of rifle are you going to put that little scope on?” An innocent enough question but it was as if he sold about two of them a year and only someone with some sort of mental deficiency would pick one instead of one if the Hubble telescopes he had for sale.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
How much were they? Leupold seems to be doing a good bit of revamping, so it wouldn't surprise me if they discontinued Redfield. Best I can tell those scopes are the same as Leupold Rifleman scopes. The weight and dimensions are exactly the same.

Revolution is clicks....apparently RIfleman scopes are friction?

I like the Revolution scopes. Bought three last year....should have bought 6.
I use several Revolutions, probably half a dozen. I've had zero problems with them.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Revolution is clicks....apparently RIfleman scopes are friction?

I like the Revolution scopes. Bought three last year....should have bought 6.

Yeah, the Rifleman is not the same as the Revolution. At the very least in the erector set.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I have received my 2018 Redfield price book and here is a list of all current Redfield Riflescopes:

67080 Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Matte 4-Plex

67085 Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Matte Accu-Range

67090 Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm Matte 4-Plex

67095 Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm Matte Accu-Range

67100 Redfield Revolution 3-9x50mm Matte 4-Plex

67105 Redfield Revolution 3-9x50mm Matte Accu-Range

67110 Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm Matte 4-Plex

67115 Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm Matte Accu-Range

118348 Redfield Revolution TAC 3-9x40mm Matte TAC-MOA

I hope this assists smile

The one I picked up was the 67085 model.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
People have manificationitus these days and think that you can’t shoot a deer at a hundred yards unless you have a 24x scope and are able to see ticks in the deer’s neck.

Exactamondo! Last week I was checking my rifle to see if the zero had changed (since it had one of those crappy old 3-9 Leupolds on it). Shot an 8/10" group just where it was supposed to so, before I cased it I started to reset the magnification back to 3x but, it was still on 3x as I had never changed it.
I love mine (several), and I'm glad to see it's still current product line.
The usual price of over 200 bucks seems high to me.

Something about the scope does not make me think of a 200 dollar scope.

On sale for 199 or less I am happy as a clam.
There were two Redfield Revolution 2-7x33, style 67080, in the Bargain Cave at Cabela's in LaVista, NE, a couple of hours ago. I think that they were asking $131 per unit.
The Redfield website doesn't instill much confidence that Leupold will continue the brand.

https://www.redfield.com/
We have 4 on my daughters' rifles. Seem to be a great value. I like them. We have the 3x9 duplex.
I had one Redfield Revolution that came to me on a rifle I bought. It had that dammed wide duplex that I hate. The scope went down the road. Otherwise the scope was fine, but I hate that wide duplex.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
The Redfield website doesn't instill much confidence that Leupold will continue the brand.

No it does not.
I loved the old Denver made Redfield scope. I still several on rifles.
I have a 3-9 that I bought "used" in a Dallas gun shop a while back for $100. I don't think it was ever mounted. For the money, it is an amazing scope. I mounted it on a Mini-14 which has the reputation for wrecking optics. After three or four years, it still shoots close to inch groups. I like it.
Jack
I bought a 3-9 very early, paid $150, I think. I mounted it on a Sears M50 .30/06. Took a long time before the adjustments settled in, just like the bad old days. Once dialed in, it was fine. Not wild about the styling; the bell is too long to my eye. Based on that sample of one, I rate them about like the Bushy Trophy XLTs, just below the 3200s overall. Would maybe prefer the Fire Favorite FFII in that price bracket, again overall as their strongpoints vary.
I have two (2-7 and 4-12). Both are VG keeper scopes for the little I paid for them used.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

looks like theyre donezo. probably too much product overlap w not enough difference in price.
© 24hourcampfire