Home
Posted By: Cinch Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Just saw a smoking deal on these scopes if anyone's in the market... got my order in and thought I'd pass it on... they're on the very bottom of the page...

https://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/optics.html
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Wow Cinch, thanks for the link. I just paid $50 more than that for a mint in box non illuminated version. That's a smokin' deal for sure.
Thanks, cinch. I could use another for that price.... so I ordered 1.

How many you getting?
Posted By: Cinch Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Yes sir... I couldn't pass it up!
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Thanks, that is a great deal and I woulda snagged one but I already have 2 of them. One is on a custom long range 28 Nosler and the other is a NIB spare.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
I just ordered 2 more. Kid ordered one - he just doesn’t know it yet. <grin>

Anyone brave enough to mount these in Talley’s and tell me how they hold up?

JG/ Hunts, glad you got a poke at these. Guess now to wait and see how many George had and can fill.
I have a 3-12 in talley lw's. It is fine....
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Thanks for the heads up Cinch!
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I have a 3-12 in talley lw's. It is fine....

Thanks Hunts. Thinking that might be the best was to cut down and overall weight (and cost). Maybe mount one that way on my lightweight 300 Wby and see if it survives.

You use lows or extra lows Don?
Posted By: cowman Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Great deal, but they must be gone. I can't add one to the cart...
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by cowman

I just checked and it let me add one to cart and then proceed to check out.
Originally Posted by cowman

You might need to create an account first. Give it a try.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Been looking for just the perfect scope for about 2 years, right in my price point so I went for it. Should be spot on for my hunting rig.

And yup, had to build an account to get the order to go thru. grin

Posted By: cowman Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Got one, thanks for the heads up!
Thanks... I also have the 3x12 mounted in talley lw's all good!

How many you getting?

I ordered 2 and I’m thinkin about more pretty hard...
Posted By: SKane Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by Cinch

How many you getting?

Do it. Do it. Do it. smile

Thanks for the head's up.
Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
If I didn't have 2 nightforce scopes coming in today I would jump on several. I own 1 and it's a great scope.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
These blow out prices make me think something good is coming along. I'll hold off and wait. PLEASE don't be a 34mm.
CT, George Gardner said Bushnell was cancelling the LRHS line. My guess is it is because it is so similar to the LRTS.

Agreed, 34 mm is the wrong direction, but who are we. smile
There is always one, who just has to have the latest.......grin
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Cinch

How many you getting?

Do it. Do it. Do it. smile

Thanks for the head's up.

Freakin Enabler! smile
Good deal. I got mine. Thanks for looking out and notifying
FYI - Bushnell announced a 30% off promo starting today as well. I called and confirmed the SKU is valid. Not sure if the closeout pricing will affect it, but they listed it at $248 rebate. I sure know I would submit it online to verify. Even if it costs you a stamp, it's worth trying.

http://bushnell.com/global/promotions
SWFA also lists the HDMRii, LRTS as discontinued. I think they're "updating" pretty much all of their lines.
Originally Posted by ctsmith
These blow out prices make me think something good is coming along. I'll hold off and wait. PLEASE don't be a 34mm.

http://bushnell.com/tactical/riflescopes/elite-tactical/lrts-i-4-5-18x-44mm

dear god no 34mm, no one ever needs a 34 mm scope. its like the guy who drives a jacked up lifted truck and puts 22" low profile tires on it. The funny thing is I was talking to one of the founders of tract optics and he was telling me that a lot of times scope manufactures are using the exact same internals as a 30mm scope, given the adjustment range that burris has in the XTR, line hell maybe its the same internals as the 1" models. these companys essentially are marketing these as the big pecker scope. people like to compensate for something.
Posted By: JPro Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Thanks for the heads up. I nabbed one to give a look at. I'm hoping their inventory system works........
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

dear god no 34mm, no one ever needs a 34 mm scope. its like the guy who drives a jacked up lifted truck and puts 22" low profile tires on it. The funny thing is I was talking to one of the founders of tract optics and he was telling me that a lot of times scope manufactures are using the exact same internals as a 30mm scope, given the adjustment range that burris has in the XTR, line hell maybe its the same internals as the 1" models. these companys essentially are marketing these as the big pecker scope. people like to compensate for something.

Yep. I wonder where we are headed. I was looking around last night and saw the New Zeiss V8 series. The advertisement was talking about how compact the new 36mm tube design was.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by JPro
Thanks for the heads up. I nabbed one to give a look at. I'm hoping their inventory system works........

