Home
Say it aint so. Doug posted it on another forum. What the heck? My favorite dialing hunting scope by a long shot. Seems like a lot of product development for only a few years production. Whats the story?

I was just reading a little closer. They discontinued the entire line. The 4.5-18 LRTSi is all they have any remaining inventory of. idiots!

John
I just spoke with Belton at Bushnell and he says they are releasing a replacement to the LRHS in June. He couldn’t tell me much about it but said it is supposed to be an upgrade from the LRHS. He said they will continue to produce the LRTS.

John
A 3-12 with an illuminated dot right smack in the middle of the "circle of death" would be desirable.
New reticle

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Say it aint so. Doug posted it on another forum. What the heck? My favorite dialing hunting scope by a long shot. Seems like a lot of product development for only a few years production. Whats the story?

I'm looking for a 4.5-18 right now. Love the 3-12x I got from you.
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I just spoke with Belton at Bushnell and he says they are releasing a replacement to the LRHS in June. He couldn’t tell me much about it but said it is supposed to be an upgrade from the LRHS. He said they will continue to produce the LRTS.

John

Thats good news, as long as they don't go the 34mm route. I hope they shorten the 18X version to the length of the 12x. I will be all over that. prefer the size of the 12x and the magnification of the 18X.
The Optics Zone has some listed for $855.
Originally Posted by Heeler

I don’t see it listed?
I think it's page 3 of the Bargain Zone.
I think it's page 3 of the Bargain Zone.

👍🏼
i will still enjoy mine.

Thanks ordered one
hopefully a SFP model will be available, the 4.5-18 does make more sense as a FFP, this is actually exciting news to me. That scope did almost everything right, I pray they offer a MOA version. IF they do all my nightforce scopes could be for sale. I may also hold off on another nightforce purchase just to see what they have to offer.
Would love the exact same 3-12 at the originally advertised 20 ounce weight...
Well now I feel silly for not buying a used LRHS for $700 when I had the chance :\

**And yes - like someone above stated - I'll likely hold off on scope purchases until I see the new offering.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Would love the exact same 3-12 at the originally advertised 20 ounce weight...

Same here
Originally Posted by FOsteology
A 3-12 with an illuminated dot right smack in the middle of the "circle of death" would be desirable.

That would definitely perk me up to the Bushnell.
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by FOsteology

That would definitely perk me up to the Bushnell.

Yes sir....
Add a new 2-10x40 compact and I'm in............
Originally Posted by gerry35

With illumination,and under 20 ounces,could be just the ticket. I know I was only considering the NF NXS because of the weight difference and illumination. I guess when I say considering I mean saving for.
It seems they’ve been switching some of their other Elite Tactical scopes (XRS-II, DMR-II Pro) to incorporate ED glass, could that be the case here? I like Bushnells better scopes a lot, but their marketing of their new products could be sooooooo much better.

John

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Jason
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by gerry35

With illumination,and under 20 ounces,could be just the ticket. I know I was only considering the NF NXS because of the weight difference and illumination. I guess when I say considering I mean saving for.

That's even better!
the biggest problem with bushnell is the company has been horse traded around by private equity firms. Vista outdoors doesn't appear to be doing a very good job of reviving the brand when it was spun off from ATK. The company just keeps losing market share and value with every sale. Vortex has displaced them pretty much everywhere leaving only their cheapest lines like the banner and crap chinese stuff for sale in big box stores. your average guy isn't even able to look at their good stuff anymore in a store. I like bushnell stuff a lot better than vortex.

its the same problem we see in other places, ala freedom group, remington etc. the companies have been ran into the ditch.
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Thanks ordered one

Glad to help you spend your money. I would probably have bought one, but bought a new rifle not long ago.
Ordered one today from famous outdoors, they said they have them and can get them fyi
there are a couple on ebay from seller 'nolimitfishing' for $999 with 'make offer'.

He'll take an $850 offer......

Thanks ordered one

Glad to help you spend your money. I would probably have bought one, but bought a new rifle not long ago.

Thanks a bunch now I'm gonna have to buy a new rifle to put it on
I'd definitely like to pick up another one. Does anyone have a link to the one's for sale that are 850$, I can't find them. I did find the one on ebay but would prefer to not buy there if I don't have to. THanks.
I'd bet if you don't jump today, you'll go without....
Ya that's what I'm thinking too. I said [bleep] it and made an offer on the ebay one.
A bud offered $850 and the seller took the offer. He's supposed to get it today, so at least the seller ships fast
AKbob just told me Experticity has the 4.5-18 illuminati at $920. Danged if I can figure out how to search their site after signing up....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
AKbob just told me Experticity has the 4.5-18 illuminati at $920. Danged if I can figure out how to search their site after signing up....

