Home
https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/toric-uhd-30mm-4-20x50-ffp-moa

Got this email today....looks like a lot of scope for under $1200....hefty at 34 oz.
Only 65 MOA of travel? Pictures look nice though.

Can we get one to pass around?
Uh oh, time for some dropping and tossing......

Hope they got it right, but 65MOA isn't going to get it for the long rangers, for targets way out there anyway. That one is supposed to be for hunters. I like my Tekoa a good bit for my hunting, .......so far.
I suspect there may be a pretty sizable number of hunters who like to shoot some long range that this scope might prove well suited for. I would like to try one, myself. But, as a policy, I don't throw my scopes around much.
The one linked above is MOA (adjustments and ret), the one below is MIL (adjustments and ret). Nice to have both options and common sense that they match. Both have illumination. 65 MOA or 25 MIL are the listed adjustment ranges which some folks may find a problem with...it would be fine for me, but I'm not dialing that long. Heavy, but that's expected, same a Nightforce 4-16x50 (which has a 34mm tube)...except the Tract has a 5x zoom and a 30mm tube.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/toric-uhd-30mm-4-20x50-ffp-mrad

Based on my experience with the Toric 2-10x42, if I was looking for something like this scope I'd go with it even with it being unproven. The Toric I've used has GREAT glass and dialing has been perfect so far...will work it more in the off season but I'm really liking it.

If it adjusts exactly and repeatably, for the price does anything come close to this?
Good information, thanks. I have the Toric 3-15x42 although have not used it extensively. My experience has been good.
Not horrible, but elevation travel isn’t what it should be and weight is more than it needs to be. LRHS/LRTS is still king of Long Range Hunting in my book.

John
The adjustment numbers are off, I believe. If the MRAD version has 25 MRAD total adjustment, that’s not terrible, and is equivalent to about 86 MOA, not 65 MOA.
34oz...
Kingston, love that sig line.
For some reason, I'm mildly surprised to see that Tract is still in business, let alone bringing out new products.
maybe their customers aren't members of the campfire...and they don't throw their scopes around.
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
For some reason, I'm mildly surprised to see that Tract is still in business, let alone bringing out new products.

You should be surprised that leupold is still in business
Reminds me of a shorter Weaver Tac 4-20x for some reason.

I'm not. While the cheap tactical model tested by form had serious issues, even before the tough stuff started, the upper-end models (made in Japan, with glass-etched reticles) have done well in a review by JB, as well as in the hands of shooters, including me. The Torics and Tekoas have good glass and seem to work well and track okay. Time will tell if they're built well enough to hold up. The vast majority of users seem to be satisfied with Leupolds, Vortex, and mid-priced Bushnells and the like, and I think the better Tracts are at least as good as those.
Hey you guys feel free to spend your money on products from an upstart company, hawked by a fast talking counter monkey who suckered people on this website into buying a few scopes, then mysteriously disappeared as soon as his wares were found lacking.

I'll spend my money elsewhere - for about the same price a guy could buy a Nightforce SHV 4-14......Nightforce is a known quantity, will likely be around in ten years for warranty work, and the resale is sure to be better.
Hey you guys feel free to spend your money on products from an upstart company, hawked by a fast talking counter monkey who suckered people on this website into buying a few scopes, then mysteriously disappeared as soon as his wares were found lacking.

I'll spend my money elsewhere - for the same price a guy could buy a Nightforce SHV 4-14......Nightforce is a known quantity, will likely be around in ten years for warranty work, and the resale is sure to be better.

If you were a hoarder you wouldn't have to worry so much about resale... grin

I'm holding out on cussing Tract until I see a problem with the one I'm using. I like more about the 2-10x42 Toric for hunting than any other scope I've used this season and that includes an NSX and a LRHS....and the Toric is substantially cheaper. Time will tell, season ends Saturday so I'll spend a lot more shooting and dialing with the scopes than the past couple of months. I hate for season to end but I'm looking forward to testing the scopes a bit more.

I'll spend my money elsewhere - for about the same price a guy could buy a Nightforce SHV 4-14......Nightforce is a known quantity, will likely be around in ten years for warranty work, and the resale is sure to be better.

