Home
Posted By: 1Akshooter Bushnell for .300 Win. mag. - 07/13/18
Which of the two would be best for hunting Alaska with my LAW .300 Win. Mag. The Bushnell 3-12 or 4.5-18 LRHS? Or are they so close in weight and eye relief it does not matter? I have my .338 Winny as my "all around" for Alaska.
The same scope and rifle you use anywhere else will work just fine here in AK.
Posted By: Dre Re: Bushnell for .300 Win. mag. - 07/16/18
Sorry.
I just can not warm up to bushnell.
Monarch, viper, vx3, you get the point
Originally Posted by Dre
Sorry.

No. what’s your point?
Posted By: Dre Re: Bushnell for .300 Win. mag. - 07/16/18
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Dre
Sorry.

No. what’s your point?

Me, personally...
I’d choose other scopes for hunting long range in Alaska.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Bushnell for .300 Win. mag. - 07/16/18
I started using more Nightforce scopes these days on my rifles I take on expensive hunts and mostly now on all my hunts.have much more trust in a NIghtforce scope these days.
The 3-12 is where I would go.
Posted By: rj308 Re: Bushnell for .300 Win. mag. - 07/16/18
Originally Posted by Dre
Sorry.

I don't look down my nose at any of those scopes. If a person cannot afford or does not want to spend all of his disposable income on a scope, a Bushnell, Monarch, viper or a vx3 will get the job done. RJ
I've had great satisfaction from the Bushnell 3200 series. In Alaska I would think anything like their Rainguard coatings would be preferrable. I have also had great experience with some of the Medium priced Burris, from the Fullfield II and up, even their Timberline. The old Nikon Monarch and such...but Leupold is my maintstay nowadays. If your rifle doesn't have backup irons then just take an extra scope in mounts that you can fall back on for a spare. Go hunt and have a ball!
Originally Posted by rj308
Originally Posted by Dre
Sorry.

I don't look down my nose at any of those scopes. If a person cannot afford or does not want to spend all of his disposable income on a scope, a Bushnell, Monarch, viper or a vx3 will get the job done. RJ

I like it.
I’ve warmed up to Bushnell these last few months. Now owning and shooting behind the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 with 30mm tube and side parallax. Clear, bright and functioning as expected...Unfortunately, this scope is no longer being manufactured. My LRHSi scopes should be landing end of the month...Wringing my hands in anticipation to get them mounted and see how they work for elk hunting...😎
Posted By: hanco Re: Bushnell for .300 Win. mag. - 07/19/18
3x12 would be good, keep it on 3 power.
© 24hourcampfire