I can't figure it out either.
If someone figures it out post the link please
I am wanting that scope also. I haven't found it anywhere close to that price.
I'm not sure how this will copy and paste, but here's what you have to do on Experticity. Likely, if you can't see products you aren't affiliated with a group yet.

How to Affiliate & Unlock Your Brand Access
Wondering why you don't see any brands on Experticity?

Chances are you haven’t affiliated and joined a group yet. This is an important step in unlocking your privileged access to top brands, and the good news is it’s easy to do. Just follow our step-by-step guide below or watch the short video above to find and join a group and unlock your Expert perks.
1. Search for your retail store or professional group

Different types of groups include retailers like REI, Williams-Sonoma and PetSmart, as well as professional organizations and clubs like Law Enforcement, Boy Scouts of America, Ski Patrol and branches of the Armed Forces.

To find your retail store or professional group, click the Find Your Organization button below. Once you find your group, select it to tell us a little more about yourself and apply to join the group. If you don’t see your retailer, club or professional organization, you can add a new group or affiliation.
2. Apply to join your group

Once you click “Join Group,” a new page will open that asks for more information about you and your role in that organization or your retail position. You may be asked to answer some different questions or submit supporting documents based on which group you’re trying to join.

If you run into any issues or have any questions while applying to join a group, our Member Services team is here to help. Give them a call at 866-376-4685 any time from 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. MST on Monday – Friday or 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. MST on Saturday and Sunday, or you can send them an email here.
3. Unlock your Expert perks

Once you’ve sent us your information, we’ll send you an email that approves your request to join the group and unlocks full access to your Expert perks.

This email is usually automated and sends within 30 minutes — be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it right away.

In some cases, we’ll need to manually verify your credentials. This usually takes one to three business days, and once you’re approved we’ll send you an email to unlock your full Experticity access.

If you have any questions or haven’t seen an email from us, our Member Services team is ready to help. Just give them a call at 866-376-4685 any time from 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. MST on Monday – Friday or 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. MST on Saturday and Sunday, or send them an email here.
4. View your groups and applications

You can view your affiliations and check the status of any pending applications by visiting your profile page. Just look for the Affiliations section. You can also search for new groups to join, check the status of a new application, or re-apply to groups where your affiliation has expired.
The LRHS isn't showing any longer on Experticity. At least not on mine.
well, then.....I won't bother jumping thru those hoops.
The guy on Ebay is sold out. He had 2 yesterday, I got one. Thanks Don.
Try famousoutdoors? If LHRS can't be found the LRTS is another option?
Discussion of prices on Experticity is a direct violation of the Terms of Service of the site and program. Experticity is intended as a program for industry professionals, and vendors get pretty upset when prices are discussed, especially on social media and public forums.
Mine just showed up and I'm not disappointed!

They are even better after you use them.

I've struck out online today and can't find one for a deal. I'm now looking for a used one. LOL.
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Discussion of prices on Experticity is a direct violation of the Terms of Service of the site and program. Experticity is intended as a program for industry professionals, and vendors get pretty upset when prices are discussed, especially on social media and public forums.

It's the 21-st century. That expectation is archaic.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I saw that. They are all on sale.

Just search Bushnell, do the test and the discount will be there.
Just about all retailers are out of stock now, or the price went up on them.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by liliysdad

It's the 21-st century. That expectation is archaic.

Archaic or not...its the agreement made when an account is created and approved. Refusal to abide has caused more than one vendor to end its participation.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
New reticle

[Linked Image]

Just when I thought the Nikon reticle was the most crap-tastic one devised, we now see this.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
New reticle

[Linked Image]

Just when I thought the Nikon reticle was the most crap-tastic one devised, we now see this.

I thought someone posted that as a joke
I’m sure that was Scott’s way of stating that Bushnell is going to take something that was perfectly functional and turning it into something that isn’t.

John
No, it was just a joke.
I'm sure they are great scopes but I will never be in a hurry to hand over $1000 for anything that reads Bushnell.
3-15ish, 30mm, 44obj, accurate, reliable, 20oz, $1k... I'd buy one. But pay no attention to that, is only what I wish someone made.
I'm sure they are great scopes but I will never be in a hurry to hand over $1000 for anything that reads Bushnell.

Not all Bushnell lines are created equal. The Elite Tactical line is generally accepted as being extremely good. Both my LRHS and LRTSi have great zero retention, and return to zero and the tracking is accurate and reliable. Bonus is the glass is very, very good too.