Thank you, not that I needed permission to spend my money where I choose. Every company is an upstart in the beginning and the scope tested was their lower end model. If people were suckered into buying something they didn't want I haven't heard that complaint. Will watch with interest the responses to their new offering. Mean while have a plesant day.
Pappy and Sidepass,

Jon LaCorte, co-founder of Tract, stated to me that all of their scopes, including the low end model that Formi tested, are designed and built to the same standard for zero retention.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and have never seen a Tract in person.

Jason
Yeah, but what exactly does that mean? Kinda hard for scopes with different reticle designs (etched vs wire) to be " the same". The scope form tested had enough wiggle somewhere that the test rifle wouldn't group like it usually does. Clearly, something was amiss. A scope that costs less than $400 obviously has something of less quality or value than one from the same company that costs from close to $600 or more. Or should. Maybe they put them through the same tests, but there was an issue with QC, materials, or design that made that test scope flunk the basic test of letting that rifle shoot to its potential. My scope, so far, hasn't done that. If it does, I'll squawk. Until then, I have to say it's a good one, and well worth what I paid, based on my experience with one example of one model of scope. I'm not telling anyone what to buy, or carrying water for anyone, just relating events.

No dog either but can't see how your cheapest and best can be built to the same standard. However I am hopefull they are successful , gives us more options.
Always interesting to read analysis, opinions, etc on a product by people who have never laid eyes on , much less used a particular product. My Toric 8x42's are stellar performers, punching way above what they cost. The 3-15x Toric scope has been perfect as well, and no, I don't throw my crap around on purpose.
SWFA can build a 300 dollar scope to hold zero alongside their 1200 dollar model....
Pappy,

I hear what you're saying. But, that was what the co-founder stated. Are we supposed to ignore it, and make our own assumptions? Give those lower cost scopes a pass, just because we think it seems like the right thing to do?

I'm with you on, "what exactly does that mean?". When I pressed LaCorte, he didn't have much to say. Makes me either have little faith in the product, the co-founder, or both.

That said, I'm all for a new company with their own take on what hunters and shooters want.

Jason
I met the other founder today at a trade show. very nice guy. I talked to him about some of the things we would like to see. he also showed me you can get a "CDS style" turret as an accessory, their middle and upper lines are also japan built. I wish them well as a company and hope they do well. anyone got a link to the formidillo review. I did tell them if they have a scope that they are confident will pass my optics test that I did with the PST 2, (which failed BTW )I would let everyone know.
The ONLY Tract scope I've tested so far is a Toric 3-15x42. Started with my usual "test platform," a Heym SR-21 .300 Winchester Magnum that averages a little over .5" for 3-shot groups at 100 yards with 210 Berger VLD's at 2950 fps. The rings are Talley steel, with the bases Acra-Glased to the receiver to make sure they stay put. The recoil's enough for the rifle to have broken several scopes over the past several years. The Toric's adjustments worked exactly as advertised, every time, when tested the rifle/scope on steel out to 1000 yards--and after the LR testing I set the scope back on zero at 100 yards. It shot a typically small 3-shot group right where it was supposed to.

Then I put the scope on my NULA .30-06, also a very accurate rifle but more than two pounds lighter than the Heym with the scope. The rings were Talley Lightweights, Loc-Tited to the action, and the scope adjusted right to where it should with the appropriate number of clicks. Didn't shoot it as much or as far as the .300, but it worked perfectly.

After that put it on my very accurate 6XC, made by Charlie Sisk, and will see how it works some more soon. But it's been shook up plenty and still works exactly as it's supposed to.

In my night-time optics-chart test it rated as bright and sharp as any scope ever tested, but all the others cost over $1000. This one retails for around $700.

That's the only Tract scope I've tested, so dunno about the lower-priced line that's made someplace other than Japan, like the one Formidilosus tested. But I am skeptical about any claims about all their scopes being being made to the same standards. Have heard that too often from other scope companies, and so far haven't found it to be true.

The Torics are made in the same factory that makes several other very highly-regarded dialing scopes, so I don't see any reason they can't make this one work too. Admittedly have only tested a sample of one, but have corresponded with some other people who've tried Toric scopes and they report similar results.
Don't shoot the messenger. Just relaying what I was told, by Tract.

From Jon LaCorte, co-founder of Tract:

"The scopes go through a drop type test that simulates recoil, the recoil is similar to the same level of recoil generated by the extreme large caliber rifles like the 458 Lott and 458 Win Mag. Our scopes are made in the same factories as many of the other big name scopes, so they all have very similar recoil ratings."

