Home
Posted By: CJC73 Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/04/18
I see a deal for buy a 4.5-14x42 and get a 3-9x40 free. Both have the ballistic plex reticle.

And to make it sweeter, I found an online coupon making it less than $300 for them.

Any opinions?

Thanks
That's not bad!
I'd be interested to know if they have the same grade of internals as the FFII scopes, which have a great rep here for holding zero. Are they an improvement, a downgrade, or just a cosmetic re-do of the FFIIs?
I only have the 4.5-14 E-1 and It's worked great on the 338-06. I've no experience with the 3-9 E-1

Mine is the first generation that adjusts parallax at the front, not the side.

The etched reticle is as easy to use as the FFII , I like the E-1 better.

Regardless of what your ballistic app says, shoot to confirm the actual ranges of the holdovers with your load.
I have an E1 3-9x40 with the simple duplex reticle. It is very clear and has held up fine. I bought it on sale for $150 and am very pleased with the quality and value.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/06/18
Originally Posted by CJC73
I see a deal for buy a 4.5-14x42 and get a 3-9x40 free. Both have the ballistic plex reticle.

And to make it sweeter, I found an online coupon making it less than $300 for them.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Where did you find the online coupon?
https://www.burrisoptics.com/promotions
Looks like the deal ended April 30th,
Posted By: ingwe Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/06/18
Local Sportsman Whose still has the deal going on for $379
Posted By: ckat Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/06/18
I have [had] several Burris scopes. All have been clear and held zero very well. I have a 6x40mm FFII on my 6x45 truck gun. It gets ABUSED!!! Thrown around, bumped, beaten up - it has NEVER lost perfect zero.

I had one 4.5-14x42mm E1 for a while. I loved the etched reticle. The bulk is what caused me to sell it; but with that said, I am a bit of a minimalist on rifle scopes. I generally don't like more than 40mm or so. The 42mm Burris with AO seems more like a typical 50mm outside diameter.
I put one of the newer side focus 4.5-14x42 on yes, the dreaded Creedmoor. It has the long range ret. Havent had a chance to get to the range with it yet.

One thing I dont get, is the 42mm objective on the Burris is larger diameter than a 44mm Meopta?
I have several E1 3-9x40. I have no experience with the FF II but really like the E1. As per Burris, because I asked, the E1 is basically a FF II with etched reticles, better turrets, and a difference magnification method ( ring vs turning whole occular). A buddy knocked my Kmber MT with E1 on to the pavement last deer season. It put a good ding in the vertical cap but didn't move zero. I'll say I've replaced several Leup VX3 with E1s. I found a deal on E1 with the Plex reticle. I scooped up 3 of them.

I've also been testing scopes and the E1 is every bit as good as a VX3 with respect to seeing dark targets at the ends of daylight. The last 2 to blink out to my eyes are the VX-3 and E1. I dig them.
Posted By: CJC73 Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/07/18
Originally Posted by ingwe

Any opinions?

Thanks

It was on flea bay and a couple days ago flea bay had 15% off coupon available. I missed out on the two for 1 deal for $267 because my phone died, but did pick up the 4.5-14 with LR Moa reticle for $205
I picked up the E1 3-9x40 with duplex reticle earlier this year for 149.00, it's a good solid scope for the price. I had a fullfield II for over 10yrs with zero issues so I figured the E1 would be just as durable.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/07/18
Originally Posted by ingwe

Any opinions?

Thanks

It was on flea bay and a couple days ago flea bay had 15% off coupon available. I missed out on the two for 1 deal for $267 because my phone died, but did pick up the 4.5-14 with LR Moa reticle for $205

Thanks!
Posted By: JGray Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/07/18
Originally Posted by bwinters
I have several E1 3-9x40. I have no experience with the FF II but really like the E1. As per Burris, because I asked, the E1 is basically a FF II with etched reticles, better turrets, and a difference magnification method ( ring vs turning whole occular). A buddy knocked my Kmber MT with E1 on to the pavement last deer season. It put a good ding in the vertical cap but didn't move zero. I'll say I've replaced several Leup VX3 with E1s. I found a deal on E1 with the Plex reticle. I scooped up 3 of them.

I've also been testing scopes and the E1 is every bit as good as a VX3 with respect to seeing dark targets at the ends of daylight. The last 2 to blink out to my eyes are the VX-3 and E1. I dig them.

That's good to hear - I've also been replacing a lot of scopes and have been buying up the discontinued Burris C4 3-9x40's (8 of them so far). I've assumed they they were similar to the FFII and the same as the E1 with a different etched reticle. I've been really liking these scopes...
Posted By: bersh Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/07/18
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by bwinters

That's good to hear - I've also been replacing a lot of scopes and have been buying up the discontinued Burris C4 3-9x40's (8 of them so far). I've assumed they they were similar to the FFII and the same as the E1 with a different etched reticle. I've been really liking these scopes...

The C4 is a step up from the FFII, closer to the Signature line.
Posted By: JGray Re: Burris Fullfield E1 opinions - 05/07/18
At +/- $200 a pop for the C4's, it sounds like a lot of scope for the money!
© 24hourcampfire