Home
Does anyone know something about this scope or brand? I've never heard of them before.
Yes, Romanian manufacture. Very high quality. Superb optics. Steel tube, Schott (or however you spell it) glass. A bit heavy compared to most 4x scopes. I have visited the factory in Bucharest and bought the 4x32. A few years afterward, I foolishly sold it. IOR Valdata has been manufacturing Bomb sights and other precision optics since WW 1. RJ
The importers website and the SWFA site offer it, but say almost nothing about what it is.
Very good little scope. Optics are excellent. They are steel tubes so a little on the heavy side. There's one with a #1 reticle for sale in the classifieds.
I have a 6+42 on my 338-06AI. Great scope. Optics are very clear. Duplex reticle has rather thick crosshairs which I like for hunting low light in the bush. Like others have mentioned they are a little heavy but whatever. They are built like a tank. I've had mine now for 10 years and no problems. Hope this helps in your decision. SWFA was a joy to deal with too.
I have a 6x with a 30mm tube. Glass is very good. It is very heavy for a fixed six, but I have it on a short barreled 54 cal muzzleloader and I really like the extra weight. With the recoil of the rifle, I have never had any problems with the scope but I don’t shoot my muzzleloader all that often outside of hunting season.

If you can live with the steel tube weight they are a good buy.
© 24hourcampfire