"All of our scopes are designed for the same level of recoil resistance, durability as well as the mechanical construction such as tracking and return to zero"
I am no expert of any kind. But I bought a tract turion when it was on sale just to see. I would rate the glass right with the vx-3 that I removed from the rifle I put this scope on. Sighted in with 3 shots and adjustments worked perfectly. It shot a 1 1/4" 5 shot group just like my leupold would. I then purchased the custom turret set to my gun and load. 270 wsm 150 gr. at 3000 fps yada yada. Went back to the range and shot the same 5 shot 100 yard group. Dialed to 300 and shot a 4" 5 shot group. dialed to 500 and shot a 6" 5 shot group. I know not great but were are talking a stock mod 70 only trigger work. Dialed back to 100 and first shot was right in the same spot as before. Took it hunting in mexico and it bounced around in a utv for 5 days. Finally had an opportunity to shot a deer 185 yards and it was dead on. So far I am very impressed.
When I get my 6mm Fieldcraft, I've decided to put the Tekoa on it as It's got a good magnification range for the cartridge (and for accuracy testing with my old eyes). According to Talley, a 42mm scope will work with their low rings. Later, I may replace it with something a bit lighter and more compact for hunting, like a Trijicon 3-9, which I've been wanting to try. The more I fiddle with scopes with illuminated reticles, the more I like them.
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/2/2/tested-tract-toric-3-15x-42-mm-riflescope/
Originally Posted by kingston
34oz...

Yup. Heavier than a NXS. Non-starter right there.
I was just getting used to 20oz.
Guys you haven't even seen the scope yet and the trashing has started? I saw the scope first hand and its well built. Come on bitching about 34 oz? My Razors for pigs but I don't mind. This isn't a hunting scope its meant for a heavy tactical rifle. This scope has all the features the big guys have at a cheaper price. I just got back from Shot and the optics market has exploded. Everyone is getting in the game and some are upwards of 4K. In finishing a review of my Tract this weekend. I conducted some tall tracking tests and it worked perfectly. Im open minded almost every company these days has some excellent products. Even stuff Id never consider surprised me. I wish them the best.
The MOA version is being marketed as a LR hunting scope. They have an MRAD model for PRS, whatever that is (if it involves running AND shooting, count me out!)

Not trashing them either, my Tekoa is just fine........so far.

What Tract did you evaluate?
Originally Posted by bhoges
In finishing a review of my Tract this weekend. I conducted some tall tracking tests and it worked perfectly. Im open minded almost every company these days has some excellent products. Even stuff Id never consider surprised me. I wish them the best.

Awesome. Can you provide a link to your review, or post it here?

Thanks!

Jason
I’m still hoping for a review of this scope. Twice, in as many weeks, I’ve almost ordered one just to see it. What’s the word? Has anyone put one through its paces?
I’m still hoping for a review of this scope. Twice, in as many weeks, I’ve almost ordered one just to see it. What’s the word? Has anyone put one through its paces?

Sounds like a job for...... you! Come on, take one for the team!
All I need to know about Tract Optics’ riflescopes.... I learned from Trevor’s silence regarding the scope that never even made it into testing.

Form exposed the flaws.... Trevor provided a little lip service.... then disappeared. His silence on the matter is deafening.

Their binoculars, yes SKane..... I’m referring to multiple binocs, seem to perform well above their cost. I won’t buy one however, because of the lack of established history in the market, and the sub-par warranty.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12650788/1
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
All I need to know about Tract Optics’ riflescopes.... I learned from Trevor’s silence regarding the scope that never even made it into testing.

Form exposed the flaws.... Trevor provided a little lip service.... then disappeared. His silence on the matter is deafening.

Their binoculars, yes SKane..... I’m referring to multiple binocs, seem to perform well above their cost. I won’t buy one however, because of the lack of established history in the market, and the sub-par warranty.

Dogshooter , I have no idea what happened with Trevor. I know he moved and changed jobs. I don't believe he has been with Tract for some time. He didn't attend Shot this year either. All I can say is my optic can been excellent and the guys who run Tract are stand up men. Any questions you have they will answer.
Trevor was all over the Optics forum.... pimping Tract every chance he got. That was apparently part of his job. Then, as soon as his arranged test went south with Form..... he disappeared. He came back for a while after the move.... but vanished again quickly.