Yeah....I'm guessing they may be getting hit pretty hard right now.
I may have bad timing. I just spent my play money for right now on a 3-12 model for the same money.
lol....I spent a chunk of play money on the special imaginary edition of the 3-12 model a few weeks ago.
I'm guessing the party is over. I finally got around to placing an order, but I'm getting an error when I click submit order.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I may have bad timing. I just spent my play money for right now on a 3-12 model for the same money.

That’s not bad timing, IMO.
I like the 3-12 mo bettas.
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18

Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
I'm guessing the party is over. I finally got around to placing an order, but I'm getting an error when I click submit order.

I just ordered the $750.00 one without the Leatherman Tool with no problem.....

Yep. I wonder where we are headed. I was looking around last night and saw the New Zeiss V8 series. The advertisement was talking about how compact the new 36mm tube design was.

When weight doesn’t matter, 34mm tubes are stronger and allow more erector travel. For example, erector travel in the 30mm tubed 3-12 LRHS is about 24 Mils. The DMRII, a very similar design but with 34mm tube, has 34 Mils.
Originally Posted by rlp10ml

I just ordered the $750.00 one without the Leatherman Tool with no problem.....

Interesting. I sent them an email asking. We'll see.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
lol....I spent a chunk of play money on the special imaginary edition of the 3-12 model a few weeks ago.

Sorry buddy,I had forgot about that. No way to make the thief pay it back?
Interesting. Looks like I had 2 orders make it through. Looks like I need to go cancel one.
Interesting. Looks like I had 2 orders make it through. Looks like I need to go cancel one.

I would keep it if possible. I would think someone would be willing to give you a little profit if you want to fool with selling it.
Posted By: Gregdoo Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
I just ordered 2 without the Leatherman and got confirmation email. Thanks for the info about the rebate!

I would keep it if possible. I would think someone would be willing to give you a little profit if you want to fool with selling it.

Crossed my mind, but I may have seen a 3rd go through. Apparently reloading the page was not a good idea. Either way, they'll cancel them or I'll sell. If the rebate applies, it's win win.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

When weight doesn’t matter, 34mm tubes are stronger and allow more erector travel. For example, erector travel in the 30mm tubed 3-12 LRHS is about 24 Mils. The DMRII, a very similar design but with 34mm tube, has 34 Mils.

in that case your actually at least getting something. still with 24 mils thats quite a bit and more than anyone can use unless they are wanting to shoot to a mile and even then with an angled base they can probably still get there. not saying your incorrect but I haven't heard the 34mm tube is stronger argument. nightforce is the only company I see marketing thicker wall scope tube in their literature. maybe there are others. but I wouldn't just blanketly say all 34mm tubes are stronger unless its confirmed somewhere else.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Got another one on this sale. I have two, and they are pretty slick.
Posted By: Gregdoo Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/01/18
Looks like the well is dry....not listed on the OP's link now.

in that case your actually at least getting something. still with 24 mils thats quite a bit and more than anyone can use unless they are wanting to shoot to a mile and even then with an angled base they can probably still get there. not saying your incorrect but I haven't heard the 34mm tube is stronger argument. nightforce is the only company I see marketing thicker wall scope tube in their literature. maybe there are others. but I wouldn't just blanketly say all 34mm tubes are stronger unless its confirmed somewhere else.

A hollow tube with equal wall thickness and larger diameter is less likely to bend than a tube of smaller diameter.

Phuucker.. I have family that deals in horse heads and paper wrapped fish....let me know
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Phuucker.. I have family that deals in horse heads and paper wrapped fish....let me know

My friend, the thought is greatly appreciated but at the end of the day it's only $740 and would not be worth their time/effort....and I still have enough red in my neck that I'd prefer to follow up with him in person if legal measures Mr. warpig is looking into peter out.

Again, the thought is greatly appreciated and if you run out of things to do this spring come down to chase a turkey with me in AL!
Originally Posted by Akbob5
CT, George Gardner said Bushnell was cancelling the LRHS line. My guess is it is because it is so similar to the LRTS.

So not updating as some have speculated, but flat out getting rid of?
Damn. Was hoping they were going on a diet.
Another example of how Campfire members are vastly different than John Q Public
Just looked at the rebate form. It is valid from March 1st to the 30th. Elite Tactical Riflescopes are excluded. Oh, and I got one.
The Elite hunter are included. I called to verify.
even I am disappointed about them not offering this scope anymore, but the reality is this, since bushnell has been run into the ground with private equity sales and horse trading vortex came in and took nearly all their place in retail stores. The simple fact is if a customer wanted to see an LRHS in a store how in the hell would they ever be able to? no store in my entire areas carries any of bushnell's better stuff. On the competition side with the rest of their upper line like the DMR, and lrts people are likely able to look at the scopes on other peoples competition guns and at competitions. could it be the LRHS line just wasn't seen by very much of the public that would otherwise buy it? you almost gave to know about the scope to know to buy them.
I only have one LRHS. Because, well - I only need one. Such is the beauty of pic rings and pic rails.

