Home
Posted By: stevevan1 Kahles Helia C 6x42(?) - 07/15/18
I need a little help. I have an opportunity to acquire a Kahles Helia C 6x42 scope. I do not have the scope in hand as it is a possible internet transaction. I've become a fan of Kahles and this scope has my interest but I've Goggled this particular model and can't seem to find too much info. I'm mainly interested in some specs and any reviews. Most helpful would be Eye Relief, Length, and Weight. Also, I would value your personal thoughts on this scope should you have or had owned one. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Kahles Helia C 6x42(?) - 07/15/18
https://www.optics-trade.eu/downloa...KAHLES%20HELIA%20C-%20Optics%20Trade.pdf

This link has all the tech specs. Haven't owned one of these so can't help there.
Posted By: stevevan1 Re: Kahles Helia C 6x42(?) - 07/15/18
Thanks!
Posted By: Northman Re: Kahles Helia C 6x42(?) - 07/16/18
One of the best scopes out there!! I have the 4x36, 6x42 and 8x50 in the same series.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Kahles Helia C 6x42(?) - 07/16/18
I got a Kahles 2-7X36 to put on my Brno 7mm Mannlicher. In the high detachable mounts that fit this gun the large ocular 1.57" just clears the bolt.

The 3-9x33 much smaller dia. Leupold ocular just clears the bolt on my other Brno 7x57.
Posted By: GrimJim Re: Kahles Helia C 6x42(?) - 07/16/18
Originally Posted by stevevan1
I need a little help. I have an opportunity to acquire a Kahles Helia C 6x42 scope. I do not have the scope in hand as it is a possible internet transaction. I've become a fan of Kahles and this scope has my interest but I've Goggled this particular model and can't seem to find too much info. I'm mainly interested in some specs and any reviews. Most helpful would be Eye Relief, Length, and Weight. Also, I would value your personal thoughts on this scope should you have or had owned one. Thanks in advance.

I owned a Kahles Helia C 6x42. It has about 3.5 inches of eye relief and a 24' field of view at 100 yards (note: the specs referenced in an earlier email say 21'). I would trade a bit of FOV for a bit more of eye relief myself. That said, if 3.5 inches of eye relief suits you, this scope has a remarkable image. You want to look through it just for the pleasure of looking through it. It is also fairly light and short compared to some others. Its the best 6x42 I have ever looked through allowing that I have never used the Zeiss or Swarovski 6x42's.

Jim
Posted By: micky Re: Kahles Helia C 6x42(?) - 07/18/18
I own most of the 6x scopes that can be found here in the US. This is my favorite. It is bright and clear as anything I have used. The one possible downside is the eye relief is smaller than most of the other high end 6x scopes. I have mine on a 6.5 Grendel so it is no worry. I would not want one on a heavy kicker like a lightweight magnum or slug gun. In that case I would go Meopta. Other than that, the Kahles is amazing.
© 24hourcampfire