He was Tract’s guy here on the fire. If he’s gone, they shoulda replaced him. It’s just a bad look.
From what I heard Trevor bailed without saying a word and left them hanging. I'm thinking about taking his position over. Just not sure if I have the time myself. They need someone to answer questions on here. You can always go on their site for info. Jon gets back pretty quick.
Over the years I've tested a bunch of scopes. I do honest reviews and if somethings not right Ill say it. Starting up a new company is tough and your not going to have a limitless budget to come out with lots of scope options at first. For what you get for the price Tract is a solid brand. Sure Id like to see some changes in the 30mm but we cant all be pleased.
Trevor was all over the Optics forum.... pimping Tract every chance he got. That was apparently part of his job. Then, as soon as his arranged test went south with Form..... he disappeared. He came back for a while after the move.... but vanished again quickly.

He was Tract’s guy here on the fire. If he’s gone, they shoulda replaced him. It’s just a bad look.

It really sounds like a great idea to have someone answering questions and providing input on a product/company they are a part of. ...but considering the general attitude here on the campfire it's a losing battle. We'll find something to fuss about with any product before we ever have it in our hands.
Originally Posted by bhoges

Dogshooter , I have no idea what happened with Trevor. I know he moved and changed jobs. I don't believe he has been with Tract for some time. He didn't attend Shot this year either. All I can say is my optic can been excellent and the guys who run Tract are stand up men. Any questions you have they will answer.

Apparently not,as they failed to answer any questions as soon as their optic's quality was found to be questionable. Doesn't really matter if "Trevor" went elsewhere or not, as no one else at the company took care of the issue. At least Kimber has MCMXI trying to cover for their screw ups, though he's doing a really poor job in handling the situation.

Exactly.

After seeing Safariman's years of BSing so many members of the Fire, and continuing to get away with it, I really wasn't surpised to see Trevor's line of BS being taken hook, line, and sinker.

If Tract comes out with some kind of groundbreaking concept, I might give them a try, but currently they don't offer anything that isn't made by a bunch of other companies......and there are just too many other options out there to deal with a company who would employ Safariman 2.0.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I’m sitting on a pile of glass as it is, but maybe. laugh
SWFA can build a 300 dollar scope to hold zero alongside their 1200 dollar model....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12376485/1

SWFA 6x failed the drop test.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I’m sitting on a pile of glass as it is, but maybe. laugh

Need anymore? I got a couple of nice VX6 3-18x44 w/cds I can send your way....🤔
I recently put one of those on a Sako 85 Varmint 223 1:8.

The Tract didn’t even make it to the shooting portion of the test..... let alone a drop test.

You gotta look long and hard to find SWFA failures. Drop tests aren’t just the scope that she being tested..... bases and rings are challenged there too.

The Tract didn’t even make it to the shooting portion of the test..... let alone a drop test.

Well that’s hardly a fair comparison.
When I dropped an SWFA 3-9 from shoulder level, directly onto the scope, it held up fine.
I paid too much money for my gear to deliberately drop any of it on anything or otherwise abuse it. Accidents happen and I'm certainly not immune to tripping and falling. But, if I want to know which scopes hold up under hard use I just PM Formidilosus and ask him. Those young men who make a living shooting bad guys and competing in Tactical Matches here at home punish their equipment SO much more than I ever will. If a certain brand & model of scope holds up under those circumstances Formidilosus will be well aware of it. You can take what he recommends to the bank.

Formidilosus's testing of one of their lower tier scopes, and the scope subsequently failing, has kept me from buying one of the upper tier models. I'd like to have one as no one knocks the glass. But, the glass is useless if the adjustments aren't accurate and repeatable, and the scope doesn't hold zero.
Formidilosus's testing of one of their lower tier scopes, and the scope subsequently failing, has kept me from buying one of the upper tier models. I'd like to have one as no one knocks the glass. But, the glass is useless if the adjustments aren't accurate and repeatable, and the scope doesn't hold zero.

Mule Deer, among others, has posted his experience with a Toric, and while he didn't throw it around, he has used it a good bit on his standard test rifles (that have put other scopes in the ground) and it kept on ticking. When asked recently about scopes that have impressed him of late he listed two, the SHV and his Toric. That says a lot. The other reviews I've seen support his conclusions.