John
when it is online do not expect privacy anymore ...
Is there any information on what the replacement for the LRHS will be?

Not all Bushnell lines are created equal. The Elite Tactical line is generally accepted as being extremely good. Both my LRHS and LRTSi have great zero retention, and return to zero and the tracking is accurate and reliable. Bonus is the glass is very, very good too.

John

To be honest it took me a little bit to get past Bushnell as the maker , but as you point out these are a very well made product that performs extremely well, and at the price point that they have been selling for lately there really is nothing that comes close!
Ya I was suprised to see this Bushnell scope so highly talked about and when I got one a couple months ago and started using it I could see why. I just bought another one today. Got a Great deal on a used one.
Originally Posted by BradArnett
Ya I was suprised to see this Bushnell scope so highly talked about and when I got one a couple months ago and started using it I could see why.

You and me both.
I have a x12 lrhs and two x18 lrhsi's.....I am plenty impressed.
Originally Posted by Tanker8
Is there any information on what the replacement for the LRHS will be?

Not much. My 'optics guy' says it will have a new reticle, according to his Bushnell contacts. The 'G3H'. Hopefully the Gen2 is actually an improvement, and not totally screwing up a great scope.
Originally Posted by BradArnett

They are even better after you use them.

Yup! Shoot a few thousand rounds under it, and you're pretty much guaranteed to love it. Just so reliable, with great features. Liked my first one so much I had to get another.
Im still odd man out, just cannot get on board with first focal plane scopes. I know about all the merits, but they are worthless to me as an all around scope for hunting and steel. Every FFP scope I played with was worthless in the first half of the power range due to the reticle being so thin. Hope they come out with a SFP model.
Try the LRTSi. They did the illum right. Lowest setting is barely visible at night, so won’t wash out the target, and daylight visible on its highest setting. Really helps with the visibility of all the tic marks. FWIW, all the tick marks are clearly visible at 4.5x on my 4.5-18 LRTSi, with illum turned on or off.

John
The 4.5-18 should be perfect, I need a reliable scope for my 358 Winchester.
Anybody make VLDs for that? grin grin

John
They do, but I need a 60 MOA rail to get to 350 yards.
This is the disconnect between LR/Tactical and hunting scopes. Someone needs to figure out how to bridge the gap

They do, but I need a 60 MOA rail to get to 350 yards.

grin grin grin
This is the disconnect between LR/Tactical and hunting scopes. Someone needs to figure out how to gap the difference.

LRHS was the best attempt I’ve found so far. LRTSi does well too. Both do well in the terrain I hunt.

John
I can't think of a single big game animal I would need more than 10x to kill, and 10x is really more than I'd ever need. I can't think of a single need for a 2 pound scope on a 7 pound rifle.

Hunting requires a durable scope, more so than long range steel shooting. Seriously, I ain't gonna put any of those on a 358 carbine, but I still need to dial to take a 275 yard shot, same with lots of rifles.

I like running everything deadnuts on at 100 and dialing past that.
I can't think of a single big game animal I would need more than 10x to kill, and 10x is really more than I'd ever need. I can't think of a single need for a 2 pound scope on a 7 pound rifle.

Hunting requires a durable scope, more so than long range steel shooting. Seriously, I ain't gonna put any of those on a 358 carbine, but I still need to dial to take a 275 yard shot, same with lots of rifles.

HAHA agreed. I own 2 of these scope but there is no way in heck I would put one on my 358 win carbine either.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Im still odd man out, just cannot get on board with first focal plane scopes. I know about all the merits, but they are worthless to me as an all around scope for hunting and steel. Every FFP scope I played with was worthless in the first half of the power range due to the reticle being so thin. Hope they come out with a SFP model.

FFP reticles are a real compromise- as stated above. also too Thick at the High End of the magnification range,
They need some design work to make effective use of the Super Zoom ranges 6X + scopes that are appearing these days

Maybe a combination reticle some in First , and a simpler Hunting Duplex in the Second, or illuminated ?
If anyone is looking we just got in one of the Bushnell Elite Tactical Hunter Rifle Scope 4.5-18x 44mm First Focal Side Focus Zero Stop Illuminated 1/10 Mil-Radian G2 Reticle Matte scopes, #E45184HI.
If you're interested please give us a call, 516-217-1000

I get it, especially in the terrain you reside in.

Would this work for you?

https://samplelist.com/swfa-ss-hd-1-6x24-tactical--30mm-rifle-scope-demo-b-116937.html

John
The 4.5-18 should be perfect, I need a reliable scope for my 358 Winchester.

