Home
Looking at the Night force SHV 3-10x42 with IHR reticle for a 338-06. Any comments on the IHR reticle for hunting, especially crawling around the timber?

Thanks.
If the "filled" areas of the outer bars extended all the way in so that the "hollow" bars were filled it would be great. Makes no difference in open areas but in thick stuff it hurts. The thin inner plex can get a little lost in heavy shadows and thick brush but you can usually find it, just not a quick reticle in thick stuff, heavy shadows/bright sunlight, or low light. Thin inner plex is excellent for precision. The illuminated model is excellent for last light but not bright enough to see in daylight.

I'm a heavy duplex fan so my review may be jaded. If they extended the filled section of the outer bars all the way in I'd own several of them.
I like mine a lot for hunting out west, I don't have any experience crawling around in timber with it. Euro-Optic has 4-14x56 Illuminated IHR's on sale for $845 I believe, that's a heck of a deal. It weights 10 oz. more that the 3-10. Good luck!
I’ve thought about an SHV with a Forceplex.
That's the direction I'm headed. Been waiting to see if they go on sale but so far haven't found any.
If anyone is interested in saving some money and wanting a 3-10 SHV but with MOAR reticle I will cut them a pretty decent deal on the one I am selling. Less than a year old. Just want MILs to match my other scopes so the LRHS stays and SHV goes. If not I will list it in the classifieds here shortly. Have original box and all that good stuff.
I have used the IHR in NXS compacts for several years. I mostly hunt in open mountains, but I do a couple of weeks of hunting each year in the Northern Idaho panhandle in woods that are about as dark as any. Especially when I am there in November. During the day, I don't have any trouble seeing the reticle. When it starts to get dark, I turn the illumination on if need be.
© 24hourcampfire