I wouldn't buy a Response myself, as the "features" don't fit my requirements, and I'm always suspicious of products loaded down with fancy stuff at a low price point. Form's test proved that theory, on his example anyway, right out of the gate before the tossing started. My conclusion is that it's built to appeal to a certain market and price point more than to a standard. My Tekoa, which
I took a chance on at 30% off, is built in the Japanese factory. It appears to be very similar to the Toric, but lacks the ED glass and has a 4x zoom, not 5x, which is enough to me to explain the price differential. When I bought it, Jon promised to take it back if it didn't measure up. Don't know if that's still the case, but he's not getting this one.

I'm not selling anything, for anybody, but since you said you want one, why not give it a shot? Call them and ask them about your concerns. In the last year, I've taken a chance on the Tract, an SS, and I'm up to three closeout Hawkes. So far, so good.
Tract offers a business model where the money that usually goes to distributors and marketing goes to better glass and better mechanicals, with the top models built at one of the best optics manufacturing facilities in the world. This would be a model to be encouraged, but not here.
That’s the same “model’ that SWFA uses.... and their scopes are all held to the same standard. They’ve been around for years, have a very solid reputation, and I’ve never heard a single complaint about “warranty” issues when a failure does arise.

I don’t give two schitts about Tract’s Business Model.... I care about performance, reputation, and warranty. Tract Optics can’t check any of those boxes.... so why would anyone drop $1000+ on an unproven, unreputable, and moderately warranted product.... when there are other options that check all the boxes?
That’s the same “model’ that SWFA uses.... and their scopes are all held to the same standard. They’ve been around for years, have a very solid reputation, and I’ve never heard a single complaint about “warranty” issues when a failure does arise.

I don’t give two schitts about Tract’s Business Model.... I care about performance, reputation, and warranty. Tract Optics can’t check any of those boxes.... so why would anyone drop $1000+ on an unproven, unreputable, and moderately warranted product.... when there are other options that check all the boxes?

Performance: a little research and you can find several reviews regarding them. Only 1 I know of that reveled a problem done by Form on a lower end model. Read some of the hands on results of using them....from an overall perspective I don't think there is more performance for the $ out there.

Warranty: - no time limit, no registration. You state it's moderately warranted. Which companies have a better warranty?

https://www.tractoptics.com/tract-trust

TRACT Trust Assurance

TRACT is about an experience - your experience. The TRACT Trust Assurance was created for you to be able to trust in the products you are buying. We believe in our optical designers, engineers and suppliers so strongly that we warranty our products against defects in materials and workmanship for a lifetime, without any unnecessary paperwork or mumbo jumbo mess. This warranty applies to product materials and construction under responsible use and does not include loss, theft or intentional damage.

At TRACT Optics, we feel that actions speak louder than words, so while we could write up a fancy warranty with all kinds of legal jargon, we prefer to take the gentleman’s approach and treat our warranty program as a matter of trust. Ownership of any TRACT product automatically falls under the TRACT Trust Assurance regardless of whether or not you are the original owner. No time limit applies and no registration is necessary.

In the unlikely event that one of our products does not perform in the manner in which it was designed and engineered, we will make it right and ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Should you have an issue contact us at [email protected]. We are 100% focused on providing you, our customer, with the finest quality and value in the optics industry.

Just know we appreciate the opportunity to share with you our passion for creating incredible products at a realistic price, all the while giving you first-rate customer service. Your experience is our responsibility.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Performance: a little research and you can find several reviews regarding them. Only 1 I know of that reveled a problem done by Form on a lower end model. Read some of the hands on results of using them....from an overall perspective I don't think there is more performance for the $ out there.

Warranty: - no time limit, no registration. You state it's moderately warranted. Which companies have a better warranty?

TRACT Trust Assurance

TRACT is about an experience - your experience. The TRACT Trust Assurance was created for you to be able to trust in the products you are buying. We believe in our optical designers, engineers and suppliers so strongly that we warranty our products against defects in materials and workmanship for a lifetime, without any unnecessary paperwork or mumbo jumbo mess. This warranty applies to product materials and construction under responsible use and does not include loss, theft or intentional damage.

At TRACT Optics, we feel that actions speak louder than words, so while we could write up a fancy warranty with all kinds of legal jargon, we prefer to take the gentleman’s approach and treat our warranty program as a matter of trust. Ownership of any TRACT product automatically falls under the TRACT Trust Assurance regardless of whether or not you are the original owner. No time limit applies and no registration is necessary.

In the unlikely event that one of our products does not perform in the manner in which it was designed and engineered, we will make it right and ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Should you have an issue contact us at [email protected]. We are 100% focused on providing you, our customer, with the finest quality and value in the optics industry.

Just know we appreciate the opportunity to share with you our passion for creating incredible products at a realistic price, all the while giving you first-rate customer service. Your experience is our responsibility.

In fairness, Tract’s warranty requires one to speculate they’ll be around to honor it.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

TRACT Trust Assurance

In fairness, Tract’s warranty requires one to speculate they’ll be around to honor it.

In fairness, that applies to everything you buy.

Also Social Security, pensions, insurance, investments, Remingtons, significant others, and so on into the night......🤔
Suggesting that the probability the US Government will be around in 25 years VS. Tract being around in 25 years as equivalent, is absurd.
Suggesting that the probability the US Government will be around in 25 years VS. Tract being around in 25 years as equivalent, is absurd.

Kinda what I was shooting for. Sorry you missed it. Next time I'll select my emoji more carefully.

How's this one?😛
That’s an updated warranty, it hasn’t always been that way. I haven’t payed much attention to them since Trevor schitt the bed. Good for them.... they can check off one box.

I’ve seen a few good reviews on all of the Tract line.... I’ve also seen good reviews on the Simmons Mag 44 line of scopes.

Tract is far more concerned with getting their scopes on the cover of Outdoor Life, than they are with true performance. Reputation is everything in this market.... their reptutation is rather soiled here on the Fire.
Any company can go under, what about Remington at this moment? Always wondered how some get to so many post? Know now 30 or 40 post on the same thing but bring nothing new to the subject. Good golly miss molly.
Says the dude who posted multiple times on the “Royal Wedding” thread....
Originally Posted by sidepass
Any company can go under, what about Remington at this moment?

Remington is continuing on through bankruptcy (debt for equity swap), and even if they went kaput, I suspect someone else would buy the name and warranty the products, as their name and classic wares are too storied to go away anytime soon.

If Tract goes under, you'd better be pretty handy with optics repair, because you'll be doing your own warranty work.
Why would someone want to guinea pig themselves for a $1k scope that already has had some false starts off the line? I see it has an appealing look cosmetically, but it’s had issues that are documented per this thread...Why not spend dollars for a SWFA fixed or variable for the same money or less, knowing you’ve actually got a scope that will trac, repeat, and return to zero?

Drop test??? That dude way up North threw his rifle with a SWFA all over the place, hitting the ground and rocks, several times...It’s was ridiculous, and painful to watch...He picked up his rig, dialed up 1200 yards and “Kalaaang”.

I had no idea what a SWFA scope was all about...Happy to live in my Leupold world...But, I had to see what all the love fest was about...I Bought one...Saw that the box it came in couldn’t last a day lining a bird cage...No information inside...Just one heavy, well built scope that has decent glass...All for $299... I would jump all over a SWAFA 5-20x50 for $1299 and free shipping before buying a Tract Toric. Piece of mind is worth money...😎
I've had a Toric 3-15 for 8 months.

I bought it because of its price and specs and I'm not disappointed. I live 9000 miles from the US and have no reason to support an inferior product or to promote Tract.

The image resolution and glass in general is about on par with my Zeiss HD5. It tracks very well (I have a CDS turret on it) and it hasn't lost its zero inspite of many knocks and falls (I'm 69 and seem to tip over very easily nowadays). Its been on a gun rack on a quade bike for hundreds of miles and shaken around. Its stood up to this every day use which I think is more indicative than out of context so called "drop tests".

Its had a real work out through hunting in rough terrain dozens of times. New Zealand hunting is tough.

I like the ballistic reticle which is easy to use - I've used the first dot at 300 yards several times. Over and above that range I dial the turret.

I've shot 7 deer since Christmas using this 'scope and really can't fault it except for maybe the fact that the parallax adjustment has a push/pull lock which annoys me when I'm in a hurry. More friction and no lock would be better.

I don't doubt that there is the odd dud Tract 'scope. Just like with other brands. But I'm a very happy customer and would buy another one without hesitation.

(I can't seem to load pics, but I guess I will figure it out)

Welcome to the Fire and thanks for the report on how well your Toric has held up to field use. I bought a Toric 2-10×42 late last year and can't wait to test it out this coming up season.
© 24hourcampfire