You may want to reconsider and go with a 30x

I get it, especially in the terrain you reside in.

Would this work for you?

https://samplelist.com/swfa-ss-hd-1-6x24-tactical--30mm-rifle-scope-demo-b-116937.html

John

Of course it will work. It says "tactical."
Doug,
Can you PM me with a quote please?

finally someone else that gets it. I see where your from, remember I think most people do most of their shooting at the range. when your at the range your going to want to be at max or close to it power. for me in the field I want to be on the lowest power and when I need high power I have time to switch to it, typically. This is the disconnect. I am convinced this is why so many people want FFP, they simply aren't using their scopes on low power. for me though and my shooting I don't have much of a need for a scope that is over about 16x. this means I never have a need to come off max power because of mirage. so subtends that work at the highest power and a reticle that is easy to see on low power is exactly what I want.

for what its worth though I do think the higher power LRHS makes some since. in particular the illuminated version. the reticle isn't horrible at 4.5x and illumination will certainly help. The 3-12 version I just can't warm up to. sucks because that power range is exactly the most useful all around to me.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

finally someone else that gets it. I see where your from, remember I think most people do most of their shooting at the range. when your at the range your going to want to be at max or close to it power. for me in the field I want to be on the lowest power and when I need high power I have time to switch to it, typically. This is the disconnect. I am convinced this is why so many people want FFP, they simply aren't using their scopes on low power. for me though and my shooting I don't have much of a need for a scope that is over about 16x. this means I never have a need to come off max power because of mirage. so subtends that work at the highest power and a reticle that is easy to see on low power is exactly what I want.

for what its worth though I do think the higher power LRHS makes some since. in particular the illuminated version. the reticle isn't horrible at 4.5x and illumination will certainly help. The 3-12 version I just can't warm up to. sucks because that power range is exactly the most useful all around to me.

I think some of the reticle designs used on the 1-8 power scopes might come closer to a pure hunting scope with just a little bit of modification. I wouldn't mind a red dot and low power close range with a well designed reticle that offered mill based reference at higher power.

I was just thinking that something like the new Nightforce FFP NX8 would have been an excellent hunting scope if they would have given it a 32mm objective for a larger exit pupil. It could have had an excellent eye box,and low light performance. It would only need illumination that is daylight bright so you could use it like a red dot on low power, but that goes low enough to use in low light without washing out the target. I think they got the daylight bright part but I don't know if it is low enough and I would bet it could benefit from a 32mm objective and larger exit pupil too.
I have one on the way, now I have to wait for the rifle to put it on.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

What's a range?
I shot an NXS and Atacr one day and was really disappointed in the Atacr. Reticle was worthless on lower end, and illumination doesn't do crap on a sunny day. I hunt with scope turned down for quick action or if in timber. And I dial drop, so the only thing changing SFP substension values matter is for drift. Wind is voodoo anyway, and when I figure it out I dial that too. So a FFP doesn't offer me anything personally.
Went to my buddy's place last weekend. He just built a new 1000 yd range and it was the first time I'd ever shot that far. We had an inconsistent 10-20mph crosswind. He had a savage something or other in a chassis, topped with that ATACR MOA version you're talking about, and I had my lowly T3X topped with the 3-12 LRHS. Both 6.5's. A few thoughts :

ATACR was very unimpressive to me as well, with my very untrained tactical scope eyeballs
LRHS is head and shoulders better in most every area, IMHO.
Learning to dope inconsistent wind, consistently is like pissing in the wind. Up and down is easy,
Tikkas remain stupid, stupid accurate. My bud's were amazed, I expected it.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Went to my buddy's place last weekend. He just built a new 1000 yd range and it was the first time I'd ever shot that far. We had an inconsistent 10-20mph crosswind. He had a savage something or other in a chassis, topped with that ATACR MOA version you're talking about, and I had my lowly T3X topped with the 3-12 LRHS. Both 6.5's. A few thoughts :

ATACR was very unimpressive to me as well, with my very untrained tactical scope eyeballs
Learning to dope inconsistent wind, consistently is like pissing in the wind. Up and down is easy,

Not shocked at all, JG. That's the kind of shooting that hones wind doping skills. Nice work.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

^.5 bullets usually buck the crosswinds very well, so it is a bit less magic. I only go to 550 yards and the wind is huge concern, but the 6.5 is pretty forgiving.
We were shooting these bullets: They don't magically buck 20mph wind every time I don't think. Maybe it's just me.
143 ELDX .620
140 ELDM .610
140 HPBT .580
Prime 130 HPBT .583
© 24hourcampfire