But I will say this - I didn't know much about Bushnell before the LRHS.

Now that I've had one and run it through multiple rifles and platforms...my gold ring scopes are disappearing at an alarming rate.
Posted By: eddief Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/02/18
They better honor the 30% back from purchase price. Earlier today the Elite tactical scopes were not excluded. I printed out the rebate paper when I ordered my scopes and it is not on it. However, I did not order the Elite tactical, but they definitely added that later in the day. I printed mine out at 2:06 pm EST

Hopefully they don't try and pull a fast one and exclude the LRHSi after the fact like they did the Elite Tactical.
In all fairness, the accidentally omitted the elite tac. They didn’t show up on vendors sites or at the rebate center. LRHS showed up as being included on both.
so did some of you guys get the scope for $700 plus another 30% off?!?! I don't see them anymore on the GAP sight for that price anymore.
That is good news, glad you called. Absolutely killer deal at $750 and unbelievable with 30% back after that from Bushnell.
I grabbed 2. I’m hopeful the rebate works, but not holding my breath.
so did some of you guys get the scope for $700 plus another 30% off?!?! I don't see them anymore on the GAP sight for that price anymore.

I bought 2 of them for $750 each earlier today, one for each of my boys. GA must of sold out, because they are off the site. I heard from a little birdie that some more may be coming though, hopefully it pans out.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/02/18
Originally Posted by Akbob5

Agreed, 34 mm is the wrong direction, but who are we. smile

Belton at Bushnell said they will have a replacement out for the LRHS in June. The guy at the GA Precision sales desk told me they were going to fill in the LRHS gap with the LRTS. Doug at Cameraland told me that his sales rep At Bushnell would give him absolutely no info.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

John
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/02/18
I got in on the GAP sale. Has anyone gotten confirmation of shipping yet?
not here.
Posted By: cowman Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/02/18
nope
nope
Sale over? I didn’t see it listed. Just the 1450.00 one
Posted By: Tanker8 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/02/18
I contacted them, they said I should get tracking info early next week.
Posted By: Gregdoo Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/02/18
Thanks for the info....no tracking here yet, but will wait until next week. Thanks again to tarheelpwr for the rebate details confirmation too.

Originally Posted by Cypriss32
Sale over? I didn’t see it listed. Just the 1450.00 one

I'm seeing 1,499. Good to know the markup on these is over 100% crazy
Crap! I must have waited too long. Don’t see that deal any more, on the link.
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/03/18
I got shipping confirmation yesterday, but I opted for the fastest shipping option hoping to have it for the 2018 24HCF HH. Mine’s due to arrive Tuesday via Fedex.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/04/18
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I got in on the GAP sale. Has anyone gotten confirmation of shipping yet?

I did, opted for the fast shipping as well about $35. Looks like its halfway to my place, FedEx tracking said I'll have it Tuesday by 8pm.

I wonder how many off these gap blew out. The 3 order numbers I know of was 382, 413 and 422. Who was first and who was last?
I was 509 - 511
Posted By: 257 mag Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/04/18
453. No tracking but I chose the slow boat.....and my Firldcraft is sitting in the FedEx depot next to my office and is of bigger concern
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/04/18
Posted By: Terryk Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/04/18
So, at least 363 to 530? 167?
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/04/18
I hear ya Don and I’m as curious as everyone else, but all just guesses in the dark. Bunch of old kids at Christmas! At least I feel I’m in good company. <grin>
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/04/18
I was order #459. I opted for the fast shipping too, and shortly after I posted my question, I got shipping info emailed. I'll get mine Tuesday it looks like. It was only $8 more for 2 day shipping in my case. That was an unheard of deal on a great scope.
Posted By: coach71 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/05/18
Would anyone happen to know if the internals (repeatability) are the same for the LRS and the LRHS? The 5-15 LRS is a 21oz scope.

http://bushnell.com/tactical/riflescopes/elite-tactical/lrs-5-15x-40mm-mil-dot
Originally Posted by coach71
Would anyone happen to know if the internals (repeatability) are the same for the LRS and the LRHS? The 5-15 LRS is a 21oz scope.

http://bushnell.com/tactical/riflescopes/elite-tactical/lrs-5-15x-40mm-mil-dot

Nope
Got shipping notification

Scheduled delivery:
Thu, 3/8/2018 by end of day
Posted By: 257 mag Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/05/18
I order a total of 4 scopes on 2 different orders. The first order of 2 will arrive tomorrow and the second order of 2 will arrive Wed..
I called this morning and talked to a lady that said they had 275 scopes when the sale started.
$200K worth of scope sales....not too shabby for one day!
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/06/18
Originally Posted by ScottRousseau
Just looked at the rebate form. It is valid from March 1st to the 30th.

And my GA precision receipt is marked February 28. Well, that sucks......

Order #423 going to be a bunch of us in the same boat eek

Pays to not be able to sleep

Your Order #000000441
Placed on Mar 1, 2018, 1:14:40 AM
Time zone cheater..... My order is 442. One after you. But it is time stamped 10:41 feb 28th......
Time zone cheater..... My order is 442. One after you. But it is time stamped 10:41 feb 28th......
laugh
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/06/18
Yay for me...........

Your Order #000000459
Placed on Mar 1, 2018, 8:36:19 AM
According to my Visa card it looks like I have 3 scopes coming. Those first 2 transactions I thought weren't going thru.........

Well they did.
Originally Posted by 41rem
According to my Visa card it looks like I have 3 scopes coming. Those first 2 transactions I thought weren't going thru.........

Well they did.

Yep, and if you ask them to cancel, it’s 6%. They also will not combine shipping. It was a phoneminal deal, but my experience with GAP CS left a lot to be desired.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/06/18

Well they did.

When you get them, I may take another one off your hands if you so desire.

Well they did.

When you get them, I may take another one off your hands if you so desire.

Good to know, thanks JG.
Missed the sale any others FS
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/06/18

Well they did.

My brother missed the sale and might be willing to take one off your hands. Let me know if you want to part with one and I’ll check with him.

John

Well they did.

I'll take one off your hands, if you want to unload it.

Jason
Correction, one or two grin

PM sent.

Jason
wonder if bushnell is seeing that with a different price point maybe these scopes sell WAY more better and could reconsider getting rid of them.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/06/18
I really can't believe that I am going to get a rebate on top of the 800 dollar price. 560 for a 1200 dollar scope is pretty wild. Probably the best deal I ever got on a scope.
Posted By: Gregdoo Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/06/18
Anyone know which Butler Creek caps work on these? Or is there a better cap to use for these?
Originally Posted by Gregdoo
Anyone know which Butler Creek caps work on these? Or is there a better cap to use for these?

Aadland makes GREAT caps for it.
Posted By: daddie63 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/06/18
I'd be interested in buying one off someone too if there's any extra. Thanks all
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/07/18
Originally Posted by Gregdoo

Aadland makes GREAT caps for it.

They do look good @ $99.95.

Scope #1 arrived today, very nice looking unit.

I was planning to buy one after selling some guns, but at this price I ordered one smile

If the rebate comes through that would be SWEET.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/07/18
Got mine today. Not sure how much I'll use the illumination, but it's a sweet setup done right IMO. 6 months ago I didn't have any, now I've got three of these LRHS's. They are exceptionally well made, and at $750 it's downright stealing.
How are all you guys getting them?They musta lost my order as I've not even got any shipping info yet...
Posted By: mclevela Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/07/18
275 sold in 24 hours, Bushnell you might want to re-think abandoning the LRHS.
huntsman, I went ahead and paid the extra $8 for 2 day shipping. Ordered March 1, got it today. I got an invoice and shipping notice a couple of days after I ordered it.
Posted By: daddie63 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/07/18
I'm curious what rings and bases you would use to sit atop a Remington 700. Thanks in advance
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/07/18
Received a tracking email on mine late yesterday...I wasn't in a rush so used the cheapest shipping option.
Would somebody please give a review on the illumination in last light and give an actual weight on one of these when you get a chance? Thanks in advance. I'm mostly interested to know if the illumination will dial low enough to be used at last legal light without messing up night vision of the target. In my experience it has to be very dim and few scopes will adjust low enough.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/07/18

I have the 4.5-18 LRTSi, which is nearly identical to the LRHS. The short version is on its highest setting it is bright daylight visible. On its lowest setting it is just barely dark night visible so it does not hinder the picture whatsoever. Bushnell got it right.

John
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

I have the 4.5-18 LRTSi, which is nearly identical to the LRHS. The short version is on its highest setting it is bright daylight visible. On its lowest setting it is just barely dark night visible so it does not hinder the picture whatsoever. Bushnell got it right.

John

My sentiments exactly.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
Received a tracking email on mine late yesterday...I wasn't in a rush so used the cheapest shipping option.

My tracking emails started yesterday as well, so it looks like I'll have scopes #2 & #3 by late Monday morning.

41 grin
Posted By: CWD Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
I had no idea my order went thru until I received a FEDEX tracking email today.What a great surprise !!! Order #534
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
I called GAP today and asked if they sold more scopes than they had inventory and they said no. They were still sorting through orders. I asked them to pass a big thank you to George from all of us....I didn’t figure anyone would mind.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
I ordered mine on March1, standard 25 dollar ground shipping. It will arrive tomorrow March 9.
Mine was #489.
Originally Posted by Terryk
I ordered mine on March1, standard 25 dollar ground shipping. It will arrive tomorrow March 9.
Mine was #489.

Same here. Had 509 & 510, arriving tomorrow.
Posted By: JPro Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
Hmm. I was order 493, standard shipping, and I've not heard a peep......
Just mounted mine on the 6.5 WSM Super Grade. Might get the call for the rifle cow elk hunt in Oktober.
Posted By: JPro Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
Hmm. I was order 493, standard shipping, and I've not heard a peep......

Looks like they had my email wrong. Should arrive tomorrow.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
Mine just got delivered...
Posted By: cowman Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
Called on mine today, it should arrive today also. #428 I never got the tracking until I called. For the folks that missed out, you can get on the short list by putting 500 down.
Posted By: Tanker8 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/08/18
Was told the next shipment was scheduled to arrive on 7/13. I put my deposit down on another 1.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/09/18
Would somebody please give a review on the illumination in last light and give an actual weight on one of these when you get a chance? Thanks in advance. I'm mostly interested to know if the illumination will dial low enough to be used at last legal light without messing up night vision of the target. In my experience it has to be very dim and few scopes will adjust low enough.

FedEx delivered while I was shooting. Since my driveway is my shooting range I had to take a break to let him in. I threw one on the scale and it came up as 1lb 11.9 oz....~28oz. It's a hawg.

Spent a few minutes playing with illumination. Setting 11 is BRIGHT and daylight visible. Setting 1 is dim and I had to close the door on the pantry to see it. Both were on 4.5 x when I tried them.

I thought the 3-12 was big enough to drive nails with. The 4.5-18 is big enough for busting rock.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/09/18
FWIW, the eye relief and eye placement is very forgiving at 18x. Unusually so IME.
FWIW, the eye relief and eye placement is very forgiving at 18x. Unusually so IME.

Yeah, I was really surprised. Eye relief seems constant and I was expecting a much tighter view at 18x. Set on 6x is VERY NICE....lots of wiggle room, good reticle, great eye relief.
Posted By: 7fa Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/09/18
anyone try to submit the rebate on these? I tried online but looks like it won't accept the UPC code... fine print looks like tactical models are not eligible
Elite Tactical scopes are not eligible for the rebate.

FedEx delivered while I was shooting. Since my driveway is my shooting range I had to take a break to let him in. I threw one on the scale and it came up as 1lb 11.9 oz....~28oz. It's a hawg.

Spent a few minutes playing with illumination. Setting 11 is BRIGHT and daylight visible. Setting 1 is dim and I had to close the door on the pantry to see it. Both were on 4.5 x when I tried them.

I thought the 3-12 was big enough to drive nails with. The 4.5-18 is big enough for busting rock.

Thanks my friend.I really appreciate that. It makes me feel a little better about spending my money on the 3-12 version. I wanted illumination but that is getting on the heavy side for my style hunting.
Posted By: JPro Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/09/18
So these were eligible for the rebate at first, but then Bushnell changed the wording? Did anybody print out the form that did not exclude the Elite Tactical?

I just got mine mounted on a rifle and I like what I see. I was worried the reticle would be too thin for hunting use at 8-10x but I think it'll be alright.
I printed a few out a couple of days ago but didn't read through all the fine print. Good deal either way, great deal if the rebate goes through.
Posted By: JPro Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/09/18
True, but it seems odd that several here called and were told it was eligible at first, which probably contributed to some folks buying the scope. The online rebate center now says the SKU is not valid for the rebate.

I wonder if somebody has a paper or digital copy of that original rebate form, if it was actually different.
Yeah, that's kind of a bait and switch. I left the printed forms in my office. Monday I'll compare them to what's up now.

These links don't have the tactical listed on the forms:

http://bushnell.com/Bushnell/files/26/26c60a67-9d68-49cd-a4f4-3d2ebc862c19.pdf

http://bushnell.com/Bushnell/files/db/db185a2e-cbde-4014-a09b-f6fdf8773997.pdf

The wording on the website is:

"Purchase a Bushnell binocular, riflescope, hunting laser rangefinder, or spotting scope and receive 30% of your purchase price back in the form of a Bushnell Visa Prepaid Card. Offer excludes Bushnell Golf, Bushnell BackTrack GPS, Bushnell Trail Cameras, Bushnell Elite Tactical Riflescopes, and Bushnell TRS-25 products."

I'm not sure the "Bushnell Elite Tactical Riflescopes" was there originally. Regardless, if you browse their website, the LRHS is under hunting scopes, not Elite Tactical. The refund is a fair chunk of change......
Posted By: 7fa Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/09/18
Agree- i seem to remember the verbiage on the 1st link you included when I looked at the form the night I ordered... the second link does list the elite tactical being excluded at the top - which is what it listed on the website now. Good deal regardless.
Posted By: JPro Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/10/18
Thanks for those links. The first one is the one I was thinking of. Saved it....
Just received mine today, First impressions:

GA P packages scopes very well for shipping!

Visually, the scope is appealing. Not easy to do in a tube with so much capability.

This thing has a LOT of eye relief. Didn't expect that at all,
Optics are hard to judge off the hood of a truck freehand, but what was visible impressed me.

Can't wait to shoot this beast!
Well I got a few on preorder.
Posted By: 7fa Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/10/18
Just got a closer look the 1st rebate link JM posted that does not exclude the Elite scopes- fine print says its only valid in Canada...
Posted By: JPro Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/10/18
lol.......canada..... dadgum it....

We get hosed on them up here, so including them in the rebate is a consolation prize. wink
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/10/18
That guy should read the links before he posts, eh?

...thanks for catching it!
Posted By: Terryk Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/11/18
I got the Leatherman MUT tool with mine.
I have AR15s, but I don't feel the need for this tool.
Am I missing something?
Mounted mine this morning on a 243 and hit the range this afternoon.

Nice scope all around except for one thing... The sidefocus knob is so stiff it could use a throw lever to move it... That typcial?
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/11/18

We get hosed on them up here, so including them in the rebate is a consolation prize. wink

LOL, hoser!
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/11/18
For you guys with February 28th orders on multiple scopes, you might ask if Georgia Precision will do a return w 6% restock and resell you the scopes in March. At $225/ea, that could mean a lot of extra $$ in your pocket.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/11/18
I filled out the online Bushnell 30% rebate form online, and it rejected the SKU code. I think we're out of luck with trying to get a rebate on these LRHS's.
I’m calling on Monday. They looked up the model number for me and confirmed on the phone before I ordered. Optics planet also lists the rebate for that scope, but they exclude the Elite Tac HDMRii, so I’m not giving up yet.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/11/18
I filled out the online Bushnell 30% rebate form online, and it rejected the SKU code. I think we're out of luck with trying to get a rebate on these LRHS's.

Might want to try again. There have been multiple versions of the Bushnell rebate form this most current one looks like it'll work for our LRHS 4.5-18X 44mm scopes.

Take a look....

https://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-elite-tactical-hunter-4-5-18x44mm-riflescope.html

https://media.midwayusa.com/cms/rebate/2018_2/2018_bushnell_30_30days_promotion_mir.pdf

no Elite restriction.
Posted By: eddief Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/12/18
Just got off the phone with vista outdoors who is handling the rebate crap for Bushnell 30 for 30. They told me that I will have to send in the rebate form I have which does not exclude the 4.5-18x44 LRHSi and they will honor it. We will see, I talked with an Ashley on 3/1/18 who punched in the product# for the scope and it was good. Yesterday i tried to submit the rebate info through the website, and all of a sudden the upc codes were rejected, hence the call today.

Today I asked for a supervisor thinking they would be aware of this issue, but she seemed numb to it. Her name was Jonella, she was the one who said, send it in and we will take care of it. When I asked her what happens if it doesn't go through, she said call back and they will honor it because this conversation is recorded.

So if you guys call today ask for Jonella, if we get enough to call we better our chances. Great deal even without the rebate, but it's the point that they switched it after the fact.
Posted By: Gregdoo Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/12/18
Thanks for sharing the info eddief. Hopefully they make good on it considering that they had said it was a good SKU initially.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/12/18
Thanks Eddie. I'll give that a whirl. You're right though, great deal anyway.
So I spoke to someone who had a clue at Vista.

The issue is this. The SKU: E45184HI is valid for the rebate. The problem is, the UPC they have associated with it in their system does not match the UPC on the box of the scope. The box shows: 029757451804. The UPC they have associated with this scope is 029757451835, so the last 2 digits are different. I was instructed to submit the rebate with the UPC he provided me ending in 35, but MAKE SURE the actual item SKU is on there as well - easy fix since I'm taking a picture of the box to submit the online rebate. They would look it up based on that.

Since it's an online submission, I'm going to try that after work today and let it run until right before the deadline for paper submission. If it is not approved, or I don't get confirmation, then I'll mail in all the info with a rebate form that does not exclude this scope.

The issue is this. The SKU: E45184HI is valid for the rebate. The problem is, the UPC they have associated with it in their system does not match the UPC on the box of the scope. The box shows: 029757451804. The UPC they have associated with this scope is 029757451835, so the last 2 digits are different. I was instructed to submit the rebate with the UPC he provided me ending in 35, but MAKE SURE the actual item SKU is on there as well - easy fix since I'm taking a picture of the box to submit the online rebate. They would look it up based on that.

Since it's an online submission, I'm going to try that after work today and let it run until right before the deadline for paper submission. If it is not approved, or I don't get confirmation, then I'll mail in all the info with a rebate form that does not exclude this scope.

When did you speak to them and did you get a name by chance? They also ran the sku: E45184HI today for me and said it's no good. I hope you are right
Originally Posted by eddief

When did you speak to them and did you get a name by chance? They also ran the sku: E45184HI today for me and said it's no good. I hope you are right

I did not. That is the second time I've had them verify the SKU is valid. The first phone call I made before I placed the order I literally had to walk the guy through how to search on a computer. I taught him Ctrl F brings up a search. So, there is a drastic difference in the competence of their CS reps. I asked for a supervisor when I called, but this guy asked to help me first. I had complete faith he knew what he was doing - unlike the other call.
I just called them back and they said they are waiting on a updated list from Bushnell, so hopefully they get the correct UPC code from the box associated with the scope.

She said not to submit the other number because ultimately they will go off the upload picture of the actual UPC off the box. You hit the nail on the head with the competence remark. This lady was Anna Marie and she was on it. I'm going to just send in through mail and see what happens, no more time wasted time on this.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/12/18
I just called them back and they said they are waiting on a updated list from Bushnell, so hopefully they get the correct UPC code from the box associated with the scope.

She said not to submit the other number because ultimately they will go off the upload picture of the actual UPC off the box. You hit the nail on the head with the competence remark. This lady was Anna Marie and she was on it. I'm going to just send in through mail and see what happens, no more time wasted time on this.

Well, I went ahead and sent mine in via mail, as per your post on talking to the supervisor. I name dropped Jonella's name, the situation, and will wait and see. I also sent in the rebate form that doesn't exclude any elite scopes.
I submitted with the supplied UPC. We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure it will depend on the luck of the draw as to which employee processes it.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/13/18
Originally Posted by Nebraska
For you guys with February 28th orders on multiple scopes, you might ask if Georgia Precision will do a return w 6% restock and resell you the scopes in March. At $225/ea, that could mean a lot of extra $$ in your pocket.

What's Georgia precision? Why would they have anything to do with a scope from GAP?
Originally Posted by Kaleb

What's Georgia precision? Why would they have anything to do with a scope from GAP?

GAP aka GA Precision rifles!
Georgia ?....!
Seems my parts were mailed to Missouri when they built my 6 creedmoor
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/13/18
It is not Georgia Precision...

John
Do they have that creedmore caliber?
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/25/18
I just received an email stating “The UPC barcode submitted was invalid for this offer” for my mailed rebate submission. I used the correct form and mailed the UPC from the box. I called, but they’re not open today.
the fight begins
Posted By: RHutch Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/25/18
That sux. I been sitting on a rebate form for a week debating if I want to put my self through the fight to get the rebate or simply sell the scope that I never really needed anyway.
I’ll update you tomorrow. I have a guys name that told me once it’s rejected, call back and he’ll match the SKU and process it that way. I’m calling tomorrow.
Good deal
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/25/18
👍🏼
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Kaleb

GAP aka GA Precision rifles!

Aka G.A. Precision. Not Ga. Precision.
Rebate status on the website is now showing APPROVED and MAILED for me. They confirmed $450 is heading my way. I had to jump through some hoops, but this should help you all.

1) The original rebate will be declined assuming you submitted online with the supplied UPC (ending in 35). They will send you an email asking for more info. WAIT for the email before you call. Your claim will be locked until then.
2) Make sure you have the UPC they provided (last 2 # are 35) as well as the UPC on the box.
3) Make sure you have the SKU
4) Explain the situation. The UPC they have in the system does not match the UPC on the box. The SKU DOES match.
5) Don't take no for an answer.
4) Ask for the supervisor, Katherine. I spoke with Gloria and hit a wall. Once she got the supervisor, she entered everything in and got it processed.

I let them know they're probably going to get about 500 calls for this : ) Hopefully #2-5 above are moot points since this is a known issue with a verified solution. You MIGHT be alright if you speak with Gloria or Jeremy as well, but I know Catherine knows how to fix this for sure.
I mailed in my rebate form yesterday for the purchase of a LRHS from GAP. I purchased the scope and multi-tool combo for $800 and the invoice was not itemized. We shall see how it goes.
So if the rebate goes through you guys actually got the scope for $300?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/29/18
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
So if the rebate goes through you guys actually got the scope for $300?

The scopes were $750. The rebate is 30%.
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/29/18
$750 - (0.7x750)+shipping=$Actual Cost
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/29/18
Originally Posted by kingston

?
Got it. I read Tarheels post where he got $450 back and didn't realize he ordered two. $525 was still a smokin deal on these!
I had both my online rebate submission and my mailed submission denied.

My online submission used the substituted UPC code in the pull down menu as per:

Then I mailed in a submission per a phone conversation with Vista and this:
Just got off the phone with vista outdoors who is handling the rebate crap for Bushnell 30 for 30. They told me that I will have to send in the rebate form I have which does not exclude the 4.5-18x44 LRHSi and they will honor it. We will see, I talked with an Ashley on 3/1/18 who punched in the product# for the scope and it was good. Yesterday i tried to submit the rebate info through the website, and all of a sudden the upc codes were rejected, hence the call today.

Today I asked for a supervisor thinking they would be aware of this issue, but she seemed numb to it. Her name was Jonella, she was the one who said, send it in and we will take care of it. When I asked her what happens if it doesn't go through, she said call back and they will honor it because this conversation is recorded.

So if you guys call today ask for Jonella, if we get enough to call we better our chances. Great deal even without the rebate, but it's the point that they switched it after the fact.

Then on Tuesday 3/27, after both submissions were rejected, I called and explained the situation. The representative expeditiously corrected the situation and arranged for the appropriate rebate to be sent out.

Vista’s response was first class.
Originally Posted by kingston

?

LOL! Yea that doesn’t add up...

(0.7x750)+shipping=$Actual Cost

Or

750 - (0.3x750) + shipping=$Actual Cost
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 03/29/18
Mine is in house via mail with Vista and pending. I anticipate having to make a phone call to correct it. We'll see. At least they are making it right in the end.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 04/05/18
Any updates?

About to send my paperwork in for 3 scopes

Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 04/05/18
Send it in. Just make sure to use the right form.
Tag so I do this correctly
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 04/06/18
Anymore of these scopes available?
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 04/06/18
There will be come early July.
Heard a rumor that they are taking deposits on them ($500) for when they com in, in July. I’d be reluctant to give em that much cash up front.
So I call Vista after my rebate was rejected yesterday.

I get a Derrick who acts knowledgeable about the problem and claims there is nothing he can do about it. He says he got an updated list from Bushnell "in the last day" and the E45184HI is not on the approved list.

I asked for a supervisor and he said there's no use. This scope is not being honored.

NOT GOOD on Bushnell.
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Heard a rumor that they are taking deposits on them ($500) for when they com in, in July. I’d be reluctant to give em that much cash up front.

I would put it on a CC and not worry one bit. GAP didn't try to swindle anyone on these scopes,and you have the extra protection of the CC anyway. I would just make sure the statement would reflect that it was a deposit on item not yet received.
Posted By: kingston Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 04/07/18
That sucks. I'd call again.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 04/08/18
[align:left][/align]
Originally Posted by waterdoctor
So I call Vista after my rebate was rejected yesterday.

I get a Derrick who acts knowledgeable about the problem and claims there is nothing he can do about it. He says he got an updated list from Bushnell "in the last day" and the E45184HI is not on the approved list.
I asked for a supervisor and he said there's no use. This scope is not being honored. NOT GOOD on Bushnell.

What is up with all the back & forth on this rebate??

Whoever is running this show must have there head up.... mad

Posted By: cowman Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 04/13/18
Mine was rejected initially with the mail in rebate (I used the correct form), made one call, spoke with Derrick, problem solved in 5 minutes or less. FWIW Thanks to those who did the legwork prior. I did promise the Visa rebate card to my wife, which made things a little smoother around the house grin
Posted By: REDVANES Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 08/13/18
Dang... how did I miss this? $750 + 30% rebate? Anybody buy an extra they don’t need 😊
You can still get in on it. Don't linger......call today
Posted By: REDVANES Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 08/13/18

And the 30% rebate?
Originally Posted by REDVANES

And the 30% rebate?

The 30% rebate was back in March. I do not see a current rebate by Vista for Bushnell purchases made now.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 sale - 08/13/18
Bushnell denied my rebate in March
I haven’t been able to get GAP to return my calls:(
© 24